Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Covid-19 Helmets

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Covid-19 Helmets
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:52 pm
  • I'm on my phone and so am having a difficult time linking the pictures, but I've started to hear rumblings about special covid-19 helmets that may be used this season for precautionary use.

Any creative artists want to entertain us with some "prototype" covid-19 Seahawk helmet mock-ups? You know, with an excessive face-shield and the like? This could be fun :mrgreen:
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Re: Covid-19 Helmets
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:17 pm
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:05 pm
  • Fauci saying NFL wont happen.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Don't know how good it would be for the QB or other players calling plays.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-covid-19 ... 00842.html

That's actually kind of badass. You're right, though, QB's probably wouldn't like it for the restricted visibility, but I like the absence of a facemask. I've often wondered why they haven't gone to a more one-piece assembly like these.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:39 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Fauci saying NFL wont happen.

I have been saying this since the onset. No contact sports of any kind in 2020. That’s why I have it set in my mind that I will not see any football at all.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am
  • I dig it...
    Attachments
    covidhelmet.jpg
    covidhelmet.jpg (63.43 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 am
  • No contact sports? UFC is already up and running. NHL small groups are on the ice. Jiu Jitsu gyms are already fully re-opened, and our tournaments are being scheduled. Fauci can say what he wants, but he has no authority to stop the NFL from having a season, and the US appetite for shutting down is pretty sated.

Now, there may be no fans in attendance, but, barring an overwhelming resurgence of da Rona, there will be an NFL season.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:51 am
  • I think that Dr Fauci is getting less and less scientific and more and more in love with what he perceives as power and celebrity. IMHO.

Also, riding a motorcycle is way more dangerous than The Rona, and I don't wear that much of a helmet when I'm riding.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:52 am
  • To NASCARish looking for me. Beside its to radical of a change for the players to get use to.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:22 am
  • Fauci has long been about consolidating, and retaining power. He has spent 35 years as the director of the NIAID, and he has been smart enough to refuse appointment to the NIH directorship. As NIH director, he would have more power, but is too likely to be replaced by incoming administrations.

I think he is bemused by the celebrity status, but I'm not sure he is actively seeking it out. He has always been one to kind of keep his head down and out of the crossfire.

He's a smart scientist, but not a public policy wonk. His recommendations tend to be scientifically correct, but ignore the practical limitations on implementing the policies he suggests.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:13 am
  • The difference is that riding a motorcycle doesn't kill the person behind you in the checkout line.
    chrispy
    NET Starter

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:38 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Fauci saying NFL wont happen.

Guess it's too bad Fauci really has no damn control over that.. nor do I care about his numb nut opinion.
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 am
  • chrispy wrote:The difference is that riding a motorcycle doesn't kill the person behind you in the checkout line.

Nor does friggen Covid....
    balakoth
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:43 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:I think that Dr Fauci is getting less and less scientific and more and more in love with what he perceives as power and celebrity. IMHO.

Also, riding a motorcycle is way more dangerous than The Rona, and I don't wear that much of a helmet when I'm riding.

Really?...So there's been more than 117,000 U.S. bikers killed in less than 6 months?
    I'm in no way shape or form, a Fauci fan, but I like that he's using his expertise in the field to INFORM, rather than blow smoke up everyone's @$$es, like our NON-EXPERT POTUS.
    I've been telling my wife for over a month now, that I think it's possible that they could come up with a mask, similar to the ones that are worn by aircraft pilots.
    Bottom line for me though?, I'd rather pass on watching Football this year, if it meant that the risks were too high.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:35 pm
  • Whelp SeahawkGal. The Niners just disclosed they had a positive wideout. The number of players affected? No less than 15. Their whole QB, TE and wideout room.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/6/19/ ... -nashville

So let's say they're playing the Hawks. Now there's potentially 30 players who have to undergo any league or NFLPA mandated quarantine.

I do not know how the NFL/NFLPA will handle this with 108 guys at any one game but until they come up with guidelines that the public has access to, I'm with you.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:30 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:No contact sports? UFC is already up and running. NHL small groups are on the ice. Jiu Jitsu gyms are already fully re-opened, and our tournaments are being scheduled. Fauci can say what he wants, but he has no authority to stop the NFL from having a season, and the US appetite for shutting down is pretty sated.

Now, there may be no fans in attendance, but, barring an overwhelming resurgence of da Rona, there will be an NFL season.

Right, except an NFL team has 53 on the primary roster, a practice squad, plus guys rehabbing.

This time of year that's about 90 guys.

Add support staff, and we're talking easily 150 people at the VMAC on a given practice day.

UFC events involve a few dozen people, at most, and training can happen in small groups.

NHL as you note only has small groups doing things.

I just think there's a really really really huge difference when you look at the number of people involved with a given football team, and the extended close contact, both in training and in events.

NBA has 12 man rosters, so roughly 1/4th of a typical NFL roster.

MLB has 25 man rosters, and quite a few of those guys won't see action on a given day, so they could even play games with something like 12 or 15 man rosters. So call that 1/2 or 1/3rd.

When you look at the way the virus spreads, it's significant that the number of people is dramatically less. Having 1/4th of the number of people involved (NBA) might mean that the odds of transmission are 1/20th as much, or even more.

I haven't even started talking about the fact that NFL has 22 players (two teams) on the field at a time, all of which can come in close proximity on any given play, vs NBA having 10 players, vs MLB having a similar player count but usually only the catcher and batter at the plate are in close proximity.

These are ALL very different things.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:23 am
  • With the NHL/MLB/college football info (also heard positives at Alabama and University of Houston among others) it is difficult to see how close contact sports involving hundreds of players plus staff plus contractors can go on, even without fans.

I think if the NFL wants these games to be played, they have to do an XFL and have a couple teams bubbled up, on perpetual quarantine, and ready to play if in fact two teams have to NFI 30 guys total after one game. Which could happen.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:31 am
  • chrispy wrote:The difference is that riding a motorcycle doesn't kill the person behind you in the checkout line.

Neither does Covid19 if that person adheres to the guidelines of hand washing, no face touching, wearing a mask him/herself, and distancing.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:01 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    chrispy wrote:The difference is that riding a motorcycle doesn't kill the person behind you in the checkout line.

Neither does Covid19 if that person adheres to the guidelines of hand washing, no face touching, wearing a mask him/herself, and distancing.

Wrong, it reduces the chance of infection, people adhere to those things and some are still getting infected somehow despite following everything.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:02 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:
    chrispy wrote:The difference is that riding a motorcycle doesn't kill the person behind you in the checkout line.

Wrong, it reduces the chance of infection, people adhere to those things and some are still getting infected somehow despite following everything.

Key word there is >SOME<, Can y'all imagine how that virus would spread if they didn't take ANY precautions?...t'would go ape$#it.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:05 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Key word there is >SOME<, Can y'all imagine how that virus would spread if they didn't take ANY precautions?...t'would go ape$#it.

Was responding to the absolutes aspect, type of mask, whether it is clean wearing it correctly etc all play into this stuff. People wearing made at homes or masks that are cheap or made from a place that are not certified have been found to allow the spread because of the layers, or the lack of a tight cluster of the fabric that allows smaller molecules in.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm
  • I just want to see Antonio Brown's response if he gets reinstated and then they show him one of these. :)
    Torc
    NET Rookie

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:00 pm
  • Are you sure your CHAZ overlords would allow games even if the NFL permits them?
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:19 pm
  • Look pretty cool, like Storm Trooper helmets. And much like Storm Troopers, QBs wearing them wouldn't be able to hit anything.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:09 am
  • This is just providing the illusion of a safety.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information