Please Support

peppersjap

Reaction score
I must have missed the trial for these officers that you have convicted. We are not supposed to get political on this site yet you are the owner of the site so it is ok for you? As a proud law enforcement officer of 31 years I will now remove myself from your site. I'm all for burning these officers if they are guilty but they deserve the same rights as anyone else, innocent until proven guilty. I am happy the officer in Minneapolis is going to go down for murder because he deserves it but I cannot agree with the theme that every officer is a horrible person especially when police officers are being murdered at an insane rate since this the Floyd incident.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"especially when police officers are being murdered at an insane rate since this the Floyd incident."
Really? Haven't heard of a single one.
My family has been involved in law enforcement for decades, from squirrel sheriff to sheriff, to campus cop, to highway patrol, to government agents. I know very well there are many wonderful officers who take "protect and serve" to heart. I also know there are way too many who use that shield as a tool for abuse of authority to further their personal biases and/or perversions.
There is good and bad in all peoples, but that is no excuse for not striving for improvement by weeding the garden. We definitely have some weeding to do in this country.

TreeRon

Reaction score
There have been some killing of police officers but I'm not sure about the insane rate part. It seems to me that we (the people) must insist on better screening of police recruits. If it's money, pay em.
One of the officers responsible for a recent publicized killing had been fired from a previous force and lied on his app.. I don't know of a major business in America that would not have caught that lie before hiring. Did this dept. not check out the complaints against him? The officer in the Floyd killing was a "training officer" with at least 7 complaints against him?
Good grief folks it used to be hard to get hired to the police.
I think they give prefrence to ex-military, perhaps that's not a great idea. Soldiering is different from law enforcement.
Now your local sheriffs dept, esp small rural counties, that's where it's really the wild wild west.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
peppersjap":29g2b8ui said:
I must have missed the trial for these officers that you have convicted. We are not supposed to get political on this site yet you are the owner of the site so it is ok for you? As a proud law enforcement officer of 31 years I will now remove myself from your site. I'm all for burning these officers if they are guilty but they deserve the same rights as anyone else, innocent until proven guilty. I am happy the officer in Minneapolis is going to go down for murder because he deserves it but I cannot agree with the theme that every officer is a horrible person especially when police officers are being murdered at an insane rate since this the Floyd incident.

I am not suggesting burning anyone. I support our officers and I will also support lives of all color.

I understand you may feel it is necessary to leave, we don't want you to go. Loosing community members stinks, I am not trying to be divisive here I promise. I felt it was necessary to use the platform i have been provided to help someone close to me. This is not an attempt to bring a political argument into the main forum. Rather bring as many eyes to this situation I can to help a real life friend who is hurting.

minormillikin

Reaction score
" ..Ellis then picked up the officer by the vest and slam-dunked him to the ground, prompting the second officer to get out of the police cruiser and work to physically restrain Ellis in order to detain him. "

"The office found contributing factors that included methamphetamine intoxication and dilated cardiomyopathy, also known as an enlarged heart."

Bad things happen when you try to fight the police. This isn't the same thing as George Floyd. It's amazing how long it took to actually find an account of the incident, since nearly every article is about the death only.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/komonews.c ... llis-death

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Excited delirium can be fatal..I'm sure pmedic could advise of situations hes been involved in. It usually leads to a physical confrontation and then good chance of death. Not saying this is the case but it happens a lot

TAB420

Reaction score
TreeRon":it0u1jqf said:
There have been some killing of police officers but I'm not sure about the insane rate part. It seems to me that we (the people) must insist on better screening of police recruits. If it's money, pay em.
One of the officers responsible for a recent publicized killing had been fired from a previous force and lied on his app.. I don't know of a major business in America that would not have caught that lie before hiring. Did this dept. not check out the complaints against him? The officer in the Floyd killing was a "training officer" with at least 7 complaints against him?
I think they give prefrence to ex-military, perhaps that's not a great idea. Soldiering is different from law enforcement.
Now your local sheriffs dept, esp small rural counties, that's where it's really the wild wild west.

A cop is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by an armed criminal than a criminal is to be killed by a cop. This was before the George Floyd case. We also see by the statistics that 60,000 cops are assaulted a year compared to the 4,000 citizens that are assaulted. Sorry, but I thought we needed a little real talk on this.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
TAB420":2471b2dm said:
TreeRon":2471b2dm said:

A cop is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by an armed criminal than a criminal is to be killed by a cop. This was before the George Floyd case. We also see by the statistics that 60,000 cops are assaulted a year compared to the 4,000 citizens that are assaulted. Sorry, but I thought we needed a little real talk on this.
You cannot bring facts into this discussion. Feelings are ok. I work with police everyday and they don’t want to hurt anyone. My good friend was sitting in a police car when a man walked up and murdered him and his partner. You would think by the media and people who don’t care about facts that police kill people just for fun. Are there bad police officers. Yes. But there are way more bad people out there.

All that’s going to happen is no one will want to become a officer. Then in large cities crime will go way up. And don’t bring up Camden NJ. They doubled their police force and now there are police all over that area. They just couldn’t afford more officers so disbanding them got rid of the union pay. Then hired twice as many for less and now they are union again.

I wish people would have honest discussions when it comes to police, racism and everything. But honestly the politicians that have been running the cities that are burning down are the real problem. But to many people believe it’s whatever the media claims this week is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpHawk

Reaction score
So he was high on meth and fought cops? Sounds like he would probably be alive today had he made the decision to not do either of those things. The moment I ever decide to fight a cop, I consider my life forfeit. If I were to wrestle the officers sidearm away from him then he's likely a gonner. Yet criminals do it every day and the mob will fault police.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3qhskzb7 said:
"especially when police officers are being murdered at an insane rate since this the Floyd incident."
My family has been involved in law enforcement for decades, from squirrel sheriff to sheriff, to campus cop, to highway patrol, to government agents. I know very well there are many wonderful officers who take "protect and serve" to heart. I also know there are way too many who use that shield as a tool for abuse of authority to further their personal biases and/or perversions.
There is good and bad in all peoples, but that is no excuse for not striving for improvement by weeding the garden. We definitely have some weeding to do in this country.

You either get your news from people who don't want you to know about it or you haven't been paying attention.

Smellyman

Reaction score
TAB420":1ehyi5zh said:
TreeRon":1ehyi5zh said:

Not remotely true

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
peppersjap":3b2katgf said:

This right here is the issue. Murder isn't a political issue.

How anyone of sound mind and character could possibly think this is an appropriate response to a man who had a friend killed escapes my grasp. It reeks of a complete lack of empathy, which uh... kind of proves what everyone is saying, lol.

Also, this isn't Seahawks.net International Airport. No need to announce your departure. Maybe one day we'll all be able to return to adult discourse where we just leave without having a big "Look at me!" tantrum over it when we get personally offended, but that seems less likely by the day.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
OpHawk":2gk3eqdx said:
Appyhawk":2gk3eqdx said:

You either get your news from people who don't want you to know about it or you haven't been paying attention.

:lol: I will readily admit to not spending an inordinate amount of time glued to a TV set, or a computer screen, and when I do I certainly do not restrict that time to Faux networks. I also make every attempt to not rush to judgement in any case, and I do not ignore facts.
That there are included on the roles of employed police officers some who shouldn't be is a provable fact. That those individuals are not a majority figures to be a certainty. That certain aspects of police training are questionable seems obvious to anyone who does not ignore facts. That most police/public interactions are resolved satisfactorily is IMO indisputable.
It is also my opinion there are certain ENTIRELY unqualified individuals in a position to issue orders that police forces are obliged to follow. That is never an optimal situation for police or public.

TAB420

Reaction score
Smellyman":3cba9vdd said:
TAB420":3cba9vdd said:
TreeRon":3cba9vdd said:

Not remotely true

Which part? My statistics were taking directly from the 2017-2018, FBI collected assault data statistics from 12,198 law enforcement agencies that employed 596,604 officers. These officers provided service to more than 269.6 million people, or 82.8 percent of the nation’s population.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I see the true culprit as three things (as someone who spent years as a criminal defense attorney):
1. The Police Unions. The unions have gone so far to protect bad cops for so long it takes an act of God to remove a bad one. Little true accountability until now except for a few rare, extreme cases. The foot dragging on body cams was embarrassing and for a bad reason and still continues.
2. The Militarization of the Police. Shows of force (sometimes needed), overaggressive attitudes, little real day to day community involvement.,Escalating issues.
3. Many years ago the majority of police went from problem solvers to mass arresters. Get drunk at a bar and WALK home instead of driving (good choice) then get arrested for public drunkenness.

Some real change is needed.

olyfan63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":et4p2jdn said:
I see the true culprit as three things (as someone who spent years as a criminal defense attorney):
1. The Police Unions. The unions have gone so far to protect bad cops for so long it takes an act of God to remove a bad one. Little true accountability until now except for a few rare, extreme cases. The foot dragging on body cams was embarrassing and for a bad reason and still continues.
2. The Militarization of the Police. Shows of force (sometimes needed), overaggressive attitudes, little real day to day community involvement.,Escalating issues.
3. Many years ago the majority of police went from problem solvers to mass arresters. Get drunk at a bar and WALK home instead of driving (good choice) then get arrested for public drunkenness.

Some real change is needed.

Thanks for this post, and re-orienting the discussion a bit, with point #3.
It's also become too much about money and revenue.

TreeRon

Reaction score
OpHawk":1frvkv29 said:
So he was high on meth and fought cops? Sounds like he would probably be alive today had he made the decision to not do either of those things. The moment I ever decide to fight a cop, I consider my life forfeit. If I were to wrestle the officers sidearm away from him then he's likely a gonner. Yet criminals do it every day and the mob will fault police.

High on meth ? So says a police spokesman. Let's wait and hear an unbiased report.
As per the 75 year old guy in Buffalo stumbled according to the initial police report. We all saw him pushed, not stumble. (Now he's an AntiFa provocateur and was faking it according to our President and OAN).