Your choice for $20 million

TreeRon

Reaction score
Would you rather Jamal Adams or Jadeveon Clowney.
For me if I gotta pay $20K I'd go with Clowney as I think that position the more impotant.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If Clowney were offered $20M/year he'd already be signed.

I'm guessing that he's unlikely to see north of $14M/year.

Regardless, I'd spend it on Clowney and forego Adams.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
None of them @$20 million/year.

Of the two players I’d rather have Clowney. He was a good fit here even if he didn’t get many sacks he got pressures and was strong holding the edge against the run.

Every team that has one of these $20 mil./yr. players except a few QBs has caused their respective team at times to wonder why they overpaid for the services of that player.

The agents for a few of these guys scored big with their player’s deals, but except for a few really rare cases those players have not played to the value of their contract.

xray

Reaction score
These modern day players / entertainers are ruining pro-sports with greediness . The Hawks don't need either of those guys . Nope to both . IMO

poly1274

Reaction score
xray":3acazmpv said:
These modern day players / entertainers are ruining pro-sports with greediness . The Hawks don't need either of those guys . Nope to both . IMO

Seahawks have 2 big holes that they need to fix.

1. Pass rush
2. CB's.

and unless they fix it, they won't win a SB.

Also greediness ? Look at how much they paid for RW's salary or BW.

Smellyman

Reaction score
TreeRon":2pm8u2il said:
For me if I gotta pay $20K I'd go with Clowney as I think that position the more impotant.

Sigh me up for $20k too!

Seriously though Clowney would be more impactful, Especially if Dunbar is good to go. I really like the idea of rushing with fresh legs in waves with Irvin/Mayowa/Taylor/Robinson/Green etc. But having a Clowney who can rest more too and put a little more fear in OCs would be huge.

pay him $12-13M though

poly1274

Reaction score
Smellyman":1pn9mli1 said:
TreeRon":1pn9mli1 said:

Sigh me up for $20k too!

Seriously though Clowney would be more impactful, Especially if Dunbar is good to go. I really like the idea of rushing with fresh legs in waves with Irvin/Mayowa/Taylor/Robinson/Green etc. But having a Clowney who can rest more too and put a little more fear in OCs would be huge.

pay him $12-13M though

More like 15mill and they shouldn't go any higher.

One main problem is that Clowney only does well lining up as DT/NT position.

JGreen79

Reaction score
poly1274":1190xmtg said:
Smellyman":1190xmtg said:
TreeRon":1190xmtg said:

Sigh me up for $20k too!

pay him $12-13M though

I actually thought having him at DE and Griffin rushing from the other side was the best pash rush we had all year. Clowney was great no mattet whete he lined up. The rest of the line was the problem.

poly1274

Reaction score
JGreen79":xdsq844l said:
poly1274":xdsq844l said:
Smellyman":xdsq844l said:
TreeRon":xdsq844l said:

Sigh me up for $20k too!

pay him $12-13M though

I actually thought having him at DE and Griffin rushing from the other side was the best pash rush we had all year. Clowney was great no mattet whete he lined up. The rest of the line was the problem.

Look at videos when he was at Houston or even when he was playing at Seattle he sucked at the edge.
I remember he was killing Seattle when Houston v Seattle and we couldnt run the ball.

Griffen-Clowney-Reed-Irvin looks nice.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You would think that a Clowney deal would have happened by now. Either the Hawks do not want Clowney enough, Clowney doesn't want the Hawks enough, or both.

Clowney is free to shop himself. We're a little less free to wait around while he does that. If Adams comes available I would pick Adams and move on with it.

poly1274

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2t74vue3 said:
You would think that a Clowney deal would have happened by now. Either the Hawks do not want Clowney enough, Clowney doesn't want the Hawks enough, or both.

Clowney is free to shop himself. We're a little less free to wait around while he does that. If Adams comes available I would pick Adams and move on with it.

I believe he's looking for a long term deal like 4-5 year contract, and Seattle is giving him a 1 year prove it deal. Longer contract because of this covid could be a possibility.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
poly1274":uubu2tne said:
SantaClaraHawk":uubu2tne said:

I believe he's looking for a long term deal like 4-5 year contract, and Seattle is giving him a 1 year prove it deal. Longer contract because of this covid could be a possibility.

Four to five is wildly optimistic considering Clowney's injury history. But he was the top guy on the line when available and did contribute to several important wins last year.

I don't blame Clowney for looking around for more money or a more long-term deal than we might want to give him. But we can't just wait around until TC either. If Clowney goes elsewhere and by that time Adams is off the block, it limits our defensive choices more than when at least we just had Clowney.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
poly1274":1c4d2d2w said:
As long as Griffen is still FA there is always a choice.

This assumes all our decisions aren't predetermined through set chemical reactions we have formed from our genetics and preceding life experiences. I.E. if people choose to do a certain action.. but that choice is made on a feeling.. and that feeling isn't chosen but made from aspects of our genes and previous experiences.. then is it really a choice?

In other words, there might not be a choice in how to best spend our remaining money available for free agents... because there may be no such thing as a choice.

Also, Clowney wouldn't cost any draft picks.

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm taking Adams all day given the choice.

I don't agree with those that argue that not only would we have to give up draft choices but a large contract extension as well. You have to do that for superstars even if you are the team that originally drafted that player.

This team needs to be in win now mode. Russ isn't getting any younger.

A top secondary helps the pass rush immensely.

JGreen79

Reaction score
poly1274":q3ifkhzm said:
JGreen79":q3ifkhzm said:
poly1274":q3ifkhzm said:
Smellyman":q3ifkhzm said:
Sigh me up for $20k too!

pay him $12-13M though

Look at videos when he was at Houston or even when he was playing at Seattle he sucked at the edge.
I remember he was killing Seattle when Houston v Seattle and we couldnt run the ball.

Griffen-Clowney-Reed-Irvin looks nice.

Most of his impact plays came at DE last year.

[youtube]9hPsqtQPe5I[/youtube]

Reaction score
Adams is the much better player, there's no real question about that, and even if he became the hgihest paid safety in the league, you've got Mathieu on $14m, Earl just under that, let's say he cost $15m per year, he's a better signing than Clowney.

Clowney wasn't exceptional last year by any means, he had a couple of great games and that's it. I'd rather made a strong secondary into, by far, the best in the league than sign a high priced DE who barely gets any sacks.

Not only is Adams the better player, he gets more sacks too, so he could help out our DLine by playing that role, even more aggressively than he currently does. The defence would be better with Adams, the only area we'd really miss Clowney would be in the pass rush, but if you're Shanahan, would you rather face a Seahawks team with Clowney or Jamal Adams? It's not a difficult choice.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
You're right Bolton. It's not a difficult choice. Choosing Adams is like spending the last of your money and part of your next year's salary) buying an upgrade for a slightly worn rear tire when you've got two flats on the front.