Seahawks Won't Make The Playoffs?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nrayorr":5g0w5dil said:
https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predictions-cowboys-roll-seahawks-stumble-pats-collapse

Schein is out of his mind. I do not see us not making the playoffs... of course he doesn't like the Seahawks anyway so no surprise here.
The cowboys haven’t been relevant for 25 years but every year for the past 25 there is some idiot
Or a group of idiots that predict greatness from them in that upcoming season. Morons!

....and it seems to be a trend lately that these same idiots predict doom and gloom for Seattle predicting they won’t make the playoffs or will have a 4 win season. Seems like @ssclownery is a real disease and there is no cure.

acer1240

Reaction score
I don't know if I disagree. Hell, I wouldn't even call it a bold prediction.

This division is a bloodbath.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36frm235 said:
nrayorr":36frm235 said:
https://www.nfl.com/news/bold-nfl-predictions-cowboys-roll-seahawks-stumble-pats-collapse

Schein is out of his mind. I do not see us not making the playoffs... of course he doesn't like the Seahawks anyway so no surprise here.
The cowboys haven’t been relevant for 25 years but every year for the past 25 there is some idiot
Or a group of idiots that predict greatness from them in that upcoming season. Morons!

....and it seems to be a trend lately that these same idiots predict doom and gloom for Seattle predicting they won’t make the playoffs or will have a 4 win season. Seems like @ssclownery is a real disease and there is no cure.
:ditto:

chris98251

Reaction score
With the expanded playoffs we could have the whole division in the playoffs mathematically speaking I think someone figured out.

But yes the separation from 1st to 4th in this division is going to be marginally talent and coaching, everyone will have a check and balance of some sort to counter. We are really very close top to bottom.

The biggest separation is going to be how they approach this coming season with all the challenges, that and officiating costing teams games.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Pete Carroll went 7-9 with T-Jack. The Seahawks will never be worse than 9-7 with a healthy Wilson.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":c7yiod4u said:
With the expanded playoffs we could have the whole division in the playoffs mathematically speaking I think someone figured out.

But yes the separation from 1st to 4th in this division is going to be marginally talent and coaching, everyone will have a check and balance of some sort to counter. We are really very close top to bottom.

The biggest separation is going to be how they approach this coming season with all the challenges, that and officiating costing teams games.
The expanded playoffs are to help the *allas’s and stealers make it to the playoffs every year.
Legacy Teams in the playoffs = more revenue for the NFL

Rat

Reaction score
Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

I think we’ll make it, but I’m not going to rip someone apart who disagrees. If we make the playoffs, we’ll really have to earn it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rat":30spibkw said:
Eh, we play in a brutal division and our lack of quality depth leaves us especially vulnerable to injury. We’re also employing too many band-aids with the OL and pass rush.

I think we’ll make it, but I’m not going to rip someone apart who disagrees. If we make the playoffs, we’ll really have to earn it.
Not arguing with you but why does Seattle have “to earn it” while a team like the Cowboys (who missed the playoffs while playing in the 2nd weakest division in football last year) are just assumed will be good? What did they do to earn it?

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jwf8rd7 said:
Rat":2jwf8rd7 said:

Not arguing with you but why does Seattle have “to earn it” while a team like the Cowboys (who missed the playoffs while playing in the 2nd weakest division in football last year) are just assumed will be good? What did they do to earn it?

Whined for 20 years or so to the Commish..............

Rat

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":sii6pwhf said:
Rat":sii6pwhf said:

They’re just predictions; I’m not sure why they have to “earn” good ones.

The Cowboys play in a trash division that only looks marginally better this year. They were in the division race until the end last year, and finally removed what was perceived to be their biggest problem (head coach). They did lose Byron Jones and Travis Frederick, but there’s more than enough there where I can’t fault anyone who thinks they’ll take the division. They very well could make it ahead of us, despite being the inferior team, as unfair as that is.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
With Wilson, Hawks will always be in the hunt.. but that hunt will fizzle in the playoff's.

xray

Reaction score
Honestly, The NFC west is the toughest division in the NFL . for several years there has always been a contender from this division . Now the Cardinals will also be in the mix . Winning the division is a must . Wild card is a bust . IMO

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
You guys remember the McGuire Apartments? The building had to be torn down because of flawed concrete etc? The foundation was flawed.

Same thing here. With poor drafts and poor signings the team is going to crash. Maybe this year maybe next. I hope never but poor drafting equals no cheap talent filling slots meaning higher priced free agents having to be signed leading to cap limitations. Instead of signing any difference makers with a justified higher salary they have had to sign more lower quality players to fill the multitude of holes. It is a downward cycle with a constant and notable talent drain that continues even today.

With so many holes in the dam it will eventually break. My caveat being that I am (hopefully) wrong about how crappy the last few drafts have been with very very few exceptions then maybe the party can continue.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
nrayorr":1i1psekc said:

Given the new format I don't see us getting shut out either. It's nice to be on the fortunate side of an 11-5 season. But we were just a change in the breeze of fortune from being 5-11 last year, and those 5 were hotly contested.
Hard to begrudge a pessimist when there is substance to his point of view.
Then again, as an optimist it's hard to ignore the fact we were one inch away from being Division champs with a playoff bye, too.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I'ma gonna give a hot take on this hot take, and watch the people react to how I react.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Niners are due for major regression.

Everything that could go right for them did.

Super bowl loser hangover is real.

Their QB is JAG.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Consider the source. Remember this later.

Adam Schein is an idiot. I don't know if anyone here recalls his over the top panning (how stupid the Seahawks are) of the Seahawks draft when the team picked RW and Wagner. He's another one of those guys who thought the Hawks would go 4-12 two seasons ago and were going to completely fall apart.

He simply is an east coaster who has zero regard for Seattle and at least is consistent in his dislike for anything the Hawks do.

He's a journalist I regularly avoid as he's shot his credibility in the foot too many times.