Do Not Sell My Personal Information

710 Pisses me off sometimes!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
710 Pisses me off sometimes!
Tue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm
  • I spend too much time browsing their site and listening to their podcasts, so when I hear BS, I have to say something about it!

They have a bad habit of replaying a sound byte, with zero context, no authentication, and completely ignoring sources!

THEN, they pass judgement on the person that THEY claim is speaking!

There was one a couple of weeks ago on a football player, can't remember who, but when I do, I'll bring it back here.

But today it was John Clayton. "Michael Jordan said he wasn't the one that kept Isaiah Thomas off of the dream team!"

Then they play MJ saying "I wasn't the one that kept him off there. No matter how much I hate him, but I respect his game. But I wasn't. If you want to attribute it to me, go ahead."

Then they play something called the Dream Team Tapes with a guy that they note is "respected" although they don't back that up in any way. It's just a cheezy way to weight the argument in their favor.

"This guy that we're using for our argument is legit, so you can believe him. How do we know he's legit? We said so."

So the story is that this guy plays a tape that he claims is Michael Jordan, saying something to the effect "Of I won't play if Isaiah's on the team."

So, if this is true, it's just Michael saying that he doesn't want to play on the Dream Team if Isaiah is on it. That's his prerogative, but he's not the one that makes the final decision. If he feels a certain way about another player, he should express it. Instead of being dishonest then carrying that through all of the games and creating a huge disaster.

But according to another tape played on the podcast, there were other players that did not like Isaiah, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson among them. There were multiple players that did not get along with Thomas, and it's likely, IMHO, that whoever was making the decision as to the make up of the team decided that with MJ not liking him, and other players not liking him, it was probably best if they selected the "many over the few."

But for Clayton to then basically say "Michael Jordan is going back on his story and saying one thing when another happened." is way over the top.

Michael made his feelings known, as I am sure did others. The powers that be made the decision. But it sounds like some people want to lay all of the blame on Jordan. Great Spin Job Clayton.

Journalistic Integrity is a thing of the past, and now pundits play sound bytes and make declarations that fit their point of view.

About 16:30 in.

JOHN CLAYTON
    Hour 2 - What's left in Carlos Hyde's tank? Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle explains

What kind of running back should the Seahawks expect to see in Carlos Hyde? John Clayton is joined by Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle to start the second hour. On The Report Card, Tom Brady's golf game isn't close to his football prowess. The Professor gives him a grade. Your text questions and The Groz finish off Tuesday.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... hn+Clayton

In the interest of disclosure, I'm a huge Michael Jordan fan.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: 710 Pisses me off sometimes!
Tue May 26, 2020 5:22 pm
  • I think you proved it was Jordan in that mess of a rant.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 5:45 pm
  • I stopped listening because of Paul Gallant. I feel like if that guy can be on radio, anybody can.

He caused me so much road rage on my morning drives to work, I had to turn the dial. No more
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 6:24 pm
  • Yeah...um, Since Donald Trump has pretty much labeled everything (not coming out of his pie hole) as "Fake News", or a "Hoax", I'm pretty much going to say that Nothing Is True....Unless he says so. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself........Er uh, I mean "The Devil Made Me Do It"..That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :rofl:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:I stopped listening because of Paul Gallant. I feel like if that guy can be on radio, anybody can.

He caused me so much road rage on my morning drives to work, I had to turn the dial. No more

Gallant doesn’t make me mad, he just tries too hard and is boring AF.
    He’s like an unfunny Mitch in the Morning minus the great interviewing skills.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue May 26, 2020 7:05 pm
  • Danny and Gallant are to much alike. They even have similar high pitched voices. I like it better when there's some debate between co-hosts.I don't want constant arguing but I do like different takes on a subject.

And oh yea, Jordan was a marvelous basketball player but a kind of a jerk.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 am
  • I really miss Brock and Salk. They had good chemistry with brock being the straight edge and Salk being the outsider.

I still listen in the morning, I like Danny. Michael bumpus should be permanent in the morning show imo. He already does mornings anyways, I like his insight.

The worst part of the updated 710 is the afternoon show of tom, Stacy, jake heaps, it used to be groz, bob, and Tom. That was such a great show. The awkward chemistry between Stacy and Tom make a me cringe and I stopped listening to them. Bob is a great radio personality but I miss Danny being on the show of misfits. Bob and Tom riffing on each other was good wish they were still together
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 8:54 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:Yeah...um, Since Donald Trump has pretty much labeled everything (not coming out of his pie hole) as "Fake News", or a "Hoax", I'm pretty much going to say that Nothing Is True....Unless he says so. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself........Er uh, I mean "The Devil Made Me Do It"..That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :rofl:

TDS much?
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 10:03 am
  • Chukarhawk wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Yeah...um, Since Donald Trump has pretty much labeled everything (not coming out of his pie hole) as "Fake News", or a "Hoax", I'm pretty much going to say that Nothing Is True....Unless he says so. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

TDS much?

This conversation doesn't have to devolve into tired political nonsense further than it already has. Just ignore it
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:I stopped listening because of Paul Gallant. I feel like if that guy can be on radio, anybody can.

What's your beef with Gallant? He's not that bad, is he?

Danny and Gallant is no Brock and Salk (not even close), but they're a heck of a lot better than any 950 show.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 4:33 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:He’s like an unfunny Mitch in the Morning minus the great interviewing skills.

Now there is a name that has been effectively erased from the media world. They don't even make jokes about him existing or his exit.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:He’s like an unfunny Mitch in the Morning minus the great interviewing skills.

Now there is a name that has been effectively erased from the media world. They don't even make jokes about him existing or his exit.

When your banging and paying for prostitutes that’s what happens I feel bad for his kid.
    No happy ending there
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 6:02 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:I stopped listening because of Paul Gallant. I feel like if that guy can be on radio, anybody can.

Danny and Gallant is no Brock and Salk (not even close), but they're a heck of a lot better than any 950 show.

Galant is really bad. Salk was an outsider but he gave funnny insight. Gallant is just loud
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 6:04 pm
  • Geologic wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:He’s like an unfunny Mitch in the Morning minus the great interviewing skills.

When your banging and paying for prostitutes that’s what happens I feel bad for his kid.
    No happy ending there

I just want to say he disrespected his wife. And child.
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 6:14 pm
  • I want sports talk without any politics. No talking about kneeling. No talking about extra draft choices for being racist (the very definition of treating people differently because of race), and no women talking about male sports. When those things happen, I don't listen. It really only takes one person to talk about sports, otherwise they are just filling airtime.

I am older, and am prepared to be in a very small minority with my opinions. I simply do not care. I can't watch or listen to female voices describing or discussing game play, or analyzing it. There are MANY men who cannot get a job who are twice as good as any woman at sports. They simply are there to "throw a bone" to females who rarely pay attention to football. Heck, even Susan Komen for the cure is political. Where is the month for mens prostate cancer? Don't get me talking about pink on uniforms. Permission to hate on given...
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Wed May 27, 2020 7:54 pm
  • Geologic wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:

No happy ending there

I understand that part. I am just surprised 4 years later even the competing station in the market has not cracked a joke about it.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 pm
  • jeremiah wrote:I want sports talk without any politics. No talking about kneeling. No talking about extra draft choices for being racist (the very definition of treating people differently because of race), and no women talking about male sports. When those things happen, I don't listen. It really only takes one person to talk about sports, otherwise they are just filling airtime.

I am older, and am prepared to be in a very small minority with my opinions. I simply do not care. I can't watch or listen to female voices describing or discussing game play, or analyzing it. There are MANY men who cannot get a job who are twice as good as any woman at sports. They simply are there to "throw a bone" to females who rarely pay attention to football. Heck, even Susan Komen for the cure is political. Where is the month for mens prostate cancer? Don't get me talking about pink on uniforms. Permission to hate on given...

Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed May 27, 2020 11:26 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    Geologic wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:

No happy ending there

I understand that part. I am just surprised 4 years later even the competing station in the market has not cracked a joke about it.

I am surprised he hasn't tried to rehab his image and make a comeback. He was far and away the most talented sports radio personality in the area...although I can't think of anyone who made a comeback after something as despicable as what he did. Maybe Marv Albert was close?
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2020 1:50 am
  • Geologic wrote:I really miss Brock and Salk. They had good chemistry with brock being the straight edge and Salk being the outsider.

I still listen in the morning, I like Danny. Michael bumpus should be permanent in the morning show imo. He already does mornings anyways, I like his insight.

This. I really hope they move Gallant to some other show and make Bump and Stump a permanent feature.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2020 2:09 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:I stopped listening because of Paul Gallant. I feel like if that guy can be on radio, anybody can.

Over here in Spokane, we only get some of the shows. But on the morning commute through the rugged, depressing streets of my beloved hometown on the drive to my pathetic dead end job, it's Danny and Gallant.

My issue with Gallant is he really provides no insight into anything. He spends more time talking about his time covering the Patriots (like Salk would do, but less interesting) and his most recent stint with the Texans. Everything is Houston this, Houston that. I wanted to jump through my Monte Carlo radio and yell "you're not in Houston anymore Gallant!!."
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: 710 Pisses me off sometimes
Thu May 28, 2020 4:22 pm
  • 710 seems to have a problem with their shoes
    I like or tolerate 1 or 2 of the hosts, and then there is a Moore, Wassel or Gallant who ruins the show.
    It’s like in the rastlin’ of the 80’s where there has to be a bad guy or contrarian announcer.

I end up changing the channel often because of the 3 I mentioned. KJR also uses a similar formula. It’s too bad as sports radio really sucks in the Seattle area IMHO.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu May 28, 2020 4:36 pm
  • Geologic wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:

Galant is really bad. Salk was an outsider but he gave funnny insight. Gallant is just loud

He seriously got his start doing recaps of teen/young adult TV shows. He has almost no experience in sports outside of his horrible stint in Houston where he was run out of town.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 pm
  • I can’t stand 710 always being so “pro” Seattle coaches.

I think it’s a tad too much.

They never criticize the team but always making up excuses.

I hate that.

I really couldn’t stand Mike Salk.

Salk’s voice always seemed to irk me as he seemed like a sniveling little know it all that thinks he has all the answers in a sarcastic way.

Brock was the guy that actually knew some things and could discuss it rationally.

For the most part, I only enjoy Danny O’Neill and John Clayton.

But my radio sports listening is mainly 950 other than John Clayton.

950 serves up better perspectives.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information