Scenario: Trade for Adams, Sign Clowney, add Gordon / Brown

j.oldschool

Reaction score
I know its wishful thinking but John likes to pull rabbits out of his hat late in the offseason and I think these moves equal superbowl against the Chiefs or Ravens.

Trade McDougald (and his 4million+ in salary cap hit) + a 1st and maybe a 4th to the Jets for Adams and keep him on his current contract for this year (I think its around 8 but could be mistaken) Obviously with the understanding that an extension is coming at some point this year.

Wear Clowney down and sign a 1 year for around 9M, probably during training camp.

Then we get Gordon back once his situation clears up at close to the minimum (don't want AB but thats a possibility as well).

Currently we have 13million in space according to OvertheCap, trading Mcdougald saves us 4 more, then we'd have to make some more room and Id suggest cutting Hollister, no reason to keep the 3rd or 4th TE on the team at a 3M+ cap hit.

Am I crazy or does this roster instantly make us the favorites in the NFC?

quick rundown;
Top QB at the top of his game
Great RB and now a great RB2 and an above average RB3 once healthy
Best WR group #3 has ever had and getting better (DK gonna go bananas this year)
Best most complete TE group in this era
Am I crazy for thinking after some initial growing pains this will be the best OL group in a decade?
Great LT | Good LG | FInney is a better C than Hunt and I think higher ceiling than Britt | Rook RG who should get better through the year | weak RT but better than last few years or maybe just not worse - deeper at backup in all spots

I know its a lot of ifs but come on. This seems hard but could be doable for John boy.

Can you tell I am excited for this year?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
giphy.gif

:roll:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It makes me happy to see posters that are optimistic. I do not generally share it (at least last 3-4 years) but it is honestly nice to see.

I'm thinking Gordon is the only one of that list that happens but I wish they all would. I just think we have too many Joes and not enough Pros. Especially on the OL and DL.

OP
OP
J

j.oldschool

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3icwvnjd said:
hell of a first post

Haha thanks man. Long time lurker, worried I might get struck down by naysayers and perpetual pessimists.

I know we’ve all been hurt before by the invisible pain of missed expectations but I know no other way to go into a season than unbridled enthusiasm.

seabowl

Reaction score
Talent wise they are all good but talk about four guys with each having some issues either personal or financial(professionally speaking).

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd be happy if we landed one of those players. Seabowls right, they all have their problems but at the same time there all studs too.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Saw an article last night reporting that both Seahawks and Niners are talking to the Jets about Adams. It says Niners want him to NOT be playing for the Seahawks as much as they want him playing for the Niners. Seahawks are scrambling to make up for potential loss of Dunbar. Both Niners and Seahawks are on Adams list of desired landing spots. Getting Adams would appear to be a VERY expensive deal for Seahawks to swallow, especially considering the potential for loss of all or part of the upcoming season. Niners are also strapped for cash.

Chawker

Reaction score
Oh boy...Even if we had the legion of boom back at 100%, WE STILL NEED A PASS RUSH. Forget about any DB's, if we traded for C. Jones and signed Clowny we would be fine. Just need to cut a long faced LBer and a over the hill TE. :les:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Would love to see this.

I would even tolerate AB on the roster if we got all the rest of this.

Not sure we would be #1 even with, (probably the Bucs), but we would be a very solid playoff contender.

However, if there is a season, Adams is almost a requirement at this point - unless we only want the wildcard and don't want or care to go farther in the playoffs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RockinHawks":3vqgycn0 said:
^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^ :rofl: ^^, Looks like # 3 put on a little Height & Weight there. :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
j.oldschool":354xup6x said:
I know its wishful thinking but John likes to pull rabbits out of his hat late in the offseason and I think these moves equal superbowl against the Chiefs or Ravens.

Trade McDougald (and his 4million+ in salary cap hit) + a 1st and maybe a 4th to the Jets for Adams and keep him on his current contract for this year (I think its around 8 but could be mistaken) Obviously with the understanding that an extension is coming at some point this year.

Wear Clowney down and sign a 1 year for around 9M, probably during training camp.

Then we get Gordon back once his situation clears up at close to the minimum (don't want AB but thats a possibility as well).

Currently we have 13million in space according to OvertheCap, trading Mcdougald saves us 4 more, then we'd have to make some more room and Id suggest cutting Hollister, no reason to keep the 3rd or 4th TE on the team at a 3M+ cap hit.

Am I crazy or does this roster instantly make us the favorites in the NFC?

quick rundown;
Top QB at the top of his game
Great RB and now a great RB2 and an above average RB3 once healthy
Best WR group #3 has ever had and getting better (DK gonna go bananas this year)
Best most complete TE group in this era
Am I crazy for thinking after some initial growing pains this will be the best OL group in a decade?
Great LT | Good LG | FInney is a better C than Hunt and I think higher ceiling than Britt | Rook RG who should get better through the year | weak RT but better than last few years or maybe just not worse - deeper at backup in all spots

I know its a lot of ifs but come on. This seems hard but could be doable for John boy.

Can you tell I am excited for this year?
TRADE McDOUGALD??!!....um okay...I never really liked the McDougald Burgers anyways. :smilingalien:

toffee

Reaction score
At this point, Clowney on one year deal is quite likely, Gordon also possible league willing. Not sure about AB, at vet minimum plus incentive?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Really like and mostly agree with your line of thought, OldSchool...
My first reaction on the mention of Antonio Brown was NO, NO, and HELL NO, but...

I suspect AB to be a Cluster-B personality-disordered sociopathic psycho. Meaning either Narcissist, Borderline, or maybe even Histrionic, with a high degree of sociopathy. At first glance, this is BAD, like Percy-Harvin-BAD, for the team. However, on second look...

Cluster-B psychos typically have a "honeymoon period" when they go to a new social group, where they are on their best behavior, to try to "prove" that the problem was "everyone else" from the old group (team) , "not them". So having AB on his best behavior for a full season, focused on showing up the Steelers, Patriots, and Raiders, could actually be a positive thing. But only for ONE YEAR, tops. The mask would come off in the second year. I think Pete and John now understand Cluster B player issues after Harvin, and would make it only a one-year thing.

Elemas

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought about AB. Perhaps he would be motivated to get straightened out for the sake of proving everyone wrong (in his eyes). Based on past actions, he's a certifiable nut-case but his skills are incredible.

No disrespect to our Lockett but, I can see a sane AB being the #1 receiver on this team with DK trailing not too far behind. Open Tyler up in the slot....have Flash come in for those 3rd and crucials.

We definitely need a few additions if this team is going to compete. The obvious concern is Edge, likely DT as well. With Dubar being questionable, I'd love to see Tre step up and be anchored by Adams.

I've given up on Clowney. Would love to see him back but....

Anyways...one can dream to have RWs targets as mentioned above. Sprinkle on some healthy Uncle Will and this offense is HIGH powered.

If anyone can pull this off, it's JS and PC.