Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Fans? No Football.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
No Fans? No Football.
Mon May 25, 2020 5:49 pm
  • I can't stop thinking about this.

If the NFL wants to proceed with the 2020 season even if it means no fans in the stands, I have to say...

NOPE.

As much as I want Seattle Seahawks football this Fall, if it means without fans, no thanks. There is no other professional sport that needs the energy of the fans in the stands other than the NFL to me. Baseball? Meh. Sure, go ahead. It wouldn't be that different without fans. But imagine the Seahawks playing a critical division game against the Rams or 49ers in late December...

To an empty stadium.

Puh-leeeeeeze.

It would be like watching practice every week, even knowing the games counted. How surreal. How, um, yuck.

So here I am. A season ticket holder since 1997 saying, if the solution is playing games to empty stadiums this Fall then forget it. I'll wait it out until 2021 thank you very much.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: No Fans? No Football.
Mon May 25, 2020 6:12 pm
  • Aros wrote:I can't stop thinking about this.

If the NFL wants to proceed with the 2020 season even if it means no fans in the stands, I have to say...

NOPE.

As much as I want Seattle Seahawks football this Fall, if it means without fans, no thanks. There is no other professional sport that needs the energy of the fans in the stands other than the NFL to me. Baseball? Meh. Sure, go ahead. It wouldn't be that different without fans. But imagine the Seahawks playing a critical division game against the Rams or 49ers in late December...

To an empty stadium.

Puh-leeeeeeze.

It would be like watching practice every week, even knowing the games counted. How surreal. How, um, yuck.

So here I am. A season ticket holder since 1997 saying, if the solution is playing games to empty stadiums this Fall then forget it. I'll wait it out until 2021 thank you very much.

I Respectfully disagree. I get the fans are a HUGE HF advantage here in Seattle but.....
    We need football IMHO.

I think it will start with no fans but will be they will eventually be back bit by bit this season as it rolls along.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 pm
  • I totally get the opposition to my position. ANY sports sounds d@mn good right now.

But I remain steadfast in my position. Without fans it's just silly to me. If I want to watch scrimmage-looking football (even if it's not) I can watch training camp footage. And that's all it will look without fans. I don't care if the effort is there, it just won't be the same.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon May 25, 2020 6:52 pm
  • I think right now, we need all the entertainment and distractions we can get. If no fans is the cost of an NFL season, I say do it.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2020 7:04 pm
  • A huge majority of Seahawk fans rarely, if ever, get to attend a game at Link during the entire season. But that fact in no way means they are lesser fans. Watching the games on TV is the only option for all but the relatively few who have the advantage of being able to attend. If you could capture the sound of all those yelling and screaming in the privacy of their home every play it would...shake the earth!
    There may be football without fans in the stadium, but there will be no football without fans.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon May 25, 2020 7:07 pm
  • Well Aros, if the season happens, there are several outcomes.

1 The stadiums capacity will be reduced to perhaps 15K fans, at least 6 feet apart. :P

2 Die hard fans forced out of lower bowl seats will pony up serious coin to move up a level. :mrgreen:

3 Concession lines will become longer, but with fewer people in line. Same for restrooms. :shock:

4 Die hards simply say screw it, i am going. I might wear a mask, or not. Hawk football is more important than the chance of exposure. :irishdrinkers:

5 The NFL money machine takes over, fills stadiums to capacity, reason being, if a current ticketed fan gets sick, there are 3 ready to replace them. :sarcasm_on:

tongue in cheek post.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2020 7:44 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Aros wrote:I can't stop thinking about this.

NOPE.

To an empty stadium.

Puh-leeeeeeze.

I Respectfully disagree. I get the fans are a HUGE HF advantage here in Seattle but.....
    We need football IMHO.

I think it will start with no fans but will be they will eventually be back bit by bit this season as it rolls along.

I'm with Sports Hernia on this one. Yes it would be different to season ticket holders. But to the rest of us, it would be like watching every game at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. No HFA for anyone, but that also helps on the road. Football is still football, whether the players get a boost from the crowd's energy or not. I'm suffering as is waiting for football. Your imaginary critical division game is not enough reason for me to wait another year.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:A huge majority of Seahawk fans rarely, if ever, get to attend a game at Link during the entire season. But that fact in no way means they are lesser fans. Watching the games on TV is the only option for all but the relatively few who have the advantage of being able to attend. If you could capture the sound of all those yelling and screaming in the privacy of their home every play it would...shake the earth!
    There may be football without fans in the stadium, but there will be no football without fans.

Yeah.. this is the key here.

NFL isn't local anymore.

I get the sentiment of fans who go and how they enjoy that experience. But for most football fans, it's a televised event.

Watching soccer, an experience devised to appeal directly to the match going audience, without fans... is weird.

But the game plays and it's still good entertainment.

NFL will be fine... for awhile... without fans.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 25, 2020 9:02 pm
  • You both are right. We need football and we need fans. Therefore we will have both.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2020 9:06 pm
  • Aros wrote:There is no other professional sport that needs the energy of the fans in the stands other than the NFL to me. Baseball? Meh. Sure, go ahead. It wouldn't be that different without fans. But imagine the Seahawks playing a critical division game against the Rams or 49ers in late December....

The NBA is in the same boat. Late season and playoff games without fans is unthinkable. And the fans are right up on the court. Even the nosebleeds aren't that far away. I actually like going to NBA games better than NFL games at this point because unless you're really willing to pay serious cash to sit close at a game, it's actually better on TV.

Baseball? It's boring. I realized after many years the point was to just go hang out and get drunk and eat some crap. It's not a "thinking man's game" any more than any other sport (watching formations and calls at an NFL game and then the breakneck execution is way more mentally stimulating). Baseball without fans isn't that weird because almost all game, every game, the fans are just chilling in the stands, often just clapping and many just not paying attention.

But even without fans I think the challenge to having games even with just players and staff are insurmountable. We still have no treatment for the disease, much less a vaccine. There are enormous staffs that have to functions in addition to the players, and they aren't all lower risk profiles.

It all boils down to the following:

1) What happens when players or staff start testing positive? Do they go on the injury list for weeks? What if it spreads in a single team? Do they have massive injury lists due to exposure? Can teams function when many staff members were exposed and now have to sit at home?

2) What happens if a player or staff member falls seriously ill and is permanently medically damaged or dies? Where I work we've lost some effectiveness, but we're lucky in that we can continue to operate remotely in a reasonable capacity. We're starting to try to phase some people back into the buildings for critical functions. But if someone just decided that everyone should just go back, and I didn't oppose that decision (I'm responsible for a good number of the people), and someone dies or has long-term injuries because of it, I'd have a hard time living with that.

Until we get a serious medical breakthrough on the treatment front, I'm just not seeing things going well. They might even try to start it up with no fans. But even in Germany, where they've had amazing contact tracing and containment, they recently started up their soccer league again. And they have a single team with multiple cases. We're not on Germany's level, and we think 32 teams from across the country are going to just operate? Even if we sequester all 32 teams in a secure facility for 17 weeks, it's a hard thing to do.

Once we hit March and it was clear where the world was headed with this, I've been very careful to be overly optimistic. I'm just not seeing any professional sports starting and keeping operating, even without fans, until there's a significant change in our ability to treat this disease.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Mon May 25, 2020 10:33 pm
  • The tv deals are where the cash is made. Fans are on the lowest end of importance to the NFL. There will be a season and some select fans may get to attend.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon May 25, 2020 11:54 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:A photo taken 102 years ago is as relevant as ever.

Fans at a Georgia Tech football game during 1918 pandemic. The photo was taken by graduate Thomas Carter.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/heal ... 04a12842cb

Now those were fans, pandemic, concrete seats and masks.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue May 26, 2020 4:06 am
  • Look at the bright side. There won't be people selling their tickets to fans of other teams, or the ridiculous scalping that goes on with tickets. No more $14 beers.

Not only that but the Clink has lost it's cloak of invincibility.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 26, 2020 6:33 am
  • Most watch from a recliner anyway . Somebody will come up with a crowd noise app too .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 am
  • Hey Seed, ( :lol:) #4..."4 Die hards simply say screw it, i am going. I might wear a mask, or not. Hawk football is more important than the chance of exposure."
    The "Die hards" part of that might not be so accurate considering "the chance of exposure".
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue May 26, 2020 8:12 am
  • There have been multiple tries at getting spring football to the masses. Most, other than arena football, have failed. The next NFL season might be the next foray into spring football. If, as the experts say, a vaccine is 12-18 months to fruition, that puts the likelihood of a vaccine clearly in the spring to summer of 2021. If the research on one started with the beginning of the virus, then we are definitely looking at something in the December to June range.

So if a vaccine is developed and produced by January or February we could potentially see the season kick off in March. If this scenario plays out, then what happens with the actual 2021 season if the “2020” season begins in the spring of 21 and doesn’t end until July? There is no way that they begin the next season in September a mere two months after the end of the previous season.

Maybe they cancel the 2020 season. Maybe they bump the start back a few months. Bumping it back a few months completely changes the model of what we know as football in the fall. I’ve heard talk that the NCAA is considering a February start.

The dominos would fall to change a whole lot of things. If the 2020 season is just canceled, and regardless of what the NCAA does, there will most likely be a draft sometime before the 2021 season. That means that each team essentially doubles their rookie pool entering the 2021 season. How does that look? Better quality depth? Less marginal veterans? What about guys in their prime? They have essentially lost a year of vital production. How after a year of inactivity, do teams really assess their teams and personnel? Teams change a lot from one year to the next.

If this plays out, then it may be years before we see the traditional football season being played in the Fall. I can see them incrementally starting the season earlier each year in order to finally get the beginning of the season back to September. No matter what happens, it’s going to be an interesting ride.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 10:07 am
  • I understand that thinking, but I really disagree and I'm sure you'll still watch.

I love football in any capacity; and what is happening in the crowd is always way, way, way down the list of things that I am paying attention to during a football game.

Think of some of the bonuses - amplified trash talk and chatter, and hits will be even louder. As viewers I think it could be the closest we'll ever feel to the game.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am
  • Erebus wrote:

Yes it would be different to season ticket holders. But to the rest of us, it would be like watching every game at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. No HFA for anyone, but that also helps on the road. Football is still football, whether the players get a boost from the crowd's energy or not. I'm suffering as is waiting for football. Your imaginary critical division game is not enough reason for me to wait another year.

And who's to say that this Pandemic is going to be gone by 2021?
    Sadly, the status quo is no more, We are merging into a brand new NORMALCY. :(
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am
  • I'd watch the Hawks, but Thursday night football between the Browns and Bengals? No way.

I think the crowd does add a certain je ne sais quoi to the game environment. The ambient noise, roars after big plays, sudden en masse exhale after a big hit, players exhorting the crowd to bring noise, opponents fighting the barrage of sound to call plays. It will all be missed as being integral to the game we love.

But I'll watch because in the end the competition and athleticism are what's most compelling in football. The importance of every play. The mix of grace and toughness. That's going to keep me engaged, at least to watch the Hawks and other big games.

I'm hoping they can overcome some hurdles to get a reasonable number of fans into stadiums. Probably 10K max. it's ingress and egress, washrooms and concessions that are the choke points and need to be managed safely.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 12:55 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Hey Seed, ( :lol:) #4..."4 Die hards simply say screw it, i am going. I might wear a mask, or not. Hawk football is more important than the chance of exposure."
    The "Die hards" part of that might not be so accurate considering "the chance of exposure".

I wondered if someone would catch my little play on words there. :2thumbs:
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm
  • There's a way that they can televise the event and make it watchable.

If they can have their little yellow first down line, then they (TV broadcasts) can have CGI fans in the stands to make it look full. Pipe in some crowd noise. It'll take some getting used to, but it'll make it watchable on TV.

They could always limit seating to 50% or whatever. It'll all work out.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 3:01 pm
  • NFL season will happen. I can't wait.

I think Fans will be allowed in October sometime.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 3:14 pm
  • I’m a Marlins fan, so I’m plenty used to watching games without fans.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue May 26, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Rat wrote:I’m a Marlins fan, so I’m plenty used to watching games without fans.

Ouch, Rat. Sad commentary, that.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 5:44 pm
  • I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I would be wondering about game refunds for each game I was not allowed to attend.
    Seahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue May 26, 2020 6:29 pm
  • Seahawk wrote:I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I would be wondering about game refunds for each game I was not allowed to attend.

I've been told repeatedly by the customer service folks that there will be refunds for games that are cancelled or that fans cannot attend.

From a different team, college, also American football, I was shown a diagram of a major stadium with six foot distancing. It had groups of fours and twos, with two or three empty rows -- he just scrolled it around on his phone, didn't want me looking at it super closely as it wasn't and isn't public -- and with multiple empty seats between groups.

He said the stadium capacity was roughly 20% of the full capacity with that diagram... and as he put it to me, "how do I tell the guy that's #1 on our list that he can go but the #2 guy has to wait until next week? or tell the guy with 50 yard seats that he only gets them for one game, and can go to one other but it'll have to be in the nosebleeds?"

If there are fans, and restricted capacity, it may make things complicated and really ugly. I could see teams just declaring that they aren't going to have fans period rather than deal with the BS. I could also see them doing a completely fresh round of ticketing starting with the folks with the highest priority, and have everyone pick seats again, or opt to not go, with no penalty... not sure how that would work with charter seats, but they'd figure it out.

I don't know if I want to go to a Seahawks game live (charter seat holder, haven't missed any regular season or playoff game since October 12 1998 the day after my wedding) if the building is 20% full and I have to worry about getting the virus besides. Simply spreading us out isn't going to necessarily lower the risk to zero, unlike staying home.

Sigh. I think the season ticket bill was over $15k -- we have eight seats split between three families -- and they've already got all our money at this point, I think. It's not a good situation, at all. The uncertainty is killing me.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 pm
  • The whole idea is perplexing. As an entire world population we have survived less stress or so called pandemics. Baseball, b ball and hockey need to get out there now. Football without a question will be back if people stop acting dumb.
    There is no reason to postpone.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:
    Seahawk wrote:I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I would be wondering about game refunds for each game I was not allowed to attend.

I've been told repeatedly by the customer service folks that there will be refunds for games that are cancelled or that fans cannot attend.

From a different team, college, also American football, I was shown a diagram of a major stadium with six foot distancing. It had groups of fours and twos, with two or three empty rows -- he just scrolled it around on his phone, didn't want me looking at it super closely as it wasn't and isn't public -- and with multiple empty seats between groups.

He said the stadium capacity was roughly 20% of the full capacity with that diagram... and as he put it to me, "how do I tell the guy that's #1 on our list that he can go but the #2 guy has to wait until next week? or tell the guy with 50 yard seats that he only gets them for one game, and can go to one other but it'll have to be in the nosebleeds?"

If there are fans, and restricted capacity, it may make things complicated and really ugly. I could see teams just declaring that they aren't going to have fans period rather than deal with the BS. I could also see them doing a completely fresh round of ticketing starting with the folks with the highest priority, and have everyone pick seats again, or opt to not go, with no penalty... not sure how that would work with charter seats, but they'd figure it out.

I don't know if I want to go to a Seahawks game live (charter seat holder, haven't missed any regular season or playoff game since October 12 1998 the day after my wedding) if the building is 20% full and I have to worry about getting the virus besides. Simply spreading us out isn't going to necessarily lower the risk to zero, unlike staying home.

Sigh. I think the season ticket bill was over $15k -- we have eight seats split between three families -- and they've already got all our money at this point, I think. It's not a good situation, at all. The uncertainty is killing me.

I have 4 seats and at this point I have very little desire to go. I just don't think the experience will be that enjoyable. We pay a lot of money and I don't want to pay that money for a lesser experience. I also don't want to deal with public transportation and the effort it's going to take getting in or out of the stadium. I think if they start asking the season ticket holders there will be quite a few like me who just don't want to deal with it this year. That might make there job of choosing who will be there easier. I'm fine with them rolling the money I've already paid over to next year.

That being said, I still want football and will be happy with whatever they come up with to make it happen this year.
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 7:37 pm
  • If it keeps people employed who wouldn't have been otherwise, you have to think about it.

Besides, even if it's "come one, come all" open season, 50% of the normal attendees will stay home of their own volition, out of fear, self-righteousness, or a genuine sense of duty. That'll alleviate the risk somewhat.

And if you're a Browns fan, there's nobody in the stadium anyway. :P
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue May 26, 2020 7:48 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:If it keeps people employed who wouldn't have been otherwise, you have to think about it.

Besides, even if it's "come one, come all" open season, 50% of the normal attendees will stay home of their own volition, out of fear, self-righteousness, or a genuine sense of duty. That'll alleviate the risk somewhat.

And if you're a Browns fan, there's nobody in the stadium anyway. :P

Or a Mariners fan after June...…………….
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 27, 2020 2:53 am
  • In an empty stadium, you'd be able to hear some of the players/coaches shouting instructions at each other, the smack talk between players, and the hits in their entirety. For football fans, it'd be a whole new look at the game.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 5:58 am
  • Masks sound like they will be the giveaway at games for the first couple of months. Doubtful it will be only the first 20000 fans though.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

Wed May 27, 2020 7:19 am
  • If a stadium's capacity is reduced from 50K to 8K and there are 50K who want to buy the 8K tickets no team is going to turn down the opportunity to sell 8K tickets. Even if they didn't want to sell tickets the CBA mandates teams to maximise revenues.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Wed May 27, 2020 7:47 am
  • xray wrote:Most watch from a recliner anyway . Somebody will come up with a crowd noise app too .

Along these same lines. What if each stadium was allowed to pump in artificial crowd noise, and the 49ers sound suspiciously similar to every other Sunday :D ?
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 11:09 am
  • jamescasey1124 wrote:The whole idea is perplexing. As an entire world population we have survived less stress or so called pandemics. Baseball, b ball and hockey need to get out there now. Football without a question will be back if people stop acting dumb.

The better part of a hundred million people died in World War II. The Great Chinese Famine killed tens of millions. The Khmer Rouge only killed 30 percent of their population through direct action and famine. Populations technically survived these things. I don't look at something that didn't wipe out half the population as a great metric.

We've had under 7,000 troop deaths deaths combined in Iraq in Afghanistan over the last two decades. RAND Corporations analysis is that we've committed 1.5 million troop years between those two places. Yet somehow, being deployed to either would have been considered dangerous enough to have systematic precautions to prevent deaths, even for a bunch of POGs on a FOB.

What's your number of acceptable fatalities so that we can just pack in the stadiums for our entertainment?
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:If it keeps people employed who wouldn't have been otherwise, you have to think about it.

That's the hard part of this for me that relates to the sports world. It's not the end of the world for me if there are not sports. Life is better with them.

But the people whose lives depend on them for income? That's where my concerns lie, and it's indicative of what's going on all over the place in different industries. I'm not to worried about the owners, most of the players, or most of the higher paid team staffs. Who really gets hurt is the enormous economy and related jobs of regular people.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 2:13 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:The whole idea is perplexing. As an entire world population we have survived less stress or so called pandemics. Baseball, b ball and hockey need to get out there now. Football without a question will be back if people stop acting dumb.

The better part of a hundred million people died in World War II. The Great Chinese Famine killed tens of millions. The Khmer Rouge only killed 30 percent of their population through direct action and famine. Populations technically survived these things. I don't look at something that didn't wipe out half the population as a great metric.

We've had under 7,000 troop deaths deaths combined in Iraq in Afghanistan over the last two decades. RAND Corporations analysis is that we've committed 1.5 million troop years between those two places. Yet somehow, being deployed to either would have been considered dangerous enough to have systematic precautions to prevent deaths, even for a bunch of POGs on a FOB.

What's your number of acceptable fatalities so that we can just pack in the stadiums for our entertainment?

I dont know man. Maybe I can go back to Afghan for a third time and just ask Muhammed. What is your point? That you are scared to go to a game? Why? In fear you will be breathed on? Come on. I work everyday and I'm out and about. Not that big of a deal. I keep my space, but then again...I did that before all this bs. Just out of respect for other peoples space. Anyway...why dont we go to a game and find out what the fatalities end up being or if me and you ever get sick. I never said there was an acceptable number or acceptable death. Any death to me is heart breaking. Not just covid crap.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 27, 2020 7:11 pm
  • Someone commented that the money isn’t made selling tickets to fans. However the average price last year was $111.78 per ticket. Multiply by 10 games and roughly 68k fans per game and you have $76 million just from Seahawks games. There are 32 teams. Stadiums have different capacities and average price likely varies from team to team. If all teams had the same numbers as the Seahawks, then you are looking at $2.43 billion before anyone buys merchandise or concessions. I think the owners want that revenue.
    Mike D in 332
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 pm
  • My guess, though I would be interested in seeing actual numbers, is that TV revenue is a lot more than stadium revenue. So if they have to do it without fans, they will.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu May 28, 2020 12:30 pm
  • TV revenue blows out stadium revenue. I would watch if they played in a deserted parking lot and used flags at this point. I hope we have fans and I think we will, but I'll take anything.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 pm
  • peppersjap wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:
    Seahawk wrote:I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I would be wondering about game refunds for each game I was not allowed to attend.

I have 4 seats and at this point I have very little desire to go. I just don't think the experience will be that enjoyable. We pay a lot of money and I don't want to pay that money for a lesser experience. I also don't want to deal with public transportation and the effort it's going to take getting in or out of the stadium. I think if they start asking the season ticket holders there will be quite a few like me who just don't want to deal with it this year. That might make there job of choosing who will be there easier. I'm fine with them rolling the money I've already paid over to next year.

That being said, I still want football and will be happy with whatever they come up with to make it happen this year.

This about sums up the lady and I's feelings on it as well. We've got two seats, club level on the South 48 yard line. We love our seats and will never give them up. We love the live game atmosphere and energy. But this past season it was already starting to wear on us. Getting in and out of there for prime time games. Dealing with public transpo. Add in the inherent issues with the pandemic and the idea of having to pay the same to enjoy a lesser experience to attend, and you can just count me in as a hard pass. I can enjoy the games from the comfort of my own home at that point.
    DanejaHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:00 pm
  • I noticed, day before yesterday I think, 2 Dallas players tested positive. Some OU players as well. I expect to see more of same in the near future. Also see that at least 6 states have set new records for daily positives. This leads me to suspect we may be in for more disappointment in terms of timely resumption of practice and play.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 pm
  • if they go without fans, i'd like to see the nfl and the networks pony up to make the television experience better than ever.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am
  • jamescasey1124 wrote:I dont know man. Maybe I can go back to Afghan for a third time and just ask Muhammed. What is your point? That you are scared to go to a game? Why? In fear you will be breathed on? Come on. I work everyday and I'm out and about. Not that big of a deal. I keep my space, but then again...I did that before all this bs. Just out of respect for other peoples space. Anyway...why dont we go to a game and find out what the fatalities end up being or if me and you ever get sick. I never said there was an acceptable number or acceptable death. Any death to me is heart breaking. Not just covid crap.

I think we will get a great idea of the safety of outdoor gatherings in the very near future given the racial protests this last week or so. If cases dramatically spike, you can kiss full stadiums goodbye.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:34 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:I noticed, day before yesterday I think, 2 Dallas players tested positive. Some OU players as well. I expect to see more of same in the near future. Also see that at least 6 states have set new records for daily positives. This leads me to suspect we may be in for more disappointment in terms of timely resumption of practice and play.

Sports news reported that at least four players from Dallas and Houston tested positive. Alabama and University of Houston have also acknowledged they've had people test positive.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:51 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:I noticed, day before yesterday I think, 2 Dallas players tested positive. Some OU players as well. I expect to see more of same in the near future. Also see that at least 6 states have set new records for daily positives. This leads me to suspect we may be in for more disappointment in terms of timely resumption of practice and play.

Sports news reported that at least four players from Dallas and Houston tested positive. Alabama and University of Houston have also acknowledged they've had people test positive.

Tip of the iceberg ...chit . Not looking good now for college football either ...might as well move to Canada ... where prawn is the national sport . :sarcasm_off:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:41 pm
  • If NFL wants a football season it will need to lockdown its,players. A few,positive tests aren't an issue when you have thousands of employees in the league.

Soccer is being played across Europe now. It wasn't THAT hard to get it going
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information