Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hawks @ 26th

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Hawks @ 26th
Tue May 19, 2020 7:48 am
  • espn ranks the Hawks at 26th for 2020 season . They base that on both lines being suspect . Seems like a harsh ranking to me .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Re: Hawks @ 26th
Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 am
  • Yeah, that seems a bit low.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 19, 2020 9:11 am
  • Sweet, that means we'll get the #6 overall pick in the draft!
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 am
  • The media pundits are ALWAYS tough on us the beginning of the league year and they seem to always have to eat crow and readjust their evaluations later in the year. Let them say what they will, it just gives us a bigger chip on our shoulders.
    nrayorr
    NET Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 9:51 am
  • Well, these rankings for who had the best off season. Not rankings like Power Rankings.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, these rankings for who had the best off season. Not rankings like Power Rankings.

To me it doesn't matter what the writing is about... the writings always seem to take a negative spin on our Hawks. Remember that the pundits gave us a horrible draft grade of an F when we drafted RW. A FREAKING F!!

So, I tend to talk pieces like that with a grain of salt. I don't let it bother me anymore.
    nrayorr
    NET Starter

Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 am
  • Let me guess who had the best offseason? Jerry Jones? The genius owner whose team won’t even win the NFC Least, let alone sniff a Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 am
  • Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....
    That's ok, they'll likely be watching the Hawks in the playoffs again. All while sitting on their couches, again.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 10:45 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:Sweet, that means we'll get the #6 overall pick in the draft!

:lol:
    What that would REALLY mean is we would trade that #6 pick for a 2nd, a 4th, and 2 7th rnd picks.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Sweet, that means we'll get the #6 overall pick in the draft!

:lol:
    What that would REALLY mean is we would trade that #6 pick for a 2nd, a 4th, and 2 7th rnd picks.

Not that I believe we'll get the 6th pick, but I could live with that. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 19, 2020 11:47 am
  • Weren't these guys the same guys who said the team would only win 4 games 2 seasons ago?

I suspect we will find the OLine is not that shabby and I'm doubtful the team is anywhere near done adding to the DLine. The Hawks were an 11-5 team last season with a weak OLine and a weak pass rush. Things would have to fall off the cliff for the team to go from being a contender for first round playoff bye to the 26th worst team in the league.

The Hawks are always going to suck according to ESPN.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 am
  • Power Rankings are voted on by multiple ESPN 'experts'. What you're referring to is an offseason ranking only, written and ranked by only Bill Barnwell. Don't read into it, and lay off the hyperbole.

Here is the link, because OP didn't post it, since it wouldn't fit his narrative:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... l-32-teams
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 pm
  • Thanks for the link Maulbert, yes you are right the story doesn't match the OPs premise.

I still have some trouble with ESPN ranking as they have been less than reliable and are frequently biased towards eastern teams or the Cowboys. Kind of like the anti Hawks bias of Pete Prisco of CBS Sports.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 pm
  • xray wrote:espn ranks the Hawks at 26th for 2020 season . They base that on both lines being suspect . Seems like a harsh ranking to me .

Could you be any more deceptive?

You didn't provide a link or any reference to what was being ranked.

Have a higher standard for your posts.
    Last edited by KinesProf on Tue May 19, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm
  • Eff ESPN.

Nuttin’more that billboard material.

#motivation
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue May 19, 2020 12:28 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....

Can knock the Cowboys for a lot of things, drafting probably isn't one of those things. The media has been right to praise their drafting, as they have been objectively very very good in recent years.

Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, T Smith, Martin, Frederick, Lawrence, J Smith, LVE, Awuzie, B Jones, Woods. They just got Ceedee Lamb and Trevon Diggs. Were proactive in getting La'el Collins as a udfa.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

Tue May 19, 2020 12:53 pm
  • Some good players there for sure. Like most, I just have grown very tired of the Cowboys worship.
    And what have they really done with that talent? Underachieved imo. But again, that's a solid list of players.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm
  • There’s a difference between assembling a bunch of talented individual players and assembling a good team. The Cowboys suck at assembling good teams.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm
  • Great story Bro. You make it up yourself? :snack:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue May 19, 2020 2:35 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Power Rankings are voted on by multiple ESPN 'experts'. What you're referring to is an offseason ranking only, written and ranked by only Bill Barnwell. Don't read into it, and lay off the hyperbole.

Here is the link, because OP didn't post it, since it wouldn't fit his narrative:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... l-32-teams

The first paragraph of what Barnwell wrote:

With the NFL universe on pause, now seems like a good time to continue our big-picture look into how each organization did during the player-acquisition period of the offseason. I'm going to run through all 32 teams and rank the work they did from worst to first.

Just to support: NOT A RANKING OF PERCEIVED PERFORMANCE IN 2020. JUST A RANKING OF PERCEIVED PLAYER ACQUISITIONS THIS OFFSEASON.

OP, if you're not going to even read the first paragraph of an article which explains what the material below it is, you might as well just put the names of all the NFL teams into a random order generator and just get excited or enraged every time you hit the "randomize" button depending on where they land at.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 4:01 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Let me guess who had the best offseason? Jerry Jones? The genius owner whose team won’t even win the NFC Least, let alone sniff a Super Bowl.

Yep, the perennial 8-8, 9-7 team that’s misses the playoffs every other year but is always given an “A” for every draft.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm
  • KinesProf wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....

Can knock the Cowboys for a lot of things, drafting probably isn't one of those things. The media has been right to praise their drafting, as they have been objectively very very good in recent years.

Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, T Smith, Martin, Frederick, Lawrence, J Smith, LVE, Awuzie, B Jones, Woods. They just got Ceedee Lamb and Trevon Diggs. Were proactive in getting La'el Collins as a udfa.

And they haven’t won a super bowl since 1995 or 1996. Their talent level is over rated big time.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm
  • it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 4:56 pm
  • xray wrote:it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .

It's not a power ranking.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 5:07 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    xray wrote:it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .

Are you really this dense? It's not a power ranking.

Obviously trying to be positive sucks ...moving on...
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue May 19, 2020 5:19 pm
  • xray wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    xray wrote:it's apparent that main stream sports/entertainment are rooting for the Hawks to fail again. The Hawks will be better on D this year even without Clowney. The OL is going to be brand knew it looks like ;but the overall offense looks sound . If the D improves just a little the Hawks can take another shot at the division title . 26th...that's BS .

Are you really this dense? It's not a power ranking.

Obviously trying to be positive sucks ...moving on...

I AM positive. You're spinning this article as though it were a power ranking. It's not, it says such IN THE ARTICLE, which I suspect you didn't read fully in your rush to be offended by it.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 am
  • Makes no difference to me. The Hawks could literally be the 26th ranking and end up in the Super Bowl or just making a run at it.

Never appreciated any of that. I just love it when the team does what they were told they cannot do.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed May 20, 2020 11:22 am
  • Reading comprehension guys hahaha. They ranked us 26th place in free agency/draft this year, which is a perfect ranking imo. Our defensive line has not improved on paper after finishing 31st last year in the league, and that's not good.
    beastalamode
    NET Practice Squad

Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 pm
  • https://youtu.be/5J4e0HoIu_U

Sometimes these write ups remind me of these old nfl network commercials. These are fantastic by the way...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed May 20, 2020 12:49 pm
  • 26th worst. That coincides with our defense last year. Since we have done almost nothing other than rookies so far it's pretty spot on.

We are worse on paper than last year on D. Paper is paper though and the one aspect they DID improve was depth on BOTH sides of the ball.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed May 20, 2020 3:48 pm
  • The Seahawks Over/Under win total at Pinnacle is currently:
    Over 9.5 wins -101
    Under 9.5 wins -118

There are only 7 teams quoted by that outlet who are expected to win more games or who are a shorter price, (more likely), at Over 9.5 wins. Unfortunately 5 of those teams are in the NFC.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Wed May 20, 2020 10:10 pm
  • 26th is reasonable as far as the offseason goes. Our offseason quite frankly has been god awful. We've gotten worse on offensive line with the departure of Britt, and we didn't do much about or defensive line, in fact we got worse overall here. Our secondary moves were also thwarted by extra-curricular activity. We also did not address our RB issue. Penny could be gone for most of the season, and Carson himself is coming off of injury and has yet to stay healthy for an entire season. Homer, and Dallas are both change of pace backs, and in Dallas's case he is extremely raw. We're screwed if Carson gets injured.

Irvin was a nice addition but he is a downgrade from Clowney. Irvin is also more of a role player pass rusher, he really is a one trick pony as pass rusher. He can also play LB so there is that.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed May 20, 2020 10:41 pm
  • Winner of the off-season is often the loser of the real thing. Just ask the Dream Team Eagles.
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 am
  • I don't know why anyone is surprised at a pow "off season" ranking. It's not like most of us have been overly impressed.
    We still aren't sure about the pass rush. We don't know if we have upgraded or downgraded the OL. We don't know if the dunbar thing will blow over or turn into a long suspension and jail time.

Lots of question marks for sure. That being said, I trust Wilson to keep the offence competitive and Carroll to keep his guys motivated and that's really what has sustained this team over the last 5 years despite numerous "questionable" offseasons.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 am
  • What have the Seahawks done this off season that should put them better than 26th for their offseason moves? Seems fair to me.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information