Attorney-Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar wasn't at alleged robery

ivotuk

Reaction score
Attorney Michael Grieco says Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar wasn’t present at alleged robbery

“He didn’t see anything when it came to what they’re alleging,” Grieco said. “I can’t speak to whether or not something happened inside the house. I can tell you Mr. Dunbar wasn’t there at the time, if it occurred at all.”

There have been reports that the alleged robbery happened after Dunbar and Baker lost roughly $70,000 in high-stakes gambling days before the alleged Wednesday incident. Grieco called that accusation “completely untrue.” He also said there has been a “mischaracterization” of the relationship between Dunbar, 27, and Baker, 22, and that the two are not close.

Grieco said that Dunbar has no prior criminal history and expects that he’s “going to walk away from this exonerated.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/842518/s ... interview/

IMHO, Lawyer-Speak for " I've got a slam dunk acquittal, you just watch! "

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, there is a link to John Clayton's interview this morning at the bottom of the page.

I'm still waiting for the episode to post at 710

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the Twilight Zone of robberies.

The same 4-5 witnesses that say Dunbar was not only at the party, but helped Baker pull off said robbery, then signed affidavits saying that Dunbar didn't do what they said he did.

Now his lawyer is saying he wasn't even at the party, which I know is lawyer code for can't be PROVEN to be at the party.

Which I guess is a smart defense. If you have the affidavits, then next step is "prove my client was at the party, or case closed." So unless someone has phone video of Dunbar and Baker carrying out this robbery, it's going to be very hard for the prosecutors to proceed with the charges, unless the affidavits are bogus and the witnesses are still reliable.

nrayorr

Reaction score
When I read this I was like, "Damn... what the heck is going on here?" and was so disappointed because from what I saw on film we need this guy. I hope that all this goes away. After this then the NFL will need to decide what will be the penalty (if any) for this. If history is any indication of what the NFL will do Dunbar will get some sort of suspension.

sutz

Reaction score
Have to remember they're all using lawyer speak now. Tough to take much of it seriously yet.

I certainly hope Dunbar wasn't involved at all, that would be the optimum outcome for the Seahawks. Kind of hard to believe the original arrest warrant was that far off from the truth, though. But then again, some local cops thinking they have a celebrity football player in their sights could run them off the rails.

Crazy times.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kn9gory said:

The same 4-5 witnesses that say Dunbar was not only at the party, but helped Baker pull off said robbery, then signed affidavits saying that Dunbar didn't do what they said he did.

Now his lawyer is saying he wasn't even at the party, which I know is lawyer code for can't be PROVEN to be at the party.

Which I guess is a smart defense. If you have the affidavits, then next step is "prove my client was at the party, or case closed." So unless someone has phone video of Dunbar and Baker carrying out this robbery, it's going to be very hard for the prosecutors to proceed with the charges, unless the affidavits are bogus and the witnesses are still reliable.

I don't think the lawyer is saying he wasn't at the party. He is saying he wasn't there at the time of the robbery and allowing a little wiggle room that he was there, but maybe outside with the robbery happening inside (or vice versa).

Proving he was at the party is probably easy (or proving he wasn't, same thing). But proving he was at a specific location on the property becomes much, much more difficult.

chris98251

Reaction score
Muddying the waters is in his best interests, reasonable doubt all over and the discrepancies make this a lot harder to pinpoint time and place as well as situational aspects.

I really think this puts a lot more pressure on the District Attorneys to try and make a black and white case with so much differences being leaked out already.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I just hope he can play, regardless if he's innocent or guilty. If he did it, just don't do it again, and the outcome will be as beneficial as can possibly be.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
JOHN CLAYTON -- Hour 1 - The latest turns in the Quinton Dunbar case with ESPN's Cameron Wolfe

Quinton Dunbar has turned himself in and posted bond, so what's next for the Seahawks defensive back? John Clayton examines in Monday's Top Five.

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe has been covering the Dunbar case down in Miami so he joins The Professor midway through the hour.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... hn+Clayton

JOHN CLAYTON -- Hour 2 - Michael Greico, attorney for Quinton Dunbar, dials in to John Clayton

Quinton Dunbar's attorney, Michael Greico, dials in to John Clayton to start off the second hour. Greico explains why he believes his client is innocent of all charges.

On the Report Card, do we now know the truth behind Michael Jordan's Flu Game? The Professor gives it a grade.

Your text questions and The Groz finish off Monday.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... hn+Clayton

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fdrna66y said:

And could I add that the character of these witnesses will come into play? I thought I heard Dunbar's attorney allude
to this .

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
no priors and a good lawyer is a really good combo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":2vjuv8h6 said:
Have to remember they're all using lawyer speak now. Tough to take much of it seriously yet.

I certainly hope Dunbar wasn't involved at all, that would be the optimum outcome for the Seahawks. Kind of hard to believe the original arrest warrant was that far off from the truth, though. But then again, some local cops thinking they have a celebrity football player in their sights could run them off the rails.

Crazy times.

Obviously best case scenario is charges dropped, but as we know with Reed and other players that were never formally found guilty legally, Goodell can and probably will still suspend Dunbar just for "tarnishing the shield."

So even if he's not found guilty or charges are dropped, I wouldn't celebrate because you know Goodell's going to put the hammer down more than likely.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

Dunbar is going to have to prove he wasn't involved. And he is going to have to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

The very circumstance where some of our own fans are speculating on whether he paid these witnesses off to recant their statements, does not bode well for us. It isn't hopeless, but it is going to be an uphill climb for him.

NFL players need to realize that they are targets at all times. And that they will always be at risk to be under the microscope. Just because they 'can' legally do something, does not mean it is not a huge risk to them.

Wrongdoing is not enough, because the very perception of wrongdoing is enough to delay or negatively impact your playing opportunities.

andyh64000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z90zjaq said:
Exactly.

Dunbar is going to have to prove he wasn't involved. And he is going to have to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

The very circumstance where some of our own fans are speculating on whether he paid these witnesses off to recant their statements, does not bode well for us. It isn't hopeless, but it is going to be an uphill climb for him.

NFL players need to realize that they are targets at all times. And that they will always be at risk to be under the microscope. Just because they 'can' legally do something, does not mean it is not a huge risk to them.

Wrongdoing is not enough, because the very perception of wrongdoing is enough to delay or negatively impact your playing opportunities.

He doesn't need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt, that is the bar the prosecutor needs to meet.

Now if you are talking about avoiding NFL suspensions then yes, I would agree he needs to prove he wasn't involved.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Cyrus12":35faxdxw said:
Just pay off who he has to to make it go away..Rapistberger style. Problem solved.

Already done. He was obviously involved in the robbery and got the benefit of some smart lawyering