Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks Won't Make The Playoffs?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seahawks Won't Make The Playoffs?
Fri May 29, 2020 7:42 am

Re: Seahawks Won't Make The Playoffs?
Fri May 29, 2020 9:07 am
  • nrayorr wrote:https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predictions-cowboys-roll-seahawks-stumble-pats-collapse

Schein is out of his mind. I do not see us not making the playoffs... of course he doesn't like the Seahawks anyway so no surprise here.

The cowboys haven’t been relevant for 25 years but every year for the past 25 there is some idiot
    Or a group of idiots that predict greatness from them in that upcoming season. Morons!

....and it seems to be a trend lately that these same idiots predict doom and gloom for Seattle predicting they won’t make the playoffs or will have a 4 win season. Seems like @ssclownery is a real disease and there is no cure.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 am
  • I don't know if I disagree. Hell, I wouldn't even call it a bold prediction.

This division is a bloodbath.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    nrayorr wrote:https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predictions-cowboys-roll-seahawks-stumble-pats-collapse

Schein is out of his mind. I do not see us not making the playoffs... of course he doesn't like the Seahawks anyway so no surprise here.

The cowboys haven’t been relevant for 25 years but every year for the past 25 there is some idiot
    Or a group of idiots that predict greatness from them in that upcoming season. Morons!

....and it seems to be a trend lately that these same idiots predict doom and gloom for Seattle predicting they won’t make the playoffs or will have a 4 win season. Seems like @ssclownery is a real disease and there is no cure.

:ditto:
    nrayorr
    NET Starter

Fri May 29, 2020 9:24 am
  • With the expanded playoffs we could have the whole division in the playoffs mathematically speaking I think someone figured out.

But yes the separation from 1st to 4th in this division is going to be marginally talent and coaching, everyone will have a check and balance of some sort to counter. We are really very close top to bottom.

The biggest separation is going to be how they approach this coming season with all the challenges, that and officiating costing teams games.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 am
  • Pete Carroll went 7-9 with T-Jack. The Seahawks will never be worse than 9-7 with a healthy Wilson.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am
  • chris98251 wrote:With the expanded playoffs we could have the whole division in the playoffs mathematically speaking I think someone figured out.

But yes the separation from 1st to 4th in this division is going to be marginally talent and coaching, everyone will have a check and balance of some sort to counter. We are really very close top to bottom.

The biggest separation is going to be how they approach this coming season with all the challenges, that and officiating costing teams games.

The expanded playoffs are to help the *allas’s and stealers make it to the playoffs every year.
    Legacy Teams in the playoffs = more revenue for the NFL
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 29, 2020 12:29 pm
  • Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

I think we’ll make it, but I’m not going to rip someone apart who disagrees. If we make the playoffs, we’ll really have to earn it.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 pm
  • Rat wrote:Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

I think we’ll make it, but I’m not going to rip someone apart who disagrees. If we make the playoffs, we’ll really have to earn it.

Not arguing with you but why does Seattle have “to earn it” while a team like the Cowboys (who missed the playoffs while playing in the 2nd weakest division in football last year) are just assumed will be good? What did they do to earn it?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri May 29, 2020 12:55 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Rat wrote:Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

Not arguing with you but why does Seattle have “to earn it” while a team like the Cowboys (who missed the playoffs while playing in the 2nd weakest division in football last year) are just assumed will be good? What did they do to earn it?

Whined for 20 years or so to the Commish..............
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 29, 2020 12:59 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Rat wrote:Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

They’re just predictions; I’m not sure why they have to “earn” good ones.

The Cowboys play in a trash division that only looks marginally better this year. They were in the division race until the end last year, and finally removed what was perceived to be their biggest problem (head coach). They did lose Byron Jones and Travis Frederick, but there’s more than enough there where I can’t fault anyone who thinks they’ll take the division. They very well could make it ahead of us, despite being the inferior team, as unfair as that is.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri May 29, 2020 3:57 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:Pete Carroll went 7-9 with T-Jack. The Seahawks will never be worse than 9-7 with a healthy Wilson.

And don't forget, when we went 9-7 in 2017, we lost 3 games because Blair Walsh. That was our only 9-7 season with Russ.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri May 29, 2020 4:07 pm
  • With Wilson, Hawks will always be in the hunt.. but that hunt will fizzle in the playoff's.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm
  • Honestly, The NFC west is the toughest division in the NFL . for several years there has always been a contender from this division . Now the Cardinals will also be in the mix . Winning the division is a must . Wild card is a bust . IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran

Fri May 29, 2020 5:13 pm
  • You guys remember the McGuire Apartments? The building had to be torn down because of flawed concrete etc? The foundation was flawed.

Same thing here. With poor drafts and poor signings the team is going to crash. Maybe this year maybe next. I hope never but poor drafting equals no cheap talent filling slots meaning higher priced free agents having to be signed leading to cap limitations. Instead of signing any difference makers with a justified higher salary they have had to sign more lower quality players to fill the multitude of holes. It is a downward cycle with a constant and notable talent drain that continues even today.

With so many holes in the dam it will eventually break. My caveat being that I am (hopefully) wrong about how crappy the last few drafts have been with very very few exceptions then maybe the party can continue.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

Fri May 29, 2020 9:01 pm
  • nrayorr wrote:https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predictions-cowboys-roll-seahawks-stumble-pats-collapse

Given the new format I don't see us getting shut out either. It's nice to be on the fortunate side of an 11-5 season. But we were just a change in the breeze of fortune from being 5-11 last year, and those 5 were hotly contested.
    Hard to begrudge a pessimist when there is substance to his point of view.
    Then again, as an optimist it's hard to ignore the fact we were one inch away from being Division champs with a playoff bye, too.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri May 29, 2020 9:48 pm
  • Once again, Schein gets clicks.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat May 30, 2020 1:32 am
  • I'ma gonna give a hot take on this hot take, and watch the people react to how I react.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:40 am
  • Niners are due for major regression.

Everything that could go right for them did.

Super bowl loser hangover is real.

Their QB is JAG.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am
  • Consider the source. Remember this later.

Adam Schein is an idiot. I don't know if anyone here recalls his over the top panning (how stupid the Seahawks are) of the Seahawks draft when the team picked RW and Wagner. He's another one of those guys who thought the Hawks would go 4-12 two seasons ago and were going to completely fall apart.

He simply is an east coaster who has zero regard for Seattle and at least is consistent in his dislike for anything the Hawks do.

He's a journalist I regularly avoid as he's shot his credibility in the foot too many times.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:29 am
  • This ^
    His opinion doesn't even sort of matter. People claim the Hawks won't make the playoffs over and over again. And are wrong over and over again.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am
  • I think you can pick any team to make or not make the playoffs at this time of the year. Every team has strengths, every team has weaknesses and injuries end up being the final arbiter for many a team when all is said and done.

Most teams with a healthy franchise QB make the playoffs. So as long as WIlson stays upright, we have an 80% chance of going to the playoffs. If Wilson goes down for an extended length of time, we will miss the playoffs. It's as simple as that.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm
  • Jets QB Sam Darnold will become a star

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enough said!
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 pm
  • He has not made the approved list yet.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 pm
  • This is the most worrisome sentence:

"Here is the Seahawks starting defensive line: L.J. Collier, Jarran Reed, Poona Ford, and Bruce Irvin."

That's frankly worrisome.

Collier hasn't even shown any sign of blossoming yet. He is a sunk cost that will be babied along regardless of performance. Irvin is a retread. These other two guys were just OK.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:02 am
  • Schein is an idiot. He doesn't understand the salary cap but he makes declarations of who will make a roster based on cap numbers. He forms opinions then looks for evidence to back up those opinions rather than looking at the evidence then forming an opinion. ESPN had the Seahawks at 58% to make the playoffs, which was about right. Given the Seahawks are 5th favourites in the NFC most people will pick them to make the playoffs. However a 42% chance means it's not that unlikely for the Seahawks to miss out. If they do Schein will no doubt make a big thing of his being right. Typical tout-wannabe.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Niners are due for major regression.

Everything that could go right for them did.

Super bowl loser hangover is real.

Their QB is JAG.

While I agree that Garoppolo is average, I don't see enough subtractions on the Niner's roster to agree they'll be regressing. They lost Sanders and Buckner, that's it for major roster losses.

Both impact players for sure, but IMO not enough for me to think they're taking a major step back this year........and we certainly haven't added enough significant talent for us to go back to our dominate NFC West ways.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:00 am
  • Yeah, I wish I could agree they are regressing. They are gonna' be damn good again imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:26 pm
  • Not impossible , we haven't drafted that great for a few years and didn't sign any game changing FAs this off season .

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:04 am
  • Poor drafting and a handful of one year contracts. We will have to lean on the offense to control the clock and win close games. I dont see us contending for a title this year.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:29 am
  • Pete Carrol's team are always competitive
    warden
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information