Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has the team improved

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Has the team improved
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm
  • With the draft and free agency, do you personally believe the Seahawks have gotten better?

Improved? About the same? Worse?

How do you personally feel?

I think the offensive line has gotten better.

Everywhere else, not so sure.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Has the team improved
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm
  • Well, if all you care about is "all star" level talent, then you probably don't think so.

I think they have added mid-level talent and depth in several areas and in that way, yes, IMO the team is better. Many of our problems the last two years have been due to injuries and not having quality guys to step up when needed. In several areas, primarily in the secondary and D-line, I think the veteran help we've added plus the additional year of experience for the 1-2 year players will help a ton.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm
  • Maybe.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm
  • depth is improved hugely.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:46 pm
  • No.

They have gotten worse. No question about it.

As bad as our D was about getting any pressure imagine it without Clowney. Lol Pete might actually HAVE to let the team play offense in the first half to keep up. He’ll hate that.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 pm
  • Not really. Added a lot of names, but the OL and pass rush are still enormous question marks.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:54 pm
  • Has the team improved? So not counting improvement of existing players or rookies (because that's unknown):

QB- N/A- Not in the market
    RB- Yes. Hyde is a solid RB2
    WR- Neutral. Dorsett doesn't move the needle.
    TE- Neutral. You'd think better, but everyone has injury issues.
    OL- Worse. Lost Britt and Fluker. There are some interesting players, but unproven.
    DL- Worse. Depth may be improved on the edge, but not the middle.
    LB- Neutral. Brooks is an unknown.
    CB- Better. Assuming Dunbar plays.
    Safety- Neutral, because depth was already good.
    Special teams- Neutral. Unless they finally take Lockett off special teams (please do).

2 better
    5 neutral
    2 worse
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 pm
  • Teahawks wrote:Has the team improved? So not counting improvement of existing players or rookies (because that's unknown):

QB- N/A- Not in the market
    RB- Yes. Hyde is a solid RB2
    WR- Neutral. Dorsett doesn't move the needle.
    TE- Neutral. You'd think better, but everyone has injury issues.
    OL- Worse. Lost Britt and Fluker. There are some interesting players, but unproven.
    DL- Worse. Depth may be improved on the edge, but not the middle.
    LB- Neutral. Brooks is an unknown.
    CB- Better. Assuming Dunbar plays.
    Safety- Neutral, because depth was already good.
    Special teams- Neutral. Unless they finally take Lockett off special teams (please do).

2 better
    5 neutral
    2 worse

Simple answer is no. Main reason are both lines. Lack of legit 3 wr and till shown otherwise same old game plan.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 am
  • The trenches will have to be improved for the team as a whole to be improved . Hard to make an assessment right now .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 am
  • I think we have but not significantly. I'm also hoping to pick up a veteran DE although I think we may have found some diamonds in the rough in the draft.

I understand what Clowney brings but, I'm not so sure we're going to miss him as much as I initially thought we would.

I'm all over the place here but, if we somehow manage to grab a Everson Griffin or Adams, and *fingers crossed* get a clean Gordon back....
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:23 am
  • Better to me generally involves 3 things to me:

1. Vets improving/entering their prime
    2. 2nd year leap candidates
    3. Day 1 rookie talent

As far as Scenario 3, I really think the only one likely to impact strongly is Lewis. I am very excited about him. But as a RG, how important really is that? Also, he slots in at a position we weren't exactly hurting at (Fluker). So I don't think we're better there, although from a cap/roster/youth perspective we are.

In fact, pretty much any rookie we added, kind of just is a reloading type prospect anyway (Brooks/Taylor/Parkinson). So not really thinking improvement so much as hoping for extension of what we have/had.

2nd year leap guys. Well, I think Metcalf has a real chance to elevate his game to an entirely new level. I'm hoping that happens, and just as critically -- Pete recognizes where his pro bowl caliber talent lies and leverages that aspect. Additionally, I think one of Blair/Amadi are going to seize a position and improve it over last year. Dunbar, isn't a true 2nd year guy, but he's basically a new addition that isn't a rookie. So I'd slot him in as a significant improvement at CB. Also expect Phil Haynes to seize the LG position and really make our IOL a position of strength on this team.

Vets entering prime. Well, we don't have a lot of those. Diggs, Griffin for sure. I'd also include Poona and Reed.

I'd say we have a handful. But too many candidates have fallen out of consideration: Dissly, Penny, Clowney -- even Ifedi. Players in their 25-28 years of age bracket that have experience.

At OT, I think we are considerably worse. I believe Shell is going to make us pine for the Ifedi days. Brown is still good, but age is problematic and we have to expect sometime in the next 24 months, his ability to play at his level is going to crater.

Right now, I don't see a lot of difference makers emerging from this roster outside of Metcalf. Feels more like we just kind of treaded water.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:22 am
  • If this was a normal season, I would say:

OL is a giant question mark but looks scarily worse
    DL looks worse (Both pass rush and run defense)
    CB hopefully better (Assuming Dunbar plays)
    RB slightly worse
    WR a wash
    TE a wash/question mark
    LB question mark

Again, my biggest concern is safety and it feels we didn't do much to fix that. McDougald worries me as far as age/durability.

But it is hard to feel anything about what that means. Pretty impressed with the rest of you able to keep your excitement up. I must be in the minority just having a hard time feeling like this season will matter much.

Even if we have a regular season, it feels players will not have been able to do their typical off-season workout routines. I suspect leaguewide there will be more weird injuries and some will have impacts on who is in the playoffs. Will there even be regular games?

Maybe I am guarded, but it is surreal to be this close to August and barely able to get myself to expect much or care about training camp.

Are we going to have a regular season? Will it be truncated? Will the games all be played in certain locations like the NBA is proposing? Maybe that is veering off-topic, but it feels there is less concern about the team roster issues this year because I don't really expect much from the season anyway. Will the holes in the roster matter much if the season ends up wonky anyway?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:51 pm
  • Nope

The two biggest issues last season was OL and DL. Team actually got worse in both areas.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:29 pm
  • Offense:
    OL: at best same as last year, could be worse than last year.
    Our LT and LG are a year older, new C and RT might just be as good. Not sure about RG.

RB: Better if Carson comes back strong
    I think Hyde is as good if not better than Penny's last season, but will Carson be 100%?

WR: better
    unless Gordon comes back, we are not really better, but Metcalf could breakout.

TE: better
    If Uncle Will comes back 100% and stay healthy, but we have added depth in TE.

Defense:
    DL: hard to say, could be worse than last year.
    So many ifs, if Green, Reed, and Poona have breakout year. If Collier became useful? If the rookies can start? If the FA we signed ..... But we also lost Clowney.

LB: better

DB: better
    Flower did have his problems, especially towards the end of the season and post season. But he was having a statistically better year before the last few games.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:01 pm
  • Yes. It has reshaped itself. Gaining Irvin, Taylor, Robinson and the other guy will offset losing Clowney. Brooks is going to solidify the LB situation even more. The CB position looks more talented and deeper. DT is a concern. The OL situation is better IMO. Waiting to see what shakes out at WR. If they bring AB and Gordon to the team, without the drama, it is a big score. I'm optimistic.
    gmor
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information