Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats my line ?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Whats my line ?
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 pm
  • The 2020 Seattle Seahawks are starting this season with a bunch of new faces, and no mimi camps or OTA's this should have all of us a little worried. Other than the veteran Duany Brown T this line will take time to gel.Will Hunt get the start at center or maybe it will be one of the newcomers, with Britt and Fluker gone it opens up a new can of worms about the lack of continuity of experience for the first quarter of the season.

ON DEFENSE start the two rookies at DE, yes, Taylor and Robinson,they can't do any worse then our 2019 crew. DT well all I can say nows is thank god we have Reed.

Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Whats my line ?
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:51 pm
  • It's going to be interesting to say the least. But all the teams are likely to be scrambling last minute to get ready. I could see some sloppy football the first couple games. And I don't see any way they play more than 2 pre-season games. And wouldn't be shocked if they have no pre-season. Say they have 2, that makes for some tough decisions, let alone deciding how much to play the vets vs. the rookies etc. But you're right, the line is going to be an interesting transition to say the least. Especially with how many lineman they have on the team currently, let alone new guys.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm
  • I really doubt the team is done acquiring DLine players for this upcoming season. I believe there could be a name or two added to the group on the edge and in the middle.

The OLine is going to be interesting to watch to see if there are guys here who can play. I'm not sad to see Ifedi move on and suspect our new rookie RG will be fun to watch and better than many expect. There will be sharp competition for OC and LG spots while the LT is a solid fixture.

We could be quite happy with what is fielded.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:51 pm
  • OL just 2 from last season ---3 new ?
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:57 pm
  • Great thread title Chalker.
    I have no answer for what our line will turn out to be this year. I just hope Russ survives. OR runs like he!!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:47 pm
  • It looks like the excuses are already being preloaded for when the poor draft choices and journeymen FAs fall on their faces this years. Kudos on the head start.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:13 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:It looks like the excuses are already being preloaded for when the poor draft choices and journeymen FAs fall on their faces this years. Kudos on the head start.

Uhhh yeah, that's why they are journeymen.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:45 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:It looks like the excuses are already being preloaded for when the poor draft choices and journeymen FAs fall on their faces this years. Kudos on the head start.

Yep, as ever little faith by those who are repetitively negative.

I’d prefer to wait and watch there could be some pleasant surprises.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 am
  • Misery loves company I guess. Meh, waste of energy. Let it play out Deb.....
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:49 am
  • O-Line definitely needs a LOT of practice together to get comfortable and smooth passing off defenders and getting the blocking schemes correct. A shortened training camp and preseason will definitely be a big issue for any team that is significantly changing O-Line from 2019. This will be especially true if they are changing the center, who generally adjusts the protection.
    QuickLightning
    NET Starter

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:37 am
  • I personally like the churn on the OL. Our last bunch was known and not going to get any better. This new batch should perform similarly, but with unknown upside. We need somebody besides Brown to "get it", then we can fill the gaps. Right now we're trying to build a fence with only one post...

DL is a different story. Depth is almost as important as quality. I like our depth at end (which diminishes Clowney's value), but we're thin on the interior. The interior DL is the only position group that worries me.
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:It looks like the excuses are already being preloaded for when the poor draft choices and journeymen FAs fall on their faces this years. Kudos on the head start.

Yep, as ever little faith by those who are repetitively negative.

I’d prefer to wait and watch there could be some pleasant surprises.

And no accountability for those that are the sunshine pumpers. "Trust PC" and a boat load of excuses instead of a "I was wrong we should have taken Chubb over Penny" or "Yes, Ziggy Ansah was one of the biggest wastes of money ever". Just excuses.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:47 am
  • All the teams are in the same boat.
    It will actually make it more interesting
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information