Study says CenturyLink Field is one of the most dangerous

chris98251

Reaction score
So how can we go from one of the best artificial surfaces and safest to the worst, our surface is the closest to a natural feel in the league when they installed it, they also replace it regularly.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

Hey Chris, save the political imagery for the shack.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1hcoabmv said:
I've walked on the surface and it's very cushy and giving. Not sure what the problem is...

"Cushy and giving" is not necessarily a good thing particularly with respect to non-contact injuries.

chris98251

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":w8qsv2zu said:

Guess you got your report in today, it's an avatar, a Biden avatar is allowed so this one should be as well.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The current field is, at least, a huge upgrade over the carpet in the Kingdome. In addition the surface at Clink is identical to the surface in multiple other stadiums for NFL games. They're all dangerous due to the nature of the game and ever increasing size, strength, and speed, of the players. Natural grass is the best, but does not stand up well to the wear stress factor, especially later in the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nunya":24nici7g said:
chris98251":24nici7g said:
PlinytheCenter":24nici7g said:

Guess you got your report in today, it's an avatar, a Biden avatar is allowed so this one should be as well.

I'm the one that reported you. Many of us come here to get away from politics. I would also report a Biden avatar. If you want to talk Seahawks, you are in the right forum. If you want to make it a political then I would suggest finding a political forum.

Then go away and don't look, every avatar means something to those that posted it, your just complaining to complain and make it political.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nunya":2nfcrnp8 said:
chris98251":2nfcrnp8 said:
PlinytheCenter":2nfcrnp8 said:

I'm the one that reported you. Many of us come here to get away from politics. I would also report a Biden avatar. If you want to talk Seahawks, you are in the right forum. If you want to make it a political then I would suggest finding a political forum.

Also Practice Sqwuad, I think I have been here long enough to know what forums are what and the discussion was about the field, Nunya business what I have for an avatar.

Nunya

Reaction score
My apologies to TheLegendOfBoom for the derailment. This is the last I will speak about the issue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nunya":3ln25nat said:
chris98251":3ln25nat said:
Nunya":3ln25nat said:
chris98251":3ln25nat said:

Then go away and don't look, every avatar means something to those that posted it, your just complaining to complain and make it political.

And yet I suspect the owners of the site will agree with me. If they don't then i will walk away as it would obviously not be a site I would want to discuss SPORTS on. I find it sad that some jerks can not keep their politics to themselves in venues that have nothing to do with politics.

Seems to me we were discussing the field, your the person that has all the issues.

chris98251

Reaction score
That and I can't change it even if I wanted to till I get home from work.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What's most surprising to me is the data showing FedEx Field as the safest to play on, injury wise...

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25utblk5 said:
What's most surprising to me is the data showing FedEx Field as the safest to play on, injury wise...

Very safe if nobody plays on it, I thought they had two situations last year where they had one to shorten the field because it was bad and a second when it was closed down.

I could be wrong but something happened there.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
FedEx Field is HORRIBLE and several players have had career ending injuries there particularly later in the year i.e. Thanksgiving or later.

I don't need to read the article to know it's pure BS if they claim FedEx Field is safer than CenturyLink for players.

Jville

Reaction score
Patrick Olde Loohuis is recycling a 1 1/2 year old story.

For your convenience, here is the link to the more complete 03 Oct 2018, 12:20pm by Zach Binney as published by Football Outsides >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/untangling-nfl-injury-web[/urltargetblank]

I would caution that results and conclusions are shaped by how a model is constructed.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":2sdzwqns said:
Patrick Olde Loohuis is recycling a 1 1/2 year old story.

For your convenience, here is the link to the more complete 03 Oct 2018, 12:20pm by Zach Binney as published by Football Outsides >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/untangling-nfl-injury-web[/urltargetblank]

I would caution that results and conclusions are shaped by how a model is constructed.

True

Example Bette Davis is Hot

F9207e9de14558680884d7723fa6c82d

When really at the end.

90a8d6f86df83c9f3239193996d95bc9

notyou

Reaction score
Last season, CLink field looked slippery. Guys seem to be slipping a lot more than normal after they installed the latest turf.