Peters worth signing

zchurch74

Reaction score
Is he worth signing a one year deal with options? Does he have enough in him to help our line. He is a near HOF lineman and I think we could use more help.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How old is he?I'm sure he can block better than at least 9/18 OL we have lol.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pass. Could he make the team, yeah maybe. But we need to see how Shell fits with Solari first before adding his replacement. I see Shell as a better pass blocker, but not as good a run blocker compared to Ifedi. For Russ, that's a good thing. Peter's best days are behind him.

Rat

Reaction score
I’d be happy with that.

I mean, I’d prefer to use our remaining cap space on bolstering the pass rush, but if Pete and John are set on going with what we have (big mistake), Peters would be a fine signing. Even at his age, he’d be a considerable upgrade from Shell. Any chance to further protect our biggest investment should be considered.

Plus, it’d be nice to have a player on the team who is actually older than me (barely).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pass for me. It's not the best situation for him or Seattle. Peters on the right side is an unknown - he's been a left tackle for like 15 years. He needs to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play at left tackle.

Doesn't make sense to shell out money for a likely one year rental at a spot with an established starter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3lf3vjun said:
Pass for me. It's not the best situation for him or Seattle. Peters on the right side is an unknown - he's been a left tackle for like 15 years. He needs to go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play at left tackle.

Doesn't make sense to shell out money for a likely one year rental at a spot with an established starter.

Ditto. If they are going to sign another OL, it should be Warford. As he is a guard but that doesn't make sense since they have a lot of those already.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Appyhawk":dpr3scuj said:
Shell was a starter for the Jets?
So the Jets dumped him for Ifedi, then drafted someone to replace Ifedi.
Can Shell move well with a log on his shoulder?

Ifedi signed with the Bears not the Jets. George Fant signed with the Jets.

Rat

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3502xp9h said:

I’m not an expert on OL intricacies, but would it really matter in this case? I know plenty of players are strictly RTs because they don’t have the agility or whatever to handle the better speed rushers, but I feel like anyone who could handle the left would also be fine on the right. Peters would probably need to reset a lot of muscle memory with his footwork, but I think he’s experienced enough to handle it. I suppose whether he’d want to could be a different story. He already has a ring.