Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance Britt Re-Signs?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Any chance Britt Re-Signs?
Mon May 04, 2020 1:16 pm
  • I know sometimes players can be fairly salty about being cut, but we have seen some players come back on cheaper deals. Not sure if he will have that much of a market either, with COVID slowing down the health checks and such. I would be down for having him back, even if just in the name of consistency along the O-line.
    bbsplitter
    NET Veteran

Re: Any chance Britt Re-Signs?
Mon May 04, 2020 1:20 pm
  • I think they cleared that cap room for either DT or Clowney and are simply waiting it out. Britt will probably move on.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon May 04, 2020 1:42 pm
  • I sure hope we can resign him. He is a beast when healthy!
    I doubt it will happen.
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 04, 2020 3:29 pm
  • I'd feel a lot better about our O Line if we could get Britt back healthy and cheap, but not at the expense of missing out on Clowney, period, and/or Griff for our D.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon May 04, 2020 4:44 pm
  • Wilson will miss him the most
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon May 04, 2020 4:50 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:I'd feel a lot better about our O Line if we could get Britt back healthy and cheap, but not at the expense of missing out on Clowney, period, and/or Griff for our D.

:ditto:
    nrayorr
    NET Starter

Mon May 04, 2020 6:36 pm
  • I don't think Clowney comes back. He isn't worth
    that amount of money.
    Because of my hopes for the d line:

De-taylor and robinson
    De-green, collier, Naz jones even though he was waived
    Dt-reed, Ford,money, christmas, naz jones

3rd down de-griffin, Irvin rotate
    3rd down dt-reed, naz jones, green or collier.

Having Clowney would be a waste of someone elses coming into the league. We dont need him. Or everson Griffin for that matter. I would like to see some of these players we drafted or took a chance on become something like clark or jacob Martin, who we should have kept.

How I think o line should pan out for what I have seen of our previous o line play:

Lt-brown, shell or jones
    Lg- Haynes
    C -Lewis, hunt or pocic
    Rg-jones, Simmons
    Rt-shell, Lewis or jones

I liked Haynes, jones and Simmons at either guard spots. They all played well. I think Lewis has the feet to play RT. It stuck out to me at the combine.
    I know he has experience at guard and center though. Only way pocic makes the team is beating out someone at center. Otherwise bye. Finney may be there also, but I'm wondering why they resigned hunt? I thought he was ok at best. Often got pushed around to easy. If britt comes back-please put Lewis at rt. From what I saw last year...Haynes, jones and Simmons can hold their own.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 pm
  • Our offensive line is going to suck this year.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Thu May 07, 2020 8:55 am
  • bbsplitter wrote:I know sometimes players can be fairly salty about being cut, but we have seen some players come back on cheaper deals. Not sure if he will have that much of a market either, with COVID slowing down the health checks and such. I would be down for having him back, even if just in the name of consistency along the O-line.

Certainly possible. Justin Britt must first complete his rehab in order to pass a contract mandated physical. John Schneider appears to appreciate flexibility in all it's many forms .......................
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu May 07, 2020 10:09 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:Our offensive line is going to suck this year.

Use that cristal ball you have to tell me when this covid $h!t will be over.
    RealDeal
    NET Rookie

Thu May 07, 2020 11:52 am

I'm not seeing this. Finney is a proven center and Hunt is a capable backup that got valuable exp. Lewis is Fluker, but young, Brown is a rock at LT. Iupati?...I want competition to make this choice. RT?...How can we not improve after the Ifedi experiment. He couldn't get more than a vet minimum contract and was a first rounder. He stunk.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:15 am
  • ... now that Hunt is out? Any recent rumors on visits or interest from other teams out there?
    chrispy
    NET Starter

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 am
  • Britt is gone. Was a little surprised they let Hunt go, but I think we're good at interior line now.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:35 am
  • I'm thinking a Mike Solari line is less than an ideal fit for Joey Hunt. Joey will now be at liberty to search for his best fit.

Justin still has to work his way back and chose a team.

I am also looking forward to seeing Solari's interior line rebuild. It's a very interesting group.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:11 am
  • Everybody who is still harping on "this O-line stinks, PC/JS are doing nothing for it, all is lost, waaaa!" haven't been paying attention to Seahawks football over the last 9 years. Solari is doing a yeoman's job overhauling what that idiot rhymes-with-unable did to it. That jackwad started out with a serviceable line and slowly changed it into the vision of what he thought an O-line should be - slow, injury-prone, with no skills and no experience, and terrible coaching. He took it straight into the $h!t, and anybody but overly-loyal PC would have fired his butt after that failed experiment was half over. Now that Solari is here and doing his thing, PC/JS are doing the same thing with the O-line that they did with the entire team for the first two years - extreme roster churn, total personnel turnover, trying one of everyone and seeing who sticks. I don't see how our O-line can be anything but WAY WAY better this year, if only by getting rid of the false-starting/holding/still can't be effective Ifiedi. With last year's somewhat-repaired O-line we had a top 10 offense, we should take a significant step up this year I think.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:27 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:Everybody who is still harping on "this O-line stinks, PC/JS are doing nothing for it, all is lost, waaaa!" haven't been paying attention to Seahawks football over the last 9 years. Solari is doing a yeoman's job overhauling what that idiot rhymes-with-unable did to it. That jackwad started out with a serviceable line and slowly changed it into the vision of what he thought an O-line should be - slow, injury-prone, with no skills and no experience, and terrible coaching. He took it straight into the $h!t, and anybody but overly-loyal PC would have fired his butt after that failed experiment was half over. Now that Solari is here and doing his thing, PC/JS are doing the same thing with the O-line that they did with the entire team for the first two years - extreme roster churn, total personnel turnover, trying one of everyone and seeing who sticks. I don't see how our O-line can be anything but WAY WAY better this year, if only by getting rid of the false-starting/holding/still can't be effective Ifiedi. With last year's somewhat-repaired O-line we had a top 10 offense, we should take a significant step up this year I think.

You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him.

We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 pm
  • jamescasey1124 wrote:I don't think Clowney comes back. He isn't worth
    that amount of money.
    Because of my hopes for the d line:

De-taylor and robinson
    De-green, collier, Naz jones even though he was waived
    Dt-reed, Ford,money, christmas, naz jones

3rd down de-griffin, Irvin rotate
    3rd down dt-reed, naz jones, green or collier.

Having Clowney would be a waste of someone elses coming into the league. We dont need him. Or everson Griffin for that matter. I would like to see some of these players we drafted or took a chance on become something like clark or jacob Martin, who we should have kept.

How I think o line should pan out for what I have seen of our previous o line play:

Lt-brown, shell or jones
    Lg- Haynes
    C -Lewis, hunt or pocic
    Rg-jones, Simmons
    Rt-shell, Lewis or jones

I liked Haynes, jones and Simmons at either guard spots. They all played well. I think Lewis has the feet to play RT. It stuck out to me at the combine.
    I know he has experience at guard and center though. Only way pocic makes the team is beating out someone at center. Otherwise bye. Finney may be there also, but I'm wondering why they resigned hunt? I thought he was ok at best. Often got pushed around to easy. If britt comes back-please put Lewis at rt. From what I saw last year...Haynes, jones and Simmons can hold their own.

I love Naz Jones. I wonder if his health has dropped off, or if he's lost interest in the game? He's an athletic beast, and next to Poona could really help that DLine.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him. We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.

The big difference between the Drew Nowak/Damien Lewis competition in 2015 and the Finney/Pocic competition this year is that Nowak and Lewis were undrafted raw prospects with minimal NFL experience.

In contrast, Finney was the 3rd ranked center of his draft class while Pocic was the 2nd ranked center the following year. Both of them have had lots of experience as backups since joining the league but haven't had much of a shot at center due to sitting behind established starters.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him. We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.

The big difference between the Drew Nowak/Damien Lewis competition in 2015 and the Finney/Pocic competition this year is that Nowak and Lewis were undrafted raw prospects with minimal NFL experience.

In contrast, Finney was the 3rd ranked center of his draft class while Pocic was the 2nd ranked center the following year. Both of them have had lots of experience as backups since joining the league but haven't had much of a shot at center due to sitting behind established starters.

Doesn't matter at this point, it will be all new all over again, we will have a learning curve, less so with Pocic, but he sure should have added muscle to that frame or he is going to be a revolving door.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:18 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:Our offensive line is going to suck this year.

I'm not seeing this. Finney is a proven center and Hunt is a capable backup that got valuable exp. Lewis is Fluker, but young, Brown is a rock at LT. Iupati?...I want competition to make this choice. RT?...How can we not improve after the Ifedi experiment. He couldn't get more than a vet minimum contract and was a first rounder. He stunk.

So, let me ask you -- where have we improved? The line was already marginal at best last season. To suddenly think this unit is going to play better is just being blind to the facts.

First off, our LT is one of the oldest starting left tackles in the NFL. Right now he's at the stage where he could realistically start declining and slowing down. There is no heir apparent here. He's also liable to become more injury prone as the years saunter on. Brown is a wildcard, this could be the year he declines, or things could be business as usual. Iupati is washed up and injury prone, behind him are a bunch of nobodies. Our center position was drastically downgraded with BJ Finney and Pocic. Finney is a career backup that looked underwhelming when put into duty in Pittsburgh, and Pocic looked like hot garbage here. Both are clear downgrades from Britt who knows the system and was a capable center. There is going to be a learning curve for BJ Finney as well as a downgrade skill wise. Chance Warmack is similar to DJ Fluker, but unlike Fluker he doesn't know the system. Warmack also has a long history of being unable to stay healthy. Our RT, Shell is a lateral move from Ifedi. Both of them were bad last season, and both of them struggled with penalties, this guy less so than Ifedi.

Most of our lineman aren't starters on many teams. We've had lateral moves at two positions, but due to age, and injury considerations, and the subtraction of Britt this unit is not likely to be very good. If you think the offensive line is going to be anything than a liability this year you'd be fooling yourself.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:32 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:LT is one of the oldest starting left tackles in the NFL...Iupati is washed up and injury prone, behind him are a bunch of nobodies... Our center position was drastically downgraded ...Chance Warmack is similar to DJ Fluker, but unlike Fluker he doesn't know the system...Our RT, Shell is a lateral move from Ifedi.

That's a pessimistic take, which is understandable given our OL struggles over the last couple of years. It just doesn't tell the full story.

LT: Brown was excellent last year at age 34, giving up just one sack despite a tough schedule against some very good defensive lines. Even if he does slow down, he should still easily be in the upper half of LTs in the NFL. He has also been very durable over his career and I doubt his injury risk at age 35 is any higher than that of the average LT around the league. Jones may not be the same caliber, but that's a high bar to set for a backup T and if Jones needs to play and can stay healthy he'll likely be serviceable.

LG: Iupati was above average last year (25th OG via PFF), a major factor in the running game, and had the 2nd most snaps (over 1000) on the OL behind only Ifedi. He has only ever missed more than the half of the snaps in a season once (2017 Arizona). Simmons looked good in a small sample size until he got hurt, and is now healthy again.

C: Britt played less than half the season so Hunt is the better comparison, or at the least a Britt/Hunt combo. Finney looked best at center in Pittsburgh and we haven't seen Pocic at center yet here. Britt himself was hot garbage as a guard, so if you want to compare him to Finney/Pocic's play at guard then that's a better comparison as well. Leverage is much less of an issue at center and being lanky is actually an asset (as the other linemen can gain an extra inch or two on the snap). I think it's highly likely we get better center play this year than last year.

RG: Lewis was the second guard off the board (if you count Hunt as a G) because we thought he was NFL ready. I suspect he will take over the job part of the way into the season, and will immediately be far better in pass protection then Fluker ever was. Like Simmons, Haynes also looked promising in a small sample size, then got hurt, and is now healthy again.

RT: Ifedi's best offer was a non-guaranteed $1m as a right guard in Chicago where he will be in competition for a job. You may not like Shell, but he had much more interest league wide and you are very much overstating Shell's 5 penalties in 2019 vs. Ifedi's 13 penalties.

I am quite certain that many here will consider the OL a liability next season regardless of how things go. I don't agree that there is no room for optimism here.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:07 am
  • Why is no one talking about Jamarco Jones. He got a little experience last year and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities. The question I have about Jones is where do they see his best position. LG? RG? RT? Future LT?
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:14 am
  • Is there anything out there on Britt's recovery? It was a pretty serious injury which for some is hard to come back from.
    MO Hawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 am

I'm trying to remember a time when our O-line did not suck. Seems like it's been about 5-6 years....
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:Why is no one talking about Jamarco Jones. He got a little experience last year and looked pretty good in his limited opportunities. The question I have about Jones is where do they see his best position. LG? RG? RT? Future LT?

He struggled filling in LT when Brown got hurt, but redeemed himself playing LG. I think he will fight for LG starting spot.
    poly1274
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information