PFT: Wilson really wants Antonio Brown on the Seahawks

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Although Josh Gordon may be cleared to return before Antonio Brown, it’s Brown and not Gordon who has captured the attention of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

According to John Clayton of 710 ESPN in Seattle, Wilson wants Brown to join the team.

The Seahawks’ receiving corps includes DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. Philip Dorsett arrived as a free agent this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-seattle/

Rat

Reaction score
Sign both Brown and Gordon. If only one makes it through the season, their combined salary would still look like a steal.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Wilson must think he can transfer some of his "power of positive thinking" to Brown.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well they are buddies... and work out together.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":ovz71a07 said:

Working out together and playing a game with emotions exposed are not the same. That's where Brown seems to have his issues, the how much he gets the ball or why he wasn't a primary receiver etc.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2m5984uw said:

I wonder if they ever talk about rape.

This is a horrible idea . id rather have Percy Harvin after a 2 week long meth bender. Brown
Was kicked off of 3 teams in 1 year.

I see a pattern

chris98251

Reaction score
morgulon1":2bik5v3v said:
Bobblehead":2bik5v3v said:

This is a horrible idea . id rather have Percy Harvin after a 2 week long meth bender. Brown

I see a pattern

If Darth Belichek couldn't make it work then nobody can.

morgulon1

Reaction score
chris98251":1xtsk4ss said:
morgulon1":1xtsk4ss said:
Bobblehead":1xtsk4ss said:

I wonder if they ever talk about r@p*.

I see a pattern

If Darth Belichek couldn't make it work then nobody can.

Agree 100%

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is little doubt that AB is a hugely talented WR, but he brings with him never ending drama and an inability to put his team before himself. He’d never fit the team’s culture, and although very talented would bring more problems than benefits.

Even now after being trouble in Pittsburgh, then Oakland, and having his character exposed personally in NE towards women, he still doesn’t get it as was revealed by his apparently needed but undesired posse brought with him to his tryout with New Orleans. He doesn’t get it and is just another huge ego that has shown can’t be managed.

I understand why Wilson wants him here, AB is a talent; but building a team involves more than gathering together a group of talented players and one guy hugely talented but character flawed can be a “me, me, me” cancer that hurts the whole team. The Seahawks don‘t need the drama.

This is all just my opinion but I doubt that AB will ever be a Seahawks player. In the end the team would only be able to keep him around for a very short time as they’d never fit his 2nd contract into their cap.

To me a healthy but sober Gordon, who may not actually exist, showed he could bring something in limited minutes last season is a better choice.

xray

Reaction score
This would be Percy Harvin 2.0 ...no thanks !

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah Russ needs to let this one go and focus on the receivers he currently has.

Make DK the next Moss. Make Lockett the next AB.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The thing is, you have to respect Wilson's opinions on things, he hasn't showed anyone he's a flake with bad judgment and if for some reason, he thinks Brown can work here, you gotta figure that he knows something about the guy and that maybe he could be good for the team. I'm impartial to this and don't care one way or another about Brown, though I 've thought he's been quite a flake through the last several seasons, but damn if Wilson see's something in him..

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Dude is not right in his head. Until he gets the help he needs and gets on track long term he's going to be a time bomb for whoever picks him up.

I don't know if he has a serious mental illness and/or substance abuse problem. But this is far beyond just having a bad attitude. Hopefully for his sake, he gets the help he needs and can get his life together and stay there. That dude needs help and too many people who followed the NFL seemed to get some tabloid-esque entertainment out of him. He's a real person and so is the other people he deals with, some of whom it appears that he was hurting along the way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":3mzs0efl said:
Bobblehead":3mzs0efl said:

I see a pattern
Lmao..I agree :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
Be careful Russ. You just might get what you asked for!! :177692:

The risk outweighs the reward and we don't need any more "me guys" back stirring up crap!

Hard pass.......and right in the balz if we get him. :pukeface:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Is Russell Wilson going to give up some of his money to sign him? There's no way AB signs with any team for less than $15M. He signed for 2 years, $30M with the Pats last year. Since the Raiders and Pats were paying him, he probably would have come in for the minimum last season. I don't believe that is the case this season. I think those teams don't owe him anything more so he will be pricey.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1bxvyg7t said:
Is Russell Wilson going to give up some of his money to sign him? There's no way AB signs with any team for less than $15M. He signed for 2 years, $30M with the Pats last year. Since the Raiders and Pats were paying him, he probably would have come in for the minimum last season. I don't believe that is the case this season. I think those teams don't owe him anything more so he will be pricey.

Wait, I heard both the Raiders and the Pats refused to pay him (beyond the one game check that he played for the Pats). It's being hashed out in court last I heard.

Mizak

Reaction score
So a majority of you guys are disagreeing with Russell Wilson on this?

chet380

Reaction score
If the hawks signed AB, they would be doing him a big favor -- until now the Commissioner has not been compelled to act so if the Hawkls signed him, 'the suspension clock' would start to run ... a 'win-win'' for the Hawks: the possibility of a Top-5 WR at a bargain price and if it doesn't work out, they will have shown RW that they are making the effort.