Eight years ago today, the @Seahawks got a steal

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":117tuzs2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1254925756062265344[/tweet]
Funny how Mayock and Gruden loved the pick, while most other talking heads hated it and said they took him too early.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qnpck1u said:
KitsapGuy":2qnpck1u said:
Funny how Mayock and Gruden loved the pick, while most other talking heads hated it and said they took him to early.

And they still can't admit they were wrong, just ask Ron Jaworski or Mel Kiper.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Remember Walterfoot all? LOL! "Check this out! I just gave Seattle my worst grade ever!"

Goes on to badmouthing our entire draft!

:rofl:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he was the guy I wanted, was so happy when they picked him. I'm sure there were idiots on here that said he was a reach.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It was the not-tall-enough bs. They said the same thing about Joe Montana, who was also taken in the third round.

Nunya

Reaction score
It is interesting to go back and read the comments made right after the draft:

Round 1 - #15: Seahawks trade 3 spots down (obtained a 4th & 6th round pick from Eagles) and pick Bruce Irvin.
Round 2 - #47: Seahawks trade 3 spots down (obtained a 5th & 7th round pick from Jets) and pick Bobby Wagner
Round 3 - #75: Russell Wilson
Round 4 - #106: Robert Turbin
Round 4 - #114: Jaye Howard
Round 5 - Traded Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch
Round 5 - #154: Kory Toomer
Round 6 - #172: Jeremy Lane
Round 6 - #181: Winston Guy
Round 7 - #225: J.R. Sweezy
Round 7 - #232: Greg Scruggs

The comments:

Donald Wood, Bleacher Report
Gave Seattle an “F” grade. Drafting Wilson was “by far the worst move of the draft.” Drafting Wilson and Irvin were “the two worst moves of the draft.”

Jason Cole, Yahoo Sports
Gave an “D-” grade overall. Says Russell Wilson will “be lucky to be Seneca Wallace” and the Seahawks “are no closer to solving the QB situation now than they were before 2011.”

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports (Round 1 grades and Round 3 grades)
Overall, he gives Seattle a “C+” grade. He calls Wilson a “strange pick.” Says Melvin Ingram, who was picked by San Diego at No. 18 and has one sack in 15 games so far this season, would’ve been a better pick.

Matt Miller, Bleacher Report
Gave Seahawks a “D” grade overall. Called Irvin a “grab.” Says Seahawks “messed up” by drafting Wilson. Says those two picks were “just bad.”

SI.com (author not listed)
Seahawks get a “C” grade overall for their “blah” draft. Seahawks were “bonkers” for picking Irvin. Says that Wilson “has a bright future, even if Seattle didn’t really need him.”

Vinny Iyer, Sporting News
Overall grade is a “D.” He says the Seahawks drafted “defensive head-scratchers.”

Dalton Johnson, Bleacher Report
Gave the Seahawks a “C-” grade. Says the Seahawks draft was “full of reaches,” including all three top picks — Irvin, Wagner (or “Wager”) and Wilson.

Mel Kiper — ESPN draft guru
gave Seattle a “C-” grade — tied for the lowest of all 32 teams — and he had “huge questions” about the Hawks draft.

Rat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fuw5kvm said:
KitsapGuy":2fuw5kvm said:
Funny how Mayock and Gruden loved the pick, while most other talking heads hated it and said they took him too early.

Eh, Gruden loves everyone. And you're talking about the two guys who currently employ Nathan Peterman.

I thought I remembered Kiper saying addressing the height concerns, but saying that if there was ever going to be someone who overcomes that, it'll be Russ. I thought that was a good way to put it.