Josh Gordon

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I think he's a damn good receiver. And he makes it look easy. Really hoping he ends up back in Seattle.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Would welcome him back with open arms. Made some clutch catches for us, could have been the straw that put us over the hump against Green Bay if we had him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I hope this happens soon.

A healthy and motivated Gordon would significantly upgrade the WR corps.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bjd2urm said:
I may be in the minority, but I think he's a damn good receiver. And he makes it look easy. Really hoping he ends up back in Seattle.

I don't think you are in the minority, our offense looked alive when he was playing.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
He was pretty clutch for us. His catch against Carolina (ended up being his last of the season) was just incredible - maximized the degree of difficulty. I just wish they would use his downfield ability more, he was kind of just a possession guy for us. But one thing he does do is absorb coverages, which opens up Lockett and Metcalf.

The problem with Josh is that every time he is given another chance, he goons it. It seems like he will always revert back to his bad habits. Yes, I am aware the league changed the marijuana policy (which has been his primary bugaboo), but he strikes me as a guy who will always find his way into trouble.

It's a tough scenario for a team.

But, is talent is undeniable. I'd feel much better about our WR group with him in the mix.

Rat

Reaction score
Hope he does, but I’ll only take him back if he signs dirt cheap. As someone with addiction issues of my own, I sympathize strongly with him, but he’s too unreliable to invest anything significant in. Thankfully, we have a quality WR core, so signing and losing him again likely wouldn’t be a killer.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He just seems to run perfect routes, rarely drops the ball, and clearly can make the clutch catch. Add Gordon to DK and Lockett, plus Dis, Olsen and Hollister? Hell yes.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I like Gordon and think he is a weapon Russ trusts.

Lockett
DK
Gordon
Dorsett

This is a very strong 4 WR group.

Moore, Ursua, and Swain in a tight competition for #5. Also there are still rumors about Antonio Brown to Seattle.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Although I'm excited to see what Dorsett can do Gordon is probably better. Maybe even better than lockett if good to go. I just dont think he can stay clean and not talking about the weed

Rat

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2g7dt96d said:
Although I'm excited to see what Dorsett can do Gordon is probably better. Maybe even better than lockett if good to go.
That’s a heck of an overstatement. 2013 was a long ass time ago.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":yyxduzh9 said:
I like Gordon and think he is a weapon Russ trusts.

Lockett
DK
Gordon
Dorsett

This is a very strong 4 WR group.

Moore, Ursua, and Swain in a tight competition for #5. Also there are still rumors about Antonio Brown to Seattle.

Just say NO! on AB. This player is a head case and would quickly become a distraction.

I agree with the sentiments here and above expressed that Gordon who'd be a positive addition back to the O would need to be on restricted contract and a short leash as he's been less than dependable previously.

sutz

Reaction score
Obvious talent, but remember it wasn't just weed he got busted for this time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We need this guy.. the rewards of having him greatly outweigh the chance, he flames out, if he does.. Hawks are no better than when we don''t have him.. the guy is a 3rd down beast.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect Josh Gordon is getting very close to his very last chance in the NFL.

We don't know whether he was suspended for PEDs or just the presence of a masking agent with the last suspension. I suspect it might be the later rather than PEDs but we don't know. Given his repeated failures of the drug policy for weed he'll get another chance, and that's good as he is a talented player. However, he'd be wise not to test the league's resolve with further breaches of the drug policy.

The team might want some particular language in any deal with him to protect themselves. He needs to prove his reliability before any significant contract is offered to him. Re-signing him would be a huge positive for the WR depth if he's cheap.