Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Personally I don't care if he is guilty or not.

    But the recanting of the statements, whether coerced or paid or simply someone realizing that they were going to be exposed if they continued their charade, makes it clear that it is just as likely he walks as there is a conviction. If not more likely that he is found not guilty at this point.

    So, it looks like we might still have an effective corner for the season. That appears to be good news.

    Still, maybe everyone should avoid wearing expensive watches around him...just in case.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.
    Nunya
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17072
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Certainly, the off-field judgment is in question.

    He either got into a high stakes card game with people he did not know or could not trust

    OR

    Cooperated in an attempt to rob people he knew


    It should also be mentioned that you never should gamble money you are not prepared to lose. Or put yourself in a position to lose more than you are prepared to lose.

    He certainly did not make wise decisions. I don't think that can be disputed easily. But as more information comes out, it feels like the chances of him actually playing corner for us increases. So it isn't as bad as it seemed earlier.

    And admittedly, the initial reports on this were hilarious. I laughed so hard I was crying.

    AND

    Karma for him ignoring the whole 'social distancing' thing, whether he is found guilty or not.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17072
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.

    Again...this wasn't about kids, it was about grown men. And one (only one from what I heard) was carrying a gun, legally. My son carrys legally. I would have no problem with my son hanging out with people who carry legally, in fact, he does. I also know that if you have you CCW that means that you have a pretty clean record and acting stupid will cost you your CCW.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.


    I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.
    Nunya
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • Nunya wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.


    I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.


    You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

    There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17072
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.


    I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.


    You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

    There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.


    "Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.


    I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.


    You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

    There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.


    "Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.


    ^^what he said^^
    Nunya
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 87
    Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 am


  • *********
    Attachments
    cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg (31.88 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
    Last edited by jmahon316 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 555
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.


    If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

    I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

    No. Dumb is dumb.


    I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.


    You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

    There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.


    I personally believe in the 2nd amendment but I have to agree with the above post. Dude quite possibly put himself in a very bad situation when he has so much riding on this season and the seasons moving forward. Let us suppose he is cleared of all charges, does this change the way a potential team interested in his services looks at him?
    Maybe...maybe not but I just dont see it being worth the hassle and worst case 25-50 years in prison.

    I bet Dunbar wishes he had stayed home .
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4649
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • He's going to wish he stayed home.



    Here is what is likely to happen:

    Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

    He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.



    It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3890
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • How do we even know that Dunbar knew Baker was carrying? I bet most of my friends have no idea. Baker had his concealed permit, that means his weapon was...anyone, concealed.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:He's going to wish he stayed home.



    Here is what is likely to happen:

    Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

    He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.



    It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.



    Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31561
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.



  • chris98251 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:He's going to wish he stayed home.



    Here is what is likely to happen:

    Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

    He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.



    It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.



    Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.

    In Roger Goodell’s NFL, that doesn’t matter.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5912
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


  • Rat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:He's going to wish he stayed home.



    Here is what is likely to happen:

    Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

    He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.



    It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.



    Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.

    In Roger Goodell’s NFL, that doesn’t matter.


    Well if he screws the pooch on this one he will be crucified in public opinion court.

    But

    We have a problem with Goodell, the Giants are his favorite team, the Seahawks are his or one of his most disliked teams, have to remember the Shockey game and the whole pumped in noise investigation under his initial taking the Commissioner mantel.


    He can't hamstring the Seahawks and not the Giants.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 31561
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:He's going to wish he stayed home.



    Here is what is likely to happen:

    Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

    He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.



    It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.



    Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.

    In Roger Goodell’s NFL, that doesn’t matter.


    Well if he screws the pooch on this one he will be crucified in public opinion court.

    But

    We have a problem with Goodell, the Giants are his favorite team, the Seahawks are his or one of his most disliked teams, have to remember the Shockey game and the whole pumped in noise investigation under his initial taking the Commissioner mantel.


    He can't hamstring the Seahawks and not the Giants.


    Especially when it sounds like Dunbar was the least involved of the two.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • The way I see it, its never good for the state if your witnesses change or recant their stories. Should the case go to trial, they'll be ripped apart on cross. I doubt that the charges will stick but the whole story still seems quite murky. That said, knowing Goodell, he'll be suspended for a few games to start the year.

    Who knows, maybe he goes on to play decently well and this whole ordeal makes it easier to re-sign him. That could be important with both him and Griffin in contract years.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 12
    Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:17 am


  • i think as long as you don't do weed & or hit women, Dunbar will be ok...
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1165
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


  • Exactly what Rat said ^^
    GODdell will do what he wants, doesn't matter if Dunbar has the case dismissed. Players getting suspensions w/out being arrested is pretty common.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15402
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 6994
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

    One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.


    Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

    All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

    Um..yeah....Maybe Pete & John should be looking in Church groups or Monastery's for their players? :rofl:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7339
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • The days of players being suspended for criminal cases that don't result in convictions are probably over.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 359
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


  • JayhawkMike wrote:The days of players being suspended for criminal cases that don't result in convictions are probably over.


    Well good imo if it's true. But what are you basing it off of?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4170
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


  • JayhawkMike wrote:The days of players being suspended for criminal cases that don't result in convictions are probably over.


    That's how it should be, right?
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 555
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm


  • It should be that way to start and I think it will start being that way because of the current BLM stuff going on.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 359
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


  • Off-topic but i'm still waiting for the Robert Kraft suspension.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 53
    Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm
    Location: Bournemouth, UK


  • TAB420 wrote:"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.


    I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

    If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

    The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1787
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am





  • "I was gambling in Havana!

    I took a little risk!

    Send Lawyers Guns and Money!

    Dad get me out of this!


    I'm the innocent bystander

    Somehow I got stuck

    Between the rock and the hard place

    And I'm down on my luck"
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20104
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • An all time Classic:


    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20104
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Mad Dog wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.


    I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

    If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

    The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.


    I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.


    I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

    If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

    The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.


    I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
    I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

    Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

    Just my humble opinion. Firearms and alcohol are not acceptable.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9160
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm


  • hawk45 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.


    I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

    If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

    The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.


    I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
    I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

    Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

    Just my humble opinion. Firearms and alcohol are not acceptable.

    I could careless what anyone thinks or what anyone's humble opinion is. But, I also will not call other's irresponsible because their beliefs are different than mine. At the end of the day the choices I make are on me and I choose to carry everywhere. I don't let the situation or the people dictate my ability to protect myself or my family. That being said, if you can't control yourself around alcohol or shady people (which sounds like your case) then don't carry. I was a peace officer for many years so I'm sure I look at things a little different than most.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • I've been a hunter and guide all of my life. My biggest issue was always some client that thought they need a 44 Magnum. My little .243 Winchester has 4 times the muzzle velocity, and 3 times the muzzle energy of a 44 Magnum. So if you're looking for protection in the woods, carry a short barrelled rifle.

    If you're bow hunting and need a back up weapon, carry a .454. Casull. That's what I used on my Kodiak hunt.

    But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring $h!t up.

    Carrying a gun should be viewed as a privilege, only allowed after training on how to be safe around one. Too many innocent family members get injured or killed by ignorant gun owners. Do any of you want that to reflect on your ability to carry?

    I don't.

    I view carrying to a party with alcohol as a dangerous decision. Nobody makes good decisions when they are drinking or high. Which is why we don't allow them to operate the ultimate weapon while drunk or high, the automobile. Look at how many innocent people that thing has killed.

    As to these guys, I can't really be judgemental either direction as we don't have all the facts yet, but I think it was a poor decision.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20104
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • ivotuk wrote:I've been a hunter and guide all of my life. My biggest issue was always some client that thought they need a 44 Magnum. My little .243 Winchester has 4 times the muzzle velocity, and 3 times the muzzle energy of a 44 Magnum. So if you're looking for protection in the woods, carry a short barrelled rifle.

    If you're bow hunting and need a back up weapon, carry a .454. Casull. That's what I used on my Kodiak hunt.

    But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring $h!t up.

    Carrying a gun should be viewed as a privilege, only allowed after training on how to be safe around one. Too many innocent family members get injured or killed by ignorant gun owners. Do any of you want that to reflect on your ability to carry?

    I don't.

    I view carrying to a party with alcohol as a dangerous decision. Nobody makes good decisions when they are drinking or high. Which is why we don't allow them to operate the ultimate weapon while drunk or high, the automobile. Look at how many innocent people that thing has killed.

    As to these guys, I can't really be judgemental either direction as we don't have all the facts yet, but I think it was a poor decision.

    I don't drink so I never carry drunk or high. I care more about protecting my family than making other's feel nervous, although, no one see's that i'm carrying. I live in an open carry state (no one get's nervous). And lastly, carrying (in my opinion, and the constitution) is a right, not a privilege.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:I've been a hunter and guide all of my life. My biggest issue was always some client that thought they need a 44 Magnum. My little .243 Winchester has 4 times the muzzle velocity, and 3 times the muzzle energy of a 44 Magnum. So if you're looking for protection in the woods, carry a short barrelled rifle.

    If you're bow hunting and need a back up weapon, carry a .454. Casull. That's what I used on my Kodiak hunt.

    But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring $h!t up.

    Carrying a gun should be viewed as a privilege, only allowed after training on how to be safe around one. Too many innocent family members get injured or killed by ignorant gun owners. Do any of you want that to reflect on your ability to carry?

    I don't.

    I view carrying to a party with alcohol as a dangerous decision. Nobody makes good decisions when they are drinking or high. Which is why we don't allow them to operate the ultimate weapon while drunk or high, the automobile. Look at how many innocent people that thing has killed.

    As to these guys, I can't really be judgemental either direction as we don't have all the facts yet, but I think it was a poor decision.

    I don't drink so I never carry drunk or high. I care more about protecting my family than making other's feel nervous, although, no one see's that i'm carrying. I live in an open carry state (no one get's nervous). And lastly, carrying (in my opinion, and the constitution) is a right, not a privilege.


    The minute the second amendment is a "privelege" instead of a "right" is the second it disappears as both. I have had a CCW for over 20 years and rarely carry but like to have the option and the ability to not have to wait to buy a gun.

    People who carry have another option in any situation that those that don't carry do. It has been used for good purposes and bad purposes. Freedom does not make you free from the risk of other people using their freedom in a way that negatively impacts you and others.

    Going to an illegal gambling party late into the night with drugs and alcohol and a gun is a high risk situation. Add to the fact that games could easily be rigged and that drunk and high people make poor gambling decisions AND that their inhibition against violence is likely lessened and that they are young, in a sport that values aggressiveness and violence, and on average have probably had several diagnosed and undiagnosed brain injuries over their entire playing time and, well, what could go wrong?

    My personal read is that they were were drunk or high, lost a lot of money, justified it as the gambling was rigged and set out to right their wrongs. It is likely not normal behavior for them and will never happen again and ultimately they will walk because of proactive attorneys that muddied the waters.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 359
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 pm


  • TAB420 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

    If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

    The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.


    I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
    I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

    Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

    Just my humble opinion. Firearms and alcohol are not acceptable.

    I could careless what anyone thinks or what anyone's humble opinion is. But, I also will not call other's irresponsible because their beliefs are different than mine. At the end of the day the choices I make are on me and I choose to carry everywhere. I don't let the situation or the people dictate my ability to protect myself or my family. That being said, if you can't control yourself around alcohol or shady people (which sounds like your case) then don't carry. I was a peace officer for many years so I'm sure I look at things a little different than most.


    Partying around alcohol and shady people with a firearm is irresponsible, full stop. Whether I can control myself or not is beside the point; at such a party I would have other drunk people to contend with. Since I cannot control the actions of others, I choose not to assume the risk. Because my family won't do well if a stranger decides to engage me, and a weapon becomes involved. You do that, and you place your family in jeopardy you could have easily avoided. You'll not find a more staunch 2A advocate than myself, but responsible gun owners practice situational awareness.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9160
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm


  • Now, regarding Dunbar, I don't expect 20 something kids to be anything other than stupid, and Dunbar isn't the first, nor will he be the last. I don't respect his choice, and wouldn't go within 10 miles of him personally, but that doesn't matter to the game of football. I don't identify with nor respect (outside of respect I'd give to a stranger) with NFL players. They do things on the field which I enjoy, and that's the end of it.

    So I will be perfectly sanguine if he ends up playing.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 9160
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm


  • hawk45 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
    I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

    Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

    Just my humble opinion. Firearms and alcohol are not acceptable.

    I could careless what anyone thinks or what anyone's humble opinion is. But, I also will not call other's irresponsible because their beliefs are different than mine. At the end of the day the choices I make are on me and I choose to carry everywhere. I don't let the situation or the people dictate my ability to protect myself or my family. That being said, if you can't control yourself around alcohol or shady people (which sounds like your case) then don't carry. I was a peace officer for many years so I'm sure I look at things a little different than most.


    Partying around alcohol and shady people with a firearm is irresponsible, full stop. Whether I can control myself or not is beside the point; at such a party I would have other drunk people to contend with. Since I cannot control the actions of others, I choose not to assume the risk. Because my family won't do well if a stranger decides to engage me, and a weapon becomes involved. You do that, and you place your family in jeopardy you could have easily avoided. You'll not find a more staunch 2A advocate than myself, but responsible gun owners practice situational awareness.


    Then don't carry there, you do you and I'll worry about me. I don't give a $h!t about the conditions of other, I worry about protecting myself and my family, period. My gun is concealed and would never be pulled unless lives were at stake. What would you do if you found yourself in a life or death situation, but you didn't carry because other might be drinking? What's next, a cop should leave his gun in the car because he's breaking up a party where there's drinking, gambling, and thugs present? You just described a situation where I want to be carrying. That being said, you're not or ever been law enforcement so it is different I would suspect.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • I'm just going to add there is a reason why you cannot carry in Bars
    or liquor stores even with a permit.
    In Indiana anyway.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5416
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • Oregon has no bar restrictions, whether it be concealed carry with a CHL, or openly carried without CHL in a non-ban city. The statutes are simply silent on the issue. I don't drink so it has 0 effect on me. I could get assaulted by a bunch of drunk guys (it's happened) walking down the street. I carry for protection, my social setting doesn't affect that. But, it's pretty easy. If you don't like it, don't do it.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • Woot! Guns!
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5732
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


  • I would make every attempt to build my team roster from the best, most highly skilled athletes I could find...who have the mental aptitude to exercise sound judgement on the field and off the field. Players represent not just themselves but their entire team, and are role models to a huge audience. Part of the privilege of being highly paid to be an NFL player is accepting the responsibility to avoid putting yourself in circumstances that jeopardize the standing of your team, and teammates who depend on you.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1003
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • Appyhawk wrote:I would make every attempt to build my team roster from the best, most highly skilled athletes I could find...who have the mental aptitude to exercise sound judgement on the field and off the field. Players represent not just themselves but their entire team, and are role models to a huge audience. Part of the privilege of being highly paid to be an NFL player is accepting the responsibility to avoid putting yourself in circumstances that jeopardize the standing of your team, and teammates who depend on you.


    You forgot the part where you read their minds and look into the future. Pete loves taking risks to find that diamond in the ruff or, chip on their shoulder type of player. But, you never know what's going to happen...like an ATV accident. You also stated that "I would make every attempt to build my team roster from the best, most highly skilled athletes I could find...who have the mental aptitude to exercise sound judgement on the field and off the field. Players represent not just themselves but their entire team". Do you think Pete doesn't try to do this? Don't you think athletes tell coaches and draft personnel exactly what they want to hear? Did Dunbar have any priors? It's funny that we don't know the story, Dunbar wasn't carrying, and he might of not known the Giants player was. Yet, some on here are questioning his morals on something that they're clueless about. As for me, innocent until proven guilty. The same goes for his character.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • Appyhawk wrote:I would make every attempt to build my team roster from the best, most highly skilled athletes I could find...who have the mental aptitude to exercise sound judgement on the field and off the field. Players represent not just themselves but their entire team, and are role models to a huge audience. Part of the privilege of being highly paid to be an NFL player is accepting the responsibility to avoid putting yourself in circumstances that jeopardize the standing of your team, and teammates who depend on you.


    Sounds good but unfortunately it's not that easy if your trying to actually win games.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4423
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


  • " innocent until proven guilty."
    Absolutely.
    But if he IS proven guilty it doesn't matter how well he might play football. The charges are more than one level beyond acceptable.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1003
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • We wait and see. This is also the NFL...he can be proven innocent and still be suspended.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online