What the Seahawks need...

Chawker

Reaction score
Is a DT!

No WR, no DB and no stinkin DE! We've got Reed who good, but we need that big guy who can protect Bobby Wagner, somebody who can produce like the sweat on a well digger arse in the hot Texas sun. And not just one down, somebody that has enough power and speed, we can DEPEND on him for all three downs and not run out of gas late in the game.

What are they thinking, that some team is going to cut one to sign AB or somebody else. Try drafting one John & Pete, NOW, theres a novel concept! Watch the Raven's and you'll began to learn what I'm talkin about.

2013 great defense's win championships. Live and learn. STOP THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

xray

Reaction score
A gr8 defense is needed when the offense is just good . When the offense is gr8 then a defense just has to be good enough . I always have believed that the games are won or lost in the trenches . Top drawer lineman on both sides of the ball are the biggest need for the Hawks this season IMO.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m of the belief we will see good things from Poona this season. Edge rush is key to my mind. I certainly don’t disagree that the team could have better depth at DT and who wouldn’t love it if the team could find another Tez. On that front that’s a once in a decade type player. I think the team needs another edge rusher. I’d love to see them re-sign Clowney or Griffin. They will add another DT late, it’s a depth need if you look at the DC.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Elite DTs aren't a cakewalk to find.

Seattle talent evaluators, college scouts need to do a better job of finding talent.

Seattle has whiffed on locating DT help for the longest time.

At least Jarran Reed still has the potential to be a very solid DT for us.

A pass rushing 3 Tech capable of playing all four downs is a unicorn.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Our defensive line is arguably the worst in the league so yes I agree.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks desperately need a run stuffer. Last off-season the thought was that they upgraded the position with adding Al Woods. However the opposite occurred. They got even worse. They ranked 22nd in the league at stopping the run. Luckily they had a good offense and thus we’re able pull through games. That’s why Woods isn’t that big of a loss, IMO. His impact didn’t improve the team any. However they do need to address the position. Ford and Reed are solid but they don’t have any depth behind them.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm not sure why PC & JS haven't drafted a DT scene that Malik McDowell debacle back in 2017-2018. That was three years ago, and why have they just giv'in up on the position in the draft or what, because they sure are acting like it.

Fords not bad but he has a small gas tank, I think I've seen him one maybe two plays in the second half of a ball game.

Start with Jordan Davis 6'6" 330 he play for the Georgia Bulldogs.

Somebody, anybody, Ford isn't the answer at the position.

Cheers

John63

Reaction score
anyone who thinks we only have 1 need is kidding themselves. We need dline and pass each. A wr. Pass blockers and a new system.

Elemas

Reaction score
I just want them to open up the offense. We definitely have some serious holes on D.

I agree that a great defensive team typically beats a great offensive team ("Defense wins championships").

But, if our current roster goes unchanged into the season, we need to unleash RW.

RW, Lockett, DK, Carson, Hyde, Dorsett, a healthy Uncle Will. Imagine a clean, non-suspended Gordon in there as well.

I don't know why they haven't focused on DT more. A "decent" one anchors a defense.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd like to see them, (even at the experience of our next years first round draft pick) ]trade for chris Jones. At least you wouldn't have to worry about drafting a Malik Mcdowell.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Great DTs are expensive.

And frankly, their impact on whether a team is successful or not is overrated.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I completely agree. Our D line is worrisome. Especially the interior, where we're basically asking to get gashed and gassed up the gut with rush heavy schemes.

Here's the top available free agent interior D linemen:

Timmy Jernigan

Marcell Dareus

Antwuan Woods

Adam Gotsis

Domata Peko

Corey Liuget

I would like to see them bring in Dareus. He's huge

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
P. Ford roll should be short yardage and goalines situation only. Which leads us back to trading for Chris Jones, hes young, so pay the man 20 mil. He's worth it.