Wilson Ranked 33rd Player of the Decade by PFF

HawkGA

Reaction score
Colin comes to Russel's defense. But be sure to listen. There's a ding in there that will make you howl.

[youtube]6UyamqYuL78[/youtube]

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Skip ahead to about 8:25 to hear the dig.

There is several minutes at the beginning talk about a different topic, too, that you probably want to skip.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nobody, but NOBODY can argue the FOLLY of Russell Wilson being TOTALLY DISRESPECTED.....I mean Thirty freaking THIRD??????..That is totally asinine fellow Hawk Fans!! ASININE!!!!
Sherman & Thomas >AHEAD< of Russell Wilson....Jezuz Kriste!!

slateman77

Reaction score
Yeah...I don't know which is more amusing...Wilson being 33rd or the quip about Earl and his brother.. :177692:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I wonder if we realise (myself included) how dang lucky we are to have Russell Wilson as our quarterback?

He plays at such a high level, doesnt show frustration at the crappy game plans or bad
Offensive line play. He gets sacked 5 times in
a game and in the post game interview he compliments the line.

He always shows passion, class and gives everything to win .

I am going to make a concerted effort to remember to savor his time with Seattle .

Sincerely,

Russell's mother

cjamesg

Reaction score
Let the media underestimate him. In the scheme of things, the only thing that really matters is his ability to consistently win. Wilson is easily a top 10 player of the decade and arguably a top 3.

Rat

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-de ... yers-2010s

I’m not sure why the mods don’t require links, but here’s one to the rankings.

I think he’s just a little lower than expected because he didn’t play the whole decade. Every QB listed ahead of him has been long established. IIRC, PFF has been consistently extremely complimentary towards Russ. Wasn’t he their MVP pick last season?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Some of these guys stopped playing in only 5 years into the decade, they all need to be moved lower down the list.

Revis and Willis are living off of the names they made the decade prior.

Other than that, since the list is attempting to cover for all 22 positions on the field for all 32 teams. So 33rd out of 702 is not that bad.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Cool to see Angry Doug make the list at #77. Pedestrian List!

Seymour

Reaction score
PFF has their head up their ass on this one. :pukeface: :179422:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
They ranked Wilson 33rd out of what (I'm estimating from career turnover rates) 3,000+ NFL players who were on NFL rosters over that period? Seems like he's getting some credit.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If you were starting a team from scratch, and you the entire pool of 3,000+ players to chose from, would you wait to pick Russ until 33? In other words, would he be the first pick of the 2nd round for some team that skipped him in the first round?

I can't think of 15 players I'd take over Russ in the last 10 years.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2kr87h73 said:
If you were starting a team from scratch, and you the entire pool of 3,000+ players to chose from, would you wait to pick Russ until 33? In other words, would he be the first pick of the 2nd round for some team that skipped him in the first round?

I can't think of 15 players I'd take over Russ in the last 10 years.

I can't think of one.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The problem with asking if you would have taken anybody else over Wilson is you lose a top QB to get them. And without at least a decent QB you can't win. So then I guess you'd have to say all the QBs have to be at the top of the list.

I wouldn't take Ryan or Rodgers. I wouldn't take Manning from his Denver years, which this covers. Ryan is definitely not better than Wilson. I'd be happy to have Rodgers if I didn't have Wilson over that period, but not so much that I want to trade out Wilson. I don't think Brady would dell will with Carroll, so I wouldn't take him. Brees though? You at least have to consider that.

But if there was at least a decent quarterback in the pocket if no Wilson? Donald, Sherman, Gronk, Miller, Watt, Mathis, Calvin Johnson, Peters, Thomas, Whitworth, Yanda, Staley, and Lynch? Those are pretty hard to turn down.

If this is just going to be a "QBs are obviously more important, so all good QBs at the top", we're probably like 10 QBs deep before we get to Donald and on performance in that period of time Wilson should be higher than Ryan and Manning and right at the same ranking as Rodgers. So then Wilson ends up being 3rd or 4th. But that's not what PFF is doing here.

What's really cool about this list is to see how lucky we have been in recent years with great players. Sometimes it's easy to forget but how many other fans are going to look at this list and have an equivalent? Look at this:

4. Sherman
20. Thomas
29. Lynch
33. Wilson
39. Wagner
55. Chancellor
58. Brown
74. Bennett
77. Baldwin

Unless I missed someone, that's 8 dudes that are/were solidly Seahawks. That's how they'll be remembered. That's a disproportionate amount of awesome on one team.

rcaido

Reaction score
What about Luke Kuechly ranked #10 and Bobby Wagner #39. They been pretty much on par with each other..They both got drafted same year. Bobby has been better then him 4 seasons straight. Throw in more playoff games & superbowl.

AlciG

Reaction score
rcaido":3h8sjmnw said:
What about Luke Kuechly ranked #10 and Bobby Wagner #39. They been pretty much on par with each other..They both got drafted same year. Bobby has been better then him 4 seasons straight. Throw in more playoff games & superbowl.

Yeah... that one also had me going :187734: