Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This just messy with Dunbar.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
This just messy with Dunbar.
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:55 pm

Re: This just messy with Dunbar.
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:42 pm
  • Dunbar's choice of attorney, followed by that guy's strategy in practice, immediately had me worried about claim of innocence being legit. I haven't seen anything that has happened that gives me hope we'll see Dunbar in one of our uniforms.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:42 pm
  • To be clear..Dunbar is not on video.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:To be clear..Dunbar is not on video.

Nor is it YET conclusive that Dunbar is guilty.....For me?...still waiting. :229031_shrug:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:28 pm
  • Didn't say guilty, said it got messy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:08 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Didn't say guilty, said it got messy.

That it is
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:00 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Didn't say guilty, said it got messy.

He might get out of this whole thing but i guy tells me he's far from innocence.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:58 am
  • All signs lead to him being guilty. There I said it. Not messy. Guilty.

Perhaps he'll get off on a "technicality". Either way, he appears to not make the greatest of decisions.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:44 am
  • Dunbar has added to his lawyer roster. New guy named Weinstein. Hope he's a little more of a straight shooter than the first guy seems to be. Looks as though the prosecution is putting together a pretty strong case. The tricky part for Dunbar's defense will be defining "reasonable" doubt.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 am
  • It's messy and he's guilty. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be paying off witnesses. Either he or his lawyer thinks he is guilty. Why would his lawyer do that if he wasn't? At his own lawyer's office to boot. Not very smart. Sounds like shady characters all around to me.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:06 am
  • Agreed. At first, it didn't sound logical but...paying them off? Defense can twist that anyway they want but it wasn't conducted as an out of court settlement and 100% implicates them.

Let's pull off a Clowney and Adam's deal out of JS' hat and alleviate some of this nonsense (without coughing up multiple first rounders). Oh, and pray that Tre uses this gift as motivation.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 pm
  • Not a terrible strategy. Makes them appear to be unreliable witnesses
    Anomaly222
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:23 pm
  • Unless one of them is the one who tipped off police.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:31 pm
  • I like to see the goodness in folks . The Hawks need to find a replacement for Dunbar. ASAP
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:34 pm
  • If nothing else this whole payoff thing makes Adam's and Clowney's price look more palatable.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:43 pm
  • No video lol

From what I read , they are being extorted and should be released of charges soon
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:00 pm
  • Yeah, the players' attorneys are claiming that the players are the victims and are being extorted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... aker-case/

"“Law enforcement, both local and federal, was advised from day one and beyond that the alleged ‘victims’ in this case were actively extorting Baker and Dunbar,” said Grieco, who represents Dunbar. “These men fabricated a robbery story after waiting an hour to call police and then immediately began contacting the players demanding money."
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:44 pm
  • This issue of what was the explanation for the change of positions between the oddly delayed initial complaint and then the exculpatory affidavits is the reason for the delay of the prosecution in making decisions to formally charge these two and proceed to grand jury hearing of the supposed robbery allegations. This recent payoff stuff seems kind of like a last ditch attempt to colour this situation prior to dismissal. I think the lead case isn’t very strong However, It will get very ugly if there is any truth to any of it. Given the various reversals can anyone truly say they are clear about what actually happened.

Each one of the complainants is a person of dubious or legitimately unsavoury character, so who really knows what really happened but this latest payoff allegation is not pretty. If they took a payoff to change their story how reliable a witness could they really be? In the end unless there is a smoking gun on the payoff stuff I suspect a jury could never indict these guys, or if so the likelihood of a conviction for the robbery seem slim.

There are other reason why Baker might get axed by the Giants, which have more to do with football than extra-curricular activities. If Dunbar actually was involved he’s not that bright all things considered.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:46 pm
  • !!!!
    Attachments
    4B315185-9842-4581-980A-8FF03F5298A1.png
    4B315185-9842-4581-980A-8FF03F5298A1.png (335.23 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:10 am
  • What is Dunbar's cap number?
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:22 am
  • Dunbar trade is just about as moronic as the McDowell draft.

Only difference is Dunbar trade, Hawks didn't give up much, so it was worth the gamble.

The loss of him playing is about the same level as wasting a first round pick with McDowell.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:35 am
  • Dunbar just hired a new team of lawyers.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:46 am
  • Good move by Dunbar, but the current strategy is make sure the presiding judge and prosecutors are on your donor list.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:17 pm
  • At this point, I would say to not include Dunbar as being part of the team. For the life of me I can't figure out how these guys that work so hard to get to the pro level, just decide to do their stupid $h!t.

He should hire Dershowitz, Rudy, and Sekulow.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm
  • It doesn't even matter what happens to Dunbar legally, he's not playing for the Hawks.

Reed got six games and was never even charge or convicted. Dunbar's in such a mess it doesn't even matter if he get's prosecuted or not, the league's going to hammer him with a huge suspension.

Maybe they can keep pushing out the decision and trial into the 2020 season so he plays a little. But doubtful. Seems like the Florida District Attorney has more than enough evidence to proceed with an arrest.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:53 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:It doesn't even matter what happens to Dunbar legally, he's not playing for the Hawks.

Reed got six games and was never even charge or convicted. Dunbar's in such a mess it doesn't even matter if he get's prosecuted or not, the league's going to hammer him with a huge suspension.

Maybe they can keep pushing out the decision and trial into the 2020 season so he plays a little. But doubtful. Seems like the Florida District Attorney has more than enough evidence to proceed with an arrest.

Got a feeling you are spot on about this.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:19 am

Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:42 am
  • Clayton thinks with the current state of pandemic in florida he might not get to court for a year or more. The leages decision on Reed took a long while. We might see him all year.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:30 am
  • Who knows at this point? I'm just waiting for people to blame Pete and John. Because they somehow should predict when someone is gonna' be a knucklehead.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:56 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:At this point, I would say to not include Dunbar as being part of the team. For the life of me I can't figure out how these guys that work so hard to get to the pro level, just decide to do their stupid $h!t.

He should hire Dershowitz, Rudy, and Sekulow.

That was his initial play. Seems he has now recovered some good sense and hired at least legit representation. Maybe now we'll start to see more about how this thing will eventually shake out. But I still think it's hard to see him skate.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It doesn't even matter what happens to Dunbar legally, he's not playing for the Hawks.

Got a feeling you are spot on about this.

I guess the good news for the Hawks is the case could drag on and be delayed with motions for a year or two.

Dunbar's already been granted bail and travel privileges to come to camp, so that's a good sign. At the least he'll probably play this year so we at least see if he's worth hanging onto through his legal proceedings.

So if you're the league, you'd probably wait until the trial is over until rendering your own suspension. This case is a mess, so it's going to take the league a long time to sift through all the evidence.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:32 am
  • "This case is a mess, so it's going to take the league a long time to sift through all the evidence."
    Right you are. And if the league renders a verdict before legal proceedings have taken their course to conclusion the league is wrong.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information