Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Study says CenturyLink Field is one of the most dangerous

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... n-the-nfl/

Not because of the crowd noise.......

I have played competitive organized football, on both natural grass and turf, and for those that have also played football, you know your legs, knees and feet can absolutely feel the difference of each playing surface.

There some validity to this, I can assure you, IMO.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• So how can we go from one of the best artificial surfaces and safest to the worst, our surface is the closest to a natural feel in the league when they installed it, they also replace it regularly.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

Hey Chris, save the political imagery for the shack.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• PlinytheCenter wrote:I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

"Cushy and giving" is not necessarily a good thing particularly with respect to non-contact injuries.
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

• PlinytheCenter wrote:I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

Guess you got your report in today, it's an avatar, a Biden avatar is allowed so this one should be as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The current field is, at least, a huge upgrade over the carpet in the Kingdome. In addition the surface at Clink is identical to the surface in multiple other stadiums for NFL games. They're all dangerous due to the nature of the game and ever increasing size, strength, and speed, of the players. Natural grass is the best, but does not stand up well to the wear stress factor, especially later in the season.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Last edited by Nunya on Thu May 28, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Nunya
    NET Practice Squad

• Nunya wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    PlinytheCenter wrote:I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

Guess you got your report in today, it's an avatar, a Biden avatar is allowed so this one should be as well.

I'm the one that reported you. Many of us come here to get away from politics. I would also report a Biden avatar. If you want to talk Seahawks, you are in the right forum. If you want to make it a political then I would suggest finding a political forum.

Then go away and don't look, every avatar means something to those that posted it, your just complaining to complain and make it political.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Nunya wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    PlinytheCenter wrote:I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

I'm the one that reported you. Many of us come here to get away from politics. I would also report a Biden avatar. If you want to talk Seahawks, you are in the right forum. If you want to make it a political then I would suggest finding a political forum.

Also Practice Sqwuad, I think I have been here long enough to know what forums are what and the discussion was about the field, Nunya business what I have for an avatar.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• My apologies to TheLegendOfBoom for the derailment. This is the last I will speak about the issue.
    Last edited by Nunya on Thu May 28, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Nunya
    NET Practice Squad

• Nunya wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Then go away and don't look, every avatar means something to those that posted it, your just complaining to complain and make it political.

And yet I suspect the owners of the site will agree with me. If they don't then i will walk away as it would obviously not be a site I would want to discuss SPORTS on. I find it sad that some jerks can not keep their politics to themselves in venues that have nothing to do with politics.

Seems to me we were discussing the field, your the person that has all the issues.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• That and I can't change it even if I wanted to till I get home from work.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I like the avatar Chris..Keep it
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• What's most surprising to me is the data showing FedEx Field as the safest to play on, injury wise...
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:What's most surprising to me is the data showing FedEx Field as the safest to play on, injury wise...

Very safe if nobody plays on it, I thought they had two situations last year where they had one to shorten the field because it was bad and a second when it was closed down.

I could be wrong but something happened there.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• FedEx Field is HORRIBLE and several players have had career ending injuries there particularly later in the year i.e. Thanksgiving or later.

I don't need to read the article to know it's pure BS if they claim FedEx Field is safer than CenturyLink for players.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• Patrick Olde Loohuis is recycling a 1 1/2 year old story.

For your convenience, here is the link to the more complete 03 Oct 2018, 12:20pm by Zach Binney as published by Football Outsides >>> https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/untangling-nfl-injury-web

I would caution that results and conclusions are shaped by how a model is constructed.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:Patrick Olde Loohuis is recycling a 1 1/2 year old story.

For your convenience, here is the link to the more complete 03 Oct 2018, 12:20pm by Zach Binney as published by Football Outsides >>> https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/untangling-nfl-injury-web

I would caution that results and conclusions are shaped by how a model is constructed.

True

Example Bette Davis is Hot

When really at the end.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Did they perhaps give the injury stats per field?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Last season, CLink field looked slippery. Guys seem to be slipping a lot more than normal after they installed the latest turf.
    notyou
    NET Rookie

• notyou wrote:Last season, CLink field looked slippery. Guys seem to be slipping a lot more than normal after they installed the latest turf.

I noticed the same thing. Not Just Clink either. It seemed that was at U of P (Arizona) as well.

Ive noticed that the synthetic field allows players to maximize their speed which could cause more violent collisions, thus more injuries? .
    Boohman14
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information