Note To Season Ticket Holders

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got this in email via Seahawks. We've decided to opt for #2.

Dear (Season Ticket Holder),

Thank you for your continued support as a valued Seahawks Season Ticket Holder. As planning continues for the 2020 season, there have been numerous reports recently speculating on the NFL schedule and stadium capacities.

We are continuing to follow all local public health, CDC and government mandates, as well as NFL policy, to ensure the safety and well-being of all of our fans, players and staff. League owners recently voted to approve that the first eight rows at each stadium will be unavailable to fans this season to allow for proper on-field distancing of our players, coaches and staff. While there is still much to be determined, we will continue to communicate with you as additional details for the season are confirmed.

In light of today’s uncertainty, we would like to offer Season Ticket Holders the option to pause season ticket membership and either request a refund for the 2020 season or keep credit on account for 2021 renewal. Please let us know your preference by completing the form below:

1. PAUSE YOUR SEASON TICKET MEMBERSHIP

-- One-year deferral + request a refund for your 2020 payment or keep credit on account for 2021 renewal.
-- This will pause your season ticket membership and your seats will be released for the 2020 season only.
-- You will retain the ability to purchase same seating location in 2021 subject to state and local public health, CDC and government mandates, as well as NFL and team policy.
-- Refunds will be applied to your most recently used card(s).
-- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your refund to be processed.

2. WAIT AND SEE

-- Keep credit on account as we confirm details and government mandates for the 2020 season.
-- No changes will be made to your season ticket membership at this time.
-- If stadium capacity or game schedule changes occur you will still have priority for ticket options.
-- Any unused credits from 2020 will roll over to 2021 season ticket renewal or, upon request, be refunded.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Let's just all face the reality there won't be any fans in the stadiums for 2020-21. If they allow any fans at all in the stadiums for 2020-21 it will be a MASSIVE mistake.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There won't be any 2020 NFL season. Book it.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Aros":1ezf7owp said:
I actually think there will be, it just won't involve fans. Way too much $$$ to lose by cancelling the season. Who knows at this point what the actual details will look like - maybe a few hub cities, less games etc., but I would bet a large amount of $$ it won't be with fans.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Guess we will see how the bush league nhl playoffs go. Players start testing positive all sports are done. Some nhl players are being spotted at busy nightclubs so that wont help in reducing odds. I'm ok with sn nfl season with no fans in attendance. Not like the cdn American border will be open for me to cross...

mikeak

Reaction score
Dallas FC already had to pull out of the MLS tournament. It will be a huge mess.

Asking these 20-30 year olds to not be out partying and be social when they have millions burning holes in their pocket is mission impossible.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":lom87ph2 said:
Aros":lom87ph2 said:
I actually think there will be, it just won't involve fans. Way too much $$$ to lose by cancelling the season. Who knows at this point what the actual details will look like - maybe a few hub cities, less games etc., but I would bet a large amount of $$ it won't be with fans.

The owners are asking the players to take pay cuts if there are no fans. I think the players will balk and that may make the MLB disagreements look like child's play by comparison.

If they can come to some arrangement, great, there might be football, but I could see it being drawn out. The NFLPA doesn't trust the owners (for good reason)...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Side note, if you choose #1 you forfeit any chance at getting 2020 tickets if they come available.

It's a bit obnoxious but the same thing the 49ers did.

The Ravens by contrast allow an immediate refund, or credit to next year, and if they end up offering tickets later, they'll do it in some sort of priority order for all season ticket holders -- not just the ones that didn't take the refund.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As my seats are within 8 rows of the field it appears I don't even have a choice, I'm paused by default. It bothers me that I don't apparently even have a choice.

The team has my money and has for some time and there are a few questions I need answered. I just need some answers, and have today emailed customer service to get some response which isn't as yet forthcoming.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":24o51bgk said:
As my seats are within 8 rows of the field it appears I don't even have a choice, I'm paused by default. It bothers me that I don't apparently even have a choice.

The team has my money and has for some time and there are a few questions I need answered. I just need some answers, and have today emailed customer service to get some response which isn't as yet forthcoming.

I don't see why they just don't move the seat assignments back 9 rows and start over with closest proximity to where you would be in your natural seating, as you go up the bowl gets bigger so eventually it evens out, any place that doesn't have a season ticket holder gets filled by someone who is till all are filled and rest is general public.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I've chosen the wait and see option since I've paid and don't need the money right now anyway. I fully expect the border to be closed and to take credit on next years season's tickets.

But if the season does go ahead with fans and the border opens up I kind of want the option.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2nwp6kpm said:
Guess we will see how the bush league nhl playoffs go. Players start testing positive all sports are done. Some nhl players are being spotted at busy nightclubs so that wont help in reducing odds. I'm ok with sn nfl season with no fans in attendance. Not like the cdn American border will be open for me to cross...

At the risk of derailing I thought we could cross into the US without an issue (Assuming you are a Cdn citizen) but on the problem being you have to quarantine 14 days upon your return.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":2gtrj627 said:
I said this months ago. In fact, I have put any football of any kind out of my mind for this year. I still stand by it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, I got it too. Trying to decide what option to take. Might just opt out of 2020. I wish they would have made a 'pay as you go' option like they do with playoff games.

mikeak

Reaction score
Well based on the fact that the atmosphere will suck even if some fans are there I just asked for the refund. No need to let them keep my money. This sucks but reality is that this feels like the best option for now

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well border is remaining closed until end of August and I can't imagine the US will have things under control in the next 4 weeks to open it up.
So I suspect even if they play I won't be able to go. For now preseason games are a no go.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Took defer and credit. I expect a huge increase in prices next year to make up for the loss in revenues this year. I'm in the same boat as Mad Dog, but there is no way I'm willing to herd like cattle at the stadium for 3+ hours this year. Especially as the climate turns as fall/winter approaches. By then the combination of precaution fatigue, seasonal compromised health and a surging rona will turn the clink into a petri dish.

Our gang is just going to tailgate at our houses instead of a vacant lot and catch games on TV. If there are games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wait and see for us as well. At this point, I expect to watch on TV only. I seriously doubt the season will be cancelled. But then again, this is 2020, so...….