Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key stat shows why Seahawks’ Russell Wilson is an elite QB

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Veilside wrote:
    BirdsCommaAngry wrote:I identify as a Seahawks fan who exists in a timeline where Aaron Rodgers won multiple Super Bowls in 2010 (with "multiple" being much more than the single title Russel Wilson managed to eek out against the Broncos). Are you suggesting I don't exist?


    I think they are suggesting that you might like it better back in your own timeline where the things you say actually make sense.


    not time line, his own alternate reality!!
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2845
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Veilside wrote:I think they are suggesting that you might like it better back in your own timeline where the things you say actually make sense.


    It's not my timeline. It's our timeline! We're on this journey together (Aaron Rodgers championships and Russel Wilson championship and all).
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1175
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm


  • Lesson to all.

    Don't try refilling your THC cartridges with crap.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 am


  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Lesson to all.

    Don't try refilling your THC cartridges with crap.


    I wouldn't be so quick to think that's their issue though. Like so many other societal issues, the reactions of some posters here are likely related to some form of poverty. This is perhaps why they're so keen to undermine the accomplishments of others.
    Last edited by BirdsCommaAngry on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1175
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm


  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:
    Veilside wrote:I think they are suggesting that you might like it better back in your own timeline where the things you say actually make sense.


    It's not my timeline. It's our timeline! We're on this journey together (Aaron Rodgers championships and Russel Wilson championship and all).


    Except in our reality the FACTS show Rodgers had 1 championship. Just like Wilson.

    Whatever reality your living in you should stay in it. Oh and tell the easter bunny hi.
    Last edited by John63 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2845
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys all hug together on a thread like this :lol: :lol: :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5450
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • John63 wrote:Except in our reality the FACTS show Rodgers had 1 championship. Just like Wilson.

    Whatever reality your living in you should stay in it. Oh and tell the easter bunny hi.


    Your perception isn't a camera providing a mostly exact recreation of reality. It's more like a sketch artist using bits of information from the senses to recreate reality into a fucntioning perception in your mind. There are studies suggesting there are a bunch of the ways our perceptions can become very inaccurate. For example, there's a study suggesting hills can be made to seem steeper by increasing the weight of someone's backpack. There are other studies on conformity suggesting that lines of differing lengths can be made to seem more similar if you're in a group and your group mates all agree that the lines they're being shown are the same length.

    I'm living in the same reality you are. In this reality, perceptual errors occur all the time and in ways we're still only beginning to understand. Therefore, the number of championships you perceive Aaron Rodgers and Russel Wilson to have won is just that: a perception. As a perception, it's governed by all the things that fudge our mind's interpretation of literal reality. In the fudging of your own perceptions, you've missed some of Aaron Rodger's accomplishments. By my estimation, he won about 3 championships in 2010 but there's also a distinct possibility that it's closer to 3.4 championships given his generally unmatched levels of eliteness within the NFC.
    Last edited by BirdsCommaAngry on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1175
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm


  • Again, what in the actual hell are talking about????
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15487
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:
    John63 wrote:Except in our reality the FACTS show Rodgers had 1 championship. Just like Wilson.

    Whatever reality your living in you should stay in it. Oh and tell the easter bunny hi.


    Your perception isn't a camera providing a mostly exact recreation of reality. It's more like a sketch artist using bits of information from the senses to recreate reality into a fucntioning perception in your mind. There are studies suggesting there are a bunch of the ways our perceptions can become very inaccurate. For example, there's a study suggesting hills can be made to seem steeper by increasing the weight of someone's backpack. There are other studies on conformity suggesting that lines of differing lengths can be made to seem more similar if you're in a group and your group mates all agree that the lines they're being shown are the same length.

    I'm living in the same reality you are. In this reality, perceptual errors occur all the time and in ways we're still only beginning to understand. Therefore, the number of championships you perceive Aaron Rodgers and Russel Wilson to have won is just that: a perception. As a perception, it's governed by all the things that fudge our mind's interpretation of literal reality. In the fudging of your own perceptions, you've missed some of Aaron Rodger's accomplishments. By my estimation, he won about 3 championships in 2010 but there's also a distinct possibility that it's closer to 3.4 championships given his generally unmatched levels of eliteness within the NFC.



    I think you may have clearly crossed the threshold of losing grip on reality. I agree with your analysis of perception. Perception is everything. For example, 3 hours of enjoyment at a really good football game goes a lot faster in terms of perception than a 3 hour boring drive across eastern Montana. The quantifiable measure of time is the same in both instances but the perception is different. As a teacher, the last 3 weeks of school go much slower than the last 3 weeks of summer.

    However, your perception of reality in the case of Aaron Rodgers is easily debunked by looking at the plethora of verifiable evidence that very clearly shows one Super Bowl was played and won by GB in 2010.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2360
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • I'm not sure any of us actually have a true grip on reality. As human beings, we can only perceive reality as a perception and are therefore always at least somewhat removed from reality through our perceptual limitations. Perhaps what you mean you is you think I have less of a grip on reality than the relatively lax grip on reality that you think others have (keep in mind that we're talking about being in touch with reality on a forum where members regularly where "lucky" shirts, sit in the same spot they sat during the last win, prepare the same foods as during the last win, etc.).

    If that's what you mean, then all I can say is I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers had a pretty stellar workout today and has padded his 2010 championship total to a nice, even 3.65 titles. The dude is an animal. And by "animal" I mean I'm pretty sure he's literally a tiger all hopped up on nectar from the football Gods.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1175
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm


  • BirdsCommaAngry wrote:I'm not sure any of us actually have a true grip on reality. As human beings, we can only perceive reality as a perception and are therefore always at least somewhat removed from reality through our perceptual limitations. Perhaps what you mean you is you think I have less of a grip on reality than the relatively lax grip on reality that you think others have (keep in mind that we're talking about being in touch with reality on a forum where members regularly where "lucky" shirts, sit in the same spot they sat during the last win, prepare the same foods as during the last win, etc.).

    If that's what you mean, then all I can say is I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers had a pretty stellar workout today and has padded his 2010 championship total to a nice, even 3.65 titles. The dude is an animal. And by "animal" I mean I'm pretty sure he's literally a tiger all hopped up on nectar from the football Gods.



    I hear people often say, “I want some of what you’re smoking”. In this case, I’ll pass. You’re grip on reality is looking like a one way road. Enjoy your weird perception of reality, man! As for myself, I’ll try to hover close to the generally accepted reality of the masses.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2360
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


  • oldhawkfan wrote:I hear people often say, “I want some of what you’re smoking”. In this case, I’ll pass. You’re grip on reality is looking like a one way road. Enjoy your weird perception of reality, man! As for myself, I’ll try to hover close to the generally accepted reality of the masses.


    Oh, the masses. The masses who thought Pete Carroll's coaching methods wouldn't work in the NFL? The masses who thought Russel Wilson was too short and wouldn't be successful? The masses who thought the 2013-2014 Broncos offense was unstoppable and would outscore us with ease?

    Maybe we should generally accept that nothing needs to be generally accepted.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1175
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm


  • Find me one major sports news site that has Wilson ranked behind anyone not named Pat Mahomes. Seriously.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6640
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Previous


It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online