Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marquise Blair working out with Kam Chancellor.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Good one Kitsap. Hope, virus or not, some Kam rubs off on Blair. We'd have something!
    Last edited by Appyhawk on Thu May 28, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• This is cool on many levels, but also shows that Kam is still all in and whats to help guys, looks like a technique type drill, Kam was much of the Brains as well as Brawn in our secondary, hope we had others there to learn from him also.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Coach Kam.....Has a nice ring to it, eh? :twisted: :2thumbs: :stirthepot:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• great stuff...hope Kam doesn't bruise the kid up too bad . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

• This is what I was hoping to see as soon as the Seahawks drafted Blair. This makes me so happy!
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran

• Would be hard to find a better mentor for the kid. :2thumbs:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• scutterhawk wrote:Coach Kam.....Has a nice ring to it, eh? :twisted: :2thumbs: :stirthepot:

Heh. Scutter your post made me think we need Seahawk SuperBowl ring emoji. That would be cool, huh?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I wonder if he can help Blair to add about 3" and 15 lbs to his frame?
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

• Dude still hits hard for his size. He made some mental mistakes last year but, given his play time/experience, showed he has a high ceiling.

Would love to see more of him in the future.

Cool that Kam is working with him!
    Elemas
    NET Starter

• Appyhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Coach Kam.....Has a nice ring to it, eh? :twisted: :2thumbs: :stirthepot:

Heh. Scutter your post made me think we need Seahawk SuperBowl ring emoji. That would be cool, huh?

Oh he!! yeah!! :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• If Blair shows improvement, it may necessitate a move to dump Bradley McDougald. This will free money up cap wise.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:If Blair shows improvement, it may necessitate a move to dump Bradley McDougald. This will free money up cap wise.

Not this year.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sutz wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:If Blair shows improvement, it may necessitate a move to dump Bradley McDougald. This will free money up cap wise.

Not this year.

Thanks Sutz. You're correct. I misread that there would be no dead money in dumping McDougald this year. They would have about $1.3M in dead cap according to Sportrac.
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/bradley-mcdougald-12835/
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:If Blair shows improvement, it may necessitate a move to dump Bradley McDougald. This will free money up cap wise.

Not this year.

Thanks Sutz. You're correct. I misread that there would be no dead money in dumping McDougald this year. They would have about $1.3M in dead cap according to Sportrac.

The $1.333M cap hit from Bradley McDougald's signing bonus will count against the Seahawks cap total for 2020 regardless of whether he makes the roster or not. His salary and roster bonuses are not guaranteed so keeping him will be a $4.1M decision in August.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    sutz wrote:

Not this year.

Wasn't worried about salary cap. Was thinking that it is too soon to put it all on Blair and we should keep MacD on the roster from a talent perspective.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• " we should keep MacD on the roster from a talent perspective."
    I believe you are right on that score, Sutz.
    But McDougald isn't getting any younger, or cheaper, and Blair keeps getting better and gaining experience, so at some time there comes a tipping point where the advantage rests in Blair's corner.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• This makes me so glad we at least have Quandre Diggs.

Diggs/Griffin (Shaquill) was the most consistent player on defense last year.

The secondary would be god awful without Diggs and Griffin.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I agree that we need to keep McD for a minute. We need to have depth in the secondary especially now that Dunbar might not be with us or at least for a few games.
    nrayorr
    NET Starter

• If Kam can get Blair anywhere near his level of performance it's a major win for the Hawks. A 2nd round pick should be able to beat out McDougald this season. Perhaps not at the start but definitely by the end of the regular season.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I think Blair can be a nice player but Kam working out with him signifies nothing to me. Greatness doesn’t occur by osmosis in sports. Or if it does, very rarely. The truly great players are almost never as impactful as coaches or workout partners or whatever.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• hawk45 wrote:I think Blair can be a nice player but Kam working out with him signifies nothing to me. Greatness doesn’t occur by osmosis in sports. Or if it does, very rarely. The truly great players are almost never as impactful as coaches or workout partners or whatever.

Well it may signify that Kam sees something in Blair that he can work with to make him a better SS for our team. It certainly can't hurt. I would much rather see Kam and Blair make the effort than just say what the f#$k, lets just ditch this and have a beer.
    Last edited by kf3339 on Sun May 31, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• kf3339 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:I think Blair can be a nice player but Kam working out with him signifies nothing to me. Greatness doesn’t occur by osmosis in sports. Or if it does, very rarely. The truly great players are almost never as impactful as coaches or workout partners or whatever.

Well it may signify that Kam sees something in Blair that he can work with to make him a better SS for our team. It certainly can't hurt. I would much rather see Kam and Blair make the effort that just what the f#$k lets just ditch this and have a beer.

I’m of the belief that Kam made everyone in the LOB better. His leadership and play was the glue that held them together. I have no doubt that he can teach Blair.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:I think Blair can be a nice player but Kam working out with him signifies nothing to me. Greatness doesn’t occur by osmosis in sports. Or if it does, very rarely. The truly great players are almost never as impactful as coaches or workout partners or whatever.

Well it may signify that Kam sees something in Blair that he can work with to make him a better SS for our team. It certainly can't hurt. I would much rather see Kam and Blair make the effort that just what the f#$k lets just ditch this and have a beer.

I’m of the belief that Kam made everyone in the LOB better. His leadership and play was the glue that held them together. I have no doubt that he can teach Blair.

I agree. Any experience that Blair can learn from Chancellor, I'm all for it. Whether it be angles, reading the O better, laying the pipe, etc. If I had my way, I'd tell Blair to be like a leech to Kam's experience and guidance. This can only HELP him.
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information