Opinion on governor Inslee excption for pro sports

springscohawk

Reaction score
Posted this topic in the lounge so if moderators want to remove from this football forum, I understand.

What is your view of Governor relaxing restrictions for Pro sports teams?

A. Glad, perfect timing, and closer to having 2020 NFL season
B. Finally, should have happened sooner
C. Confused, why do pro-sports teams get special treatment
D. Mad, What about my business and livelihood?
E. Pissed: Shows how sweeping closure orders and government controlled reopening plans are political and irrational

What say you?

OP
OP
S

springscohawk

Reaction score
Moderators, If you move to lounge, can you keep this post and delete other as this one is written better! Thanks

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Kind of a political question.

However, it’s time to start a return to a new normal. Let us see if there is a rebound of numbers of new infected from the decreased social distancing.

In terms of social engineering and public safety it’s time to give it a go.

chris98251

Reaction score
springscohawk":2vaxf1ac said:
Posted this topic in the lounge so if moderators want to remove from this football forum, I understand.

What is your view of Governor relaxing restrictions for Pro sports teams?

A. Glad, perfect timing, and closer to having 2020 NFL season
B. Finally, should have happened sooner
C. Confused, why do pro-sports teams get special treatment
D. Mad, What about my business and livelihood?
E. Pissed: Shows how sweeping closure orders and government controlled reopening plans are political and irrational

What say you?

There is a option to make a poll that may help you next time.

But in answer to your question C

Why they have the money to feed into the facilities and support to make as sure as possible the guidelines are in place and restrictions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Without getting political I think the time is right.

I think he’s been too slow for regular businesses getting back to normal.
The curve in Washington state was flattened awhile ago. I’m not saying it should be “an all or nothing” approach.
Just the process could have been sped up “safely” while getting things rolling and getting folks back to work in a safe manner.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
As much as I welcome and want the return of football I think it is too early to charge into things. The curve is NOT flattening in the country. In fact there is a surge in new positives occurring in nearly all the states that first began to re-open. One of the states with a sharp new uptrend is Washington. Those who decline to observe precautions are the most vulnerable and likely contributors to new spikes, which will further delay our return to normalcy.
I agree with chris on "C" answer.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
C. Although not confused by it.

Teams and league want our dollars. And if they can be 'officially' opened that means they can take our money. Even if they end up stating that we should attend at our own personal accepted risk. So if I don't want to sit in a pandemic petri dish for 4 hours and stay home, the NFL can still take my season ticket money.

It's exactly why it shouldn't be opened at all The risk in that environment is ridiculously high. But if it's technically open, then I have no alternative but to pay for nothing or accept an unacceptable risk.

I'd change my opinion if the team/league offers to accept my 2020 season ticket payments, and apply them to 2021. That's how it should be. I don't mind paying today for the tickets of tomorrow.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3l45zttx said:
As much as I welcome and want the return of football I think it is too early to charge into things. The curve is NOT flattening in the country. In fact there is a surge in new positives occurring in nearly all the states that first began to re-open. One of the states with a sharp new uptrend is Washington. Those who decline to observe precautions are the most vulnerable and likely contributors to new spikes, which will further delay our return to normalcy.

Flattening the curve is about making sure hospitals don't get backed up. Many states can have thousands of new cases a week and not be at risk for that.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't have any issues with it. I do find the amount reverence a lot of these governors are placing on sports to be a little bizarre.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
knownone":1nq64lpq said:
I don't have any issues with it. I do find the amount reverence a lot of these governors are placing on sports to be a little bizarre.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not surprised at all. It sounds silly to say "football? Yeah, that's important. Gotta have that!"....but it's true and I've been saying so all along. Football is too major of a quality of life component. Football reigns supreme in America. Football is life.

Some things are so important that people are willing to accept the risks and costs. That's economics.

xray

Reaction score
i'ts politics vs money...you pick

Mad Dog

Reaction score
At this point it looks like all he's done is approve opening the practice facilities and to play games without fans. And all with significant safety precautions. That's hardly resuming professional sports.

The big issue is if and when they open pro sports to stadium fans and what that will look like. I've not heard anything from the NFL who seem to relish keeping us all in the dark about their contingencies while I'm still getting billed $800 instalments for seasons tickets.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe. Hey, I got to eat Sunday breakfast IN my favorite restaurant with my bro and nephew today. It's getting there. :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3w19zchu said:
*mod edit*

A lot of folks have lost no loved-ones, and are pi$$ed that they are being inconvenienced for the folks that have.
It's NOT POLITICAL, the Corona Virus doesn't care which side of the aisle your on.
IF they can SAFELY open Football for the home viewers, great, if there are too many risks for the Players & Coaches?, As much as I love my Seahawks, no way in hell I want them taking unnecessary risks for my entertainment.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
fenderbender123":2rltxmo6 said:
Appyhawk":2rltxmo6 said:

Flattening the curve is about making sure hospitals don't get backed up. Many states can have thousands of new cases a week and not be at risk for that.

Mark Sumner today:
" More than a dozen states have reported their peak number of cases, not in March or April, but in the last week. And in some states, like Arizona and Texas, the growing number of cases is leading to a surge in hospitalizations that is threatening to crack apart health care systems just when many people were beginning to relax."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How is allowing teams to practice in small groups obeying the new distance and group restrictions "making exceptions?"

Sounders have been practicing for weeks. No media, no fans, distance and health protocols in place. I assume this would be the same for the Hawks when they begin practice.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e7j6bcp said:
How is allowing teams to practice in small groups obeying the new distance and group restrictions "making exceptions?"

Sounders have been practicing for weeks. No media, no fans, distance and health protocols in place. I assume this would be the same for the Hawks when they begin practice.
Part of the delay has to do with the league, which is trying to keep all the teams on similar schedules for fairness. Not all on the state/county.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Appyhawk":20phtlhy said:

Another thing that is contributing to the upsurge of new cases is that testing is now more available than it's been before and with more testing there will be more cases which is the norm in healthcare in which I work. Once testing is more widespread we should be able to control the numbers with social distancing and quarantines. Hopefully we will start to see the curve flatten and be on a downward trend by the time the season begins.