Runs in the Family - Sherman Smith story

ivotuk

Reaction score
This story is from 2018, but I'd never heard it before, maybe other's will enjoy it also

Kansas City Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough went searching for his biological parents. He found them where he never would have expected.

No one outside of her immediate family and her cousin Robin knew about the baby. Only when she was preparing to sign the adoption papers did Briggs consider sharing the news with the father, a teenage fling who had gone off to college before she discovered she was pregnant. She ultimately decided against it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... rch-family

ALSO

[youtube]7WrNmnOgKd8[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I love...No, I LOVE STORIES LIKE THIS.....Tim McGraw finding out his Daddy was none other than HIS BOYHOOD IDOL >TUG McGraw<...This is some really feel good s#*t !!

springscohawk

Reaction score
Ivotuk, thank you so much for posting this. I had never heard this story. Should be made into a movie.

How his coach and mentor ends up being his father is miraculous.

Reminds me a little of movie, "August Rush" when boy meets his father and they play guitar together but don't know they are father and son.

Sherman Smith was my favorite RB as a kid watching him at the kingdome.

Nice to know more of his and his sons story.

Passepartout

Reaction score
As an adopted perseon myself what an amazing story. But I consider my parents who have adopted me my real parents. Maybe one day I will look but it would be very emotional there. But still thanks for sharing.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It's a great story!
Sherman was my football coach at Redmond High.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Deland is a terrific RB coach. We were bummed when he left USC, though he obviously was ready to coach in the NFL.

springscohawk

Reaction score
Connected to another recent thread....How about Russell and Ciara producing a movie about Deland McCullough y with Seattle Seahawk favorite Sherman Smith? Maybe Deland and Sherman could star in their own movie? Or Jamie Foxx playing Sherman or Deland?.