What will this place be like if season cancelled

chris98251

Reaction score
Looking at the forum topics it will be abysmal, no real news, same topic going on for pages and circular in nature. The only two Forums with new stuff is the Shack which has a very new and interesting one called what is your 1st name, God Help us, Hell Buddha Help us Mo Hammad Help us someone help us.

The Politics Forum which our politicians and the Virus and the coming Election keep pumping items in to discuss and or laugh at ourselves as a country over.

Trying to think of something that will keep the juices flowing and it's hard as other sports that are attempting to start seem to be having infections ramp up also, that is not a good sign.

Thoughts?

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
chris98251":2tk6ud90 said:
Looking at the forum topics it will be abysmal, no real news, same topic going on for pages and circular in nature. The only two Forums with new stuff is the Shack which has a very new and interesting one called what is your 1st name, God Help us, Hell Buddha Help us Mo Hammad Help us someone help us.

The Politics Forum which our politicians and the Virus and the coming Election keep pumping items in to discuss and or laugh at ourselves as a country over.

Trying to think of something that will keep the juices flowing and it's hard as other sports that are attempting to start seem to be having infections ramp up also, that is not a good sign.

Thoughts?

Definitely less likely to be banished, oh wait maybe not so much ........

:lol:

seabowl

Reaction score
If the season is cancelled my blood pressure will be normal in the fall for the first time since 1984 which is when I became a :179417: fan.

xray

Reaction score
Without the NFL .NET really only has the Shack and the Politics forums . The Politics forum gets the most participation , but the topics have become redundant and stale . We definitely need football .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We could always start a 32 team Madden league in "classic franchise mode."

I'm sure EA will improve Madden with the next gen consoles :sarcasm_off:

Jville

Reaction score
My thoughts are that group think here is chained to adversarial discourse as enhanced by fiction and speculation. That narrows the forums appeal and shapes it's population.

Everyone is at liberty to explore alternatives that thrieve outside the cultural constraints of any forum. Those that find meaning in collaborative efforts are rich with choices.

Ongoing interruptions to our habits have given me opportunity and cause to rethink the use of discretionary time. On February 29th, I declared my independence by pulling the plug on television and canceling subscriptions. Liberating more of my time to invest in self directed inquiries and STEM application. The return on my adjustment to how I chose to spend discretionary time is greater confidence and better preparation for whatever adversarial events or insults may come our way.

There is a silver lining to taking advantage of interruptions .... for those open to seeing it as such.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's already a masoleum, so that's out. Not Smithsonian worthy, so just another crap site.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m more concerned with the team if the season is shutdown than the status of .net. With a shutdown of the season, would...

Pete return in 2021?
There be a 2021 draft essentially doubling the number of rookies competing for roster spots?
The percentage of older vs younger players affect the team?
We see a spring kickoff to the season based on potential vaccine?
A potential spring kickoff essentially change football to a spring sport?
An off-season of rust hasten the end to some careers?

acer1240

Reaction score
xray":12hgd2bt said:
Without the NFL .NET really only has the Shack and the Politics forums . The Politics forum gets the most participation , but the topics have become redundant and stale . We definitely need football .

Even with a season, the main forum will be a wasteland of ignorance.

The few that remain that can talk actual football are shining beacons for sure and I do appreciate them but it's generally not worth the effort to wade through all the shit to find the gems.

It's going to get worse I'm afraid.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
As long as I'm still active on here, Seahawks.NET will still be the place to be even if there is no season!

Stay tuned!

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2wffq0et said:
We could always start a 32 team Madden league in "classic franchise mode."

I'm sure EA will improve Madden with the next gen consoles :sarcasm_off:
Hahaha. Of course they will. EA is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
You guys are more in tune with exactly what's going on. Here it just seems like the league is planning on moving forward with no issues, outside of the news like what the Ravens said about season ticket holders. In general are you all pretty confident the games will happen as schedule, even if few or no fans can attend. If you were to put a percentage on it, 50% sure, 70% sure, etc?

I imagine there will be a wide range of opinions but I am curious about what people actually living there think.

As for what the site can look like, I run a CFL site and with the season already half cancelled at best and nothing to talk about it's getting grim for topics. Lots of "list your best at all positions" from various decades, updates on a potential season etc.
Other than that it's what movies / tv shows are you watching and lots people arguing over wearing masks or not.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Evaluate after the election.
Around the 2nd week of November, there just may be a big realignment of priorities.
It will for sure be interesting to see.

Latest posts