Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peters worth signing

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Peters worth signing
Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 am
  • Is he worth signing a one year deal with options? Does he have enough in him to help our line. He is a near HOF lineman and I think we could use more help.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Re: Peters worth signing
Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 am
  • How old is he?I'm sure he can block better than at least 9/18 OL we have lol.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 11:02 am
  • Pass. Could he make the team, yeah maybe. But we need to see how Shell fits with Solari first before adding his replacement. I see Shell as a better pass blocker, but not as good a run blocker compared to Ifedi. For Russ, that's a good thing. Peter's best days are behind him.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am
  • I’d be happy with that.

I mean, I’d prefer to use our remaining cap space on bolstering the pass rush, but if Pete and John are set on going with what we have (big mistake), Peters would be a fine signing. Even at his age, he’d be a considerable upgrade from Shell. Any chance to further protect our biggest investment should be considered.

Plus, it’d be nice to have a player on the team who is actually older than me (barely).
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 am
  • Pass for me. It's not the best situation for him or Seattle. Peters on the right side is an unknown - he's been a left tackle for like 15 years. He needs to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play at left tackle.

Doesn't make sense to shell out money for a likely one year rental at a spot with an established starter.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Pass for me. It's not the best situation for him or Seattle. Peters on the right side is an unknown - he's been a left tackle for like 15 years. He needs to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play at left tackle.

Doesn't make sense to shell out money for a likely one year rental at a spot with an established starter.

Ditto. If they are going to sign another OL, it should be Warford. As he is a guard but that doesn't make sense since they have a lot of those already.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 pm
  • Shell was a starter for the Jets?
    So the Jets dumped him for Ifedi, then drafted someone to replace Ifedi.
    Can Shell move well with a log on his shoulder?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sat May 23, 2020 3:58 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Shell was a starter for the Jets?
    So the Jets dumped him for Ifedi, then drafted someone to replace Ifedi.
    Can Shell move well with a log on his shoulder?

Ifedi signed with the Bears not the Jets. George Fant signed with the Jets.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Pass for me. It's not the best situation for him or Seattle. Peters on the right side is an unknown - he's been a left tackle for like 15 years. He needs to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play at left tackle.

I’m not an expert on OL intricacies, but would it really matter in this case? I know plenty of players are strictly RTs because they don’t have the agility or whatever to handle the better speed rushers, but I feel like anyone who could handle the left would also be fine on the right. Peters would probably need to reset a lot of muscle memory with his footwork, but I think he’s experienced enough to handle it. I suppose whether he’d want to could be a different story. He already has a ring.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 pm
  • Would be the 2nd best lineman on our team of course.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information