Great Brandon Browner article I love the guy, and feel 4 him

ivotuk

Reaction score
Make no mistake, he's responsible for his actions, but I think they are a result of his inability to process fear and hurt in a positive manner.

This article is from the Athletic, and is pay to read, but I highly recommend the purchase. Best articles I have ever read. I was off and on their site, gave them my email, and eventually they offered it at a discount, about $30 for a year.

Brandon Browner: From the ‘Legion of Boom’ to inmate No. BL7078

Browner grew up with 15 brothers and sisters in Pacoima, Calif., a neighborhood in the northern San Fernando Valley notorious for gang activity.

Many of his family members were, according to people in the know, “in the life.” At one point, Browner said, his dad, little brother, sister, cousin and stepdad were all in prison.

By the end of the 2012 season, the LOB’s familial bond had formed. That summer, Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman and Browner took turns visiting one another’s hometowns: Thomas brought them out to little Orange, Texas, near the Louisiana border; Chancellor hosted a cookout in Norfolk, Va.; Sherman had everyone over in Compton; and Browner hosted them in the San Fernando Valley.

Browner joined his teammates on a vacation to Miami, Fla., where they strolled up and down Ocean Drive, plotting for the season and getting to know one another even better.

https://theathletic.com/1806911/2020/05 ... -no-bl707/

morgulon1

Reaction score
He was my favorite player. Had a nasty attitude about him and it rubbed off on the LOB.

BunHawk

Reaction score
I think his son is going to do some great things. He'll be a freshman in high school this year. I just had the pleasure of coaching him in Rec Basketball All Stars. What a pleasure to coach. Very receptive to coaching and very respectful. He also played flag football and shows his dad's athletic ability there as well.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Great article. Dugar is probably the best long form writer currently on the Seahawks beat.

His article on Malik McDowell was excellent too, and the closest anyone really got to the whole story.

Loved Browner's game, just an absolute tone setter who would turn WRs trying to get off the line of scrimmage into a brawl.

One of the special aspects of those teams is that there was the non-superstars who brought so much attitude and nastiness -Browner, Breno, Sweezy, Red. Hell, even the punter had attitude.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Browner was the key piece to our Super Bowl win.

Then, next year, he goes and plays for the Patriots. And who wins the Super Bowl? The Patriots. And who was the key piece behind the game-winning play? Browner. If you said "Darrell Bevell", please PM a moderator and request for your account to be deleted immediately.

I know, that's a really simple way of looking at it. But as was already stated in this thread, Browner brought a nastiness that rubbed off on the other players, which subsided slowly after Browner left. That kind of thing shouldn't be overlooked.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Tom Brady coming back from 10 down in the 4th quarter was huge in that game. It's pretty common for Brady. 60 minute game, many different things contributed. They certainly didn't lose exclusively because of one play. They had 4 quarters to put up more points. They had a 10 point lead and let the Pats go down the field like it was nothing. But your point is valid, Browner was a huge part of the LOB and that attitude they brought.
I'll never forget a pre-game sit down interview they did with him, recorded a few days before the playoff game with the Redskins. They asked him about Santana Moss talking junk, he basically said they were gonna' shut him up. Which of course they did.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2e1u0o84 said:
Well, Tom Brady coming back from 10 down in the 4th quarter was huge in that game. It's pretty common for Brady. 60 minute game, many different things contributed. They certainly didn't lose exclusively because of one play. They had 4 quarters to put up more points. They had a 10 point lead and let the Pats go down the field like it was nothing. But your point is valid, Browner was a huge part of the LOB and that attitude they brought.
I'll never forget a pre-game sit down interview they did with him, recorded a few days before the playoff game with the Redskins. They asked him about Santana Moss talking junk, he basically said they were gonna' shut him up. Which of course they did.

True but if I recall they attacked Tharold Simon with Edelman and we had no answer. Browner or Jeremy Lane (healthy) for that matter would have made it a totally different outcome.

Here is the video you're referencing by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbvE6M5oVCE

[youtube]fbvE6M5oVCE[/youtube]

morgulon1

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gl2hffl said:

Agreed. Look at what happened in that game ,( many other games with Browner) the game is going along as usual and the camera jerks and shakes as it tries to focus on what is happening on the other side away from the play.

Browner has gotten the WR so pissed off that they're rolling around on the ground wrestling . The opposing recievers mind is no where close to being able to concentrate on catching a pass and help his team.

Mission accomplished.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I remember that. The receiver didn't even run his route, he just ran right into Browner and tackled him to the ground lol.

morgulon1

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1022he69 said:
I remember that. The receiver didn't even run his route, he just ran right into Browner and tackled him to the ground lol.

Hahaha. This happened in a lot of the games for the Browner years.

chris98251

Reaction score
fenderbender123":p5udctsg said:

Don't remember anyone tackling Browner, remember some trying to block, and out muscle him to which he basically body slammed them and got away with it since they were not running a route.

The Washington Game was a classic instance of this, the one where RGIII got wrecked also by the field.

morgulon1

Reaction score
chris98251":1lz9z6nk said:
fenderbender123":1lz9z6nk said:

Don't remember anyone tackling Browner, remember some trying to block, and out muscle him to which he basically body slammed them and got away with it since they were not running a route.

The Washington Game was a classic instance of this, the one where RGIII got wrecked also by the field.

I rewatched the game last night and Browner was part of approximately 4-5 scuffles with the last body slam to Garçon hurt him and he ran pff the field holding his shoulder . haha

Basis4day

Reaction score
fenderbender123":wyhqv6vv said:

How's that? He didn't play in the SB. He got hurt in early November sat four games and then got suspended for the Super Bowl run. Byron Maxwell took his place and turned it into a big contract with the Eagles.

olyfan63

Reaction score
godawg":1tzzhcei said:
I still remember when BB leveled three Cardinals when he was blocking for a kickoff return.
https://youtu.be/XU0SbhuPi8k

That's exactly the play that came to mind for me also, when I think about Browner.
That play and a play against Carolina where he stuffed a Cam Newton read option at a key time in the game to preserve a win.

KinesProf

Reaction score
fenderbender123":153b66wo said:

Browner didn't play in that Super Bowl or in the games leading up to it.

Jville

Reaction score
Brandon Browner ranks first in single-season interception return yards .....

In 2011, Browner returned six interceptions for a grand total of 220 yards, including two for touchdowns, capped by a 94-yard return for a score against the Giants. For good measure, Browner also led in the NFL that season with 23 passes defended, capping one of the most impressive rookie seasons by a corner in NFL history.

Source >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/5-defensive-statistical-surprises-in-seahawks-franchise-history[/urltargetblank]