Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some good news regarding the Flash

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Some good news regarding the Flash
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm
  • https://heavy.com/sports/2020/06/seahaw ... nt-rumors/

Who knows for sure, I'm sure there's a long way to go but it's been rather dreary and was some what happy to see this.

His presence on the field with Lockett and Metcalf and Dorsett will be a formidable set of receivers... lets go Hawks!
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Re: Some good news regarding the Flash
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 am
  • I'm a LOT happy to see stuff like this. Get Gordon back and a favorable outcome with Clowney and we're about as ready to rumble as we can be.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:24 pm
  • Gordon was one of my favorite players. I knew something was up after Carolina when he wouldn't even talk to the local media, which he does frequently.

I don't think anything having to do with MJ should have even been on his record. AFAIK it should come off anyone's record. All NFL players are in, or travel to, areas where MJ is just as easy and legal as going to a bar.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:44 pm
  • I can admit that I like to watch games with a good buzz . So what is a player is feeling no pain ...as long as he makes the catch. In the words of Nancy Reagan..." Just Say Yo " . Drive safely.
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:20 am
  • Feels like a given he ends up back with the Hawks. He clearly has made no secret he wants to be back. Would be a great addition to get him back on the field. Makes the team better at that position immediately.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:01 am
  • I want no part of this. At what point does he let you down again with childish behavior?
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:16 am
  • Tical21 wrote:I want no part of this. At what point does he let you down again with childish behavior?

Not sure what you mean by childish behavior? He has problems with pot, which is basically a non issue with the new rules. He's never been a locker room problem.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:I want no part of this. At what point does he let you down again with childish behavior?

Not sure what you mean by childish behavior? He has problems with pot, which is basically a non issue with the new rules. He's never been a locker room problem.

I'm going to guess he has ongoing issues with more than just pot. He's said himself he's had issues with codeine, alcohol, and xanax in the past.

Since then, he's been suspended multiple times. For privacy issues, the NFL cannot come out and say what the substance abuse or PED use was, so players can tell the public it was just pot or adderall use and the NFL cannot correct their statement. Heck, the league probably wouldn't want to even if they could. It's easier for the public to accept substance abuse of pot than other more hardcore drugs.

Also, from reports I've heard, include the Seahawks PR, Gordan last suspension was for both Substance Abuse AND PEDs, when the 1st five suspensions was solely substance abuse, so it's not just substance abuse he's working through.

Gordan has some issues to work through and though he might not be a "locker room problem" you have to actually be in the locker room to make a difference, not suspended sitting at home. FWIW, I'm 50-50 on wanting him back. Obviously he's a talented player, but he's hard to rely on for an entire season.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:46 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:I want no part of this. At what point does he let you down again with childish behavior?

Does it matter? If he works out we have a great addition, if he doesn't work out with his "childish behavior" then we have lost nothing and no better than we were without him..

Really, it's a win win situation for us.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:51 pm
  • Just speculation but the PED portion of his last suspension may well have been due to a masking agent he was using to hide the pot. That would automatically be a PED failure.

I just don't think I would consider anything he has done to be "childish" and since pot is basically a non issue now, his chances of being suspended again would drop significantly.

But even if he does end up getting suspended again, the guy will come cheap, low risk, high reward.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:33 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Just speculation but the PED portion of his last suspension may well have been due to a masking agent he was using to hide the pot. That would automatically be a PED failure.

I just don't think I would consider anything he has done to be "childish" and since pot is basically a non issue now, his chances of being suspended again would drop significantly.

But even if he does end up getting suspended again, the guy will come cheap, low risk, high reward.

I agree that calling substance abuse and addiction "childish" is uncalled for.

I get the idea of low risk, high reward, but every move comes with an opportunity cost. Last year it was Gary Jennings, this year who knows?

Before anybody says, Gary Jennings was a bust, he was still just a rookie who is now getting some good reviews on his off-season training:

"On receiver Gary Jennings, a 2019 fourth-round pick of Seattle who was claimed off waivers by Miami last November but sustained a season-ending shoulder injury in his first game for the Dolphins:

Last Friday, “it was like old school college seven-on-seven out here, and he put on a clinic. His routes were outstanding. We’re talking about two straight hours going against some of the top defensive backs in this league.

“He was a 4.3 guy [at West Virginia] and is still a 4.3 guy. I had All Pro cornerbacks on those fields [last Friday], and they said he’s the real deal. All he needs is a shot. He has all the skills to be big time.”
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamih ... 37301.html
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:56 pm
  • I got to see Jennings play college ball multiple times and he performed admirably on a consistent basis. So I had high hopes for him as a Seahawk and was very disappointed when that didn't pan out. I saw him as a young talent who could do what Gordon does. But Gordon proved it for his limited showings while for some reason Jennings didn't. I wouldn't at all mind having Jennings back for another shot, but I positively want to see Gordon back to do what he did for us but without the limited showing part.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:05 pm
  • There is currently a block on signing free agents because of the possibility of the 2021 cap decreasing, (which would happen if games went ahead without fans in the stadium).

If Gordon is reinstated and he can sign with a team he will still be subject to the strenuous NFL substance testing policy. The level of alcohol permitted by that policy is zero. Gordon has already failed 2 tests due to alcohol.

Personally i'm tired of the in-season ban followed by offseason plea for re-instatement cycle.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:43 pm
  • flv wrote:There is currently a block on signing free agents because of the possibility of the 2021 cap decreasing, (which would happen if games went ahead without fans in the stadium).

If Gordon is reinstated and he can sign with a team he will still be subject to the strenuous NFL substance testing policy. The level of alcohol permitted by that policy is zero. Gordon has already failed 2 tests due to alcohol.

Personally i'm tired of the in-season ban followed by offseason plea for re-instatement cycle.

Sure, but what would you have them do? Just fade away?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:35 am
  • Look at his talent alone. He RARELY drops the ball, and makes it look very easy. I still think people forget how good this guy is. Especially his ceiling as a WR.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 am
  • True Soul. But there's more than just skill level. He is a good guy who has good intentions and has never been a problem to those around him...just to himself. I believe he's gaining enough maturity to have a good chance of getting all that stuff sorted out in terms of understanding responsibility for your priorities. If football and success are his priority he will understand what he has to do to protect that. That will make him an even better player than he's ever been. Maybe being in the NW has provided the discovery of affinity for natural beauty, and that has helped instill a realization of what his priorities are. I think this time, given all the peripheral circumstances, he has a good shot to make it good. And if he does he can make us VERY good.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:49 pm
  • No doubt, everything you hear about him is that he's a great teammate, that matters a hell of a lot.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Look at his talent alone. He RARELY drops the ball, and makes it look very easy. I still think people forget how good this guy is. Especially his ceiling as a WR.

I like him, but I don't know how much of a "ceiling" he has left. 2012 was a long, long time ago. The flashes of eliteness havn't been especially frequent since, even when he does play.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:55 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Sure, but what would you have them do? Just fade away?

How about at least a 12 month ban? The guy failed a test in December 2018 and despite numerous previous failed tests he was allowed to play Week 1 of the 2019 season. He failed another test in December 2019 and now he wants to be back for Week 1 of 2020? He shouldn't be eligible to re-apply until December 2020, at the earliest, (and thus he would be excluded until the 2021 season). It's getting to the point where it's cheaper to be busted for drugs than it is to hold out on a contract.

Later edit: Technically, or at least according to Wikipedia, in December 2018 he violated the terms of his conditional reinstatement. That could mean he didn't turn up for tests, (whilst he was dealing with other issues), rather than outright fail a test.
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Look at his talent alone. He RARELY drops the ball, and makes it look very easy. I still think people forget how good this guy is. Especially his ceiling as a WR.

I like him, but I don't know how much of a "ceiling" he has left. 2012 was a long, long time ago. The flashes of eliteness havn't been especially frequent since, even when he does play.

Steve Largent never flashed eliteness..short, slow, yet somehow at one point in the history of NFL, he led the league in all the stats that mattered. Gordon may have lost a step or so, but, I'm betting he can still run routes and catch the ball, plus that added receiver with benefits everyone covets.... he's tall and big.and that won't go away.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:13 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Look at his talent alone. He RARELY drops the ball, and makes it look very easy. I still think people forget how good this guy is. Especially his ceiling as a WR.

Steve Largent never flashed eliteness..short, slow, yet somehow at one point in the history of NFL, he led the league in all the stats that mattered. Gordon may have lost a step or so, but, I'm betting he can still run routes and catch the ball, plus that added receiver with benefits everyone covets.... he's tall and big.and that won't go away.

The difference is that Gordon DID flash eliteness, but we havn't seen it in a long, long time. Could it come back? Maybe, as he is a physical freak and doesn't have much tread on his tires. It'd be unprecedented if he did recapture that Browns All-Pro form after this much time though, or at the very least, I can't think of any precedence. I'm not a machine, but I feel like if it wasn't extremely uncommon, I'd at least be able to come up with a few.

I don't disagree with your comment. I'm not saying Gordon is awful; he's certainly talented, and appears to mesh well with his teammates here. My comment was a response to Soulfish's raving about Gordon's "ceiling".
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:53 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    Rat wrote:

The difference is that Gordon DID flash eliteness, but we havn't seen it in a long, long time. Could it come back? Maybe, as he is a physical freak and doesn't have much tread on his tires. It'd be unprecedented if he did recapture that Browns All-Pro form after this much time though, or at the very least, I can't think of any precedence. I'm not a machine, but I feel like if it wasn't extremely uncommon, I'd at least be able to come up with a few.

I don't disagree with your comment. I'm not saying Gordon is awful; he's certainly talented, and appears to mesh well with his teammates here. My comment was a response to Soulfish's raving about Gordon's "ceiling".

I understand, I'm just saying, with his ability as it is now, he could very well be to us, what Largent was to us back then, a clutch, route running receiver. By no means am I saying he's a Largent, but, a kin to Largent in what skill set he brought us.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:17 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Just speculation but the PED portion of his last suspension may well have been due to a masking agent he was using to hide the pot. That would automatically be a PED failure.

I'll have to search again for the link, but I read that he got popped for PED because his pee was too dilute. It could be dilute because he drank a lot of water and/or took OTC or prescription diuretics, none of which are themselves controlled substances and none of which, in themselves, affect football. There is no weight category in football.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:06 am
  • Yeah, that's what I was doing. I was raving about it :?
    He's all of 29 and we have seen what he can do when the ball comes his way. God forbid someone has an opinion on a message board.
    It never ends on here, and another example of why I barely post anything these days.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information