This just messy with Dunbar.

chris98251

Reaction score

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Dunbar's choice of attorney, followed by that guy's strategy in practice, immediately had me worried about claim of innocence being legit. I haven't seen anything that has happened that gives me hope we'll see Dunbar in one of our uniforms.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1j85fu16 said:
To be clear..Dunbar is not on video.
Nor is it YET conclusive that Dunbar is guilty.....For me?...still waiting. :229031_shrug:

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":33bfgkeu said:
Didn't say guilty, said it got messy.

He might get out of this whole thing but i guy tells me he's far from innocence.

Elemas

Reaction score
All signs lead to him being guilty. There I said it. Not messy. Guilty.

Perhaps he'll get off on a "technicality". Either way, he appears to not make the greatest of decisions.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Dunbar has added to his lawyer roster. New guy named Weinstein. Hope he's a little more of a straight shooter than the first guy seems to be. Looks as though the prosecution is putting together a pretty strong case. The tricky part for Dunbar's defense will be defining "reasonable" doubt.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's messy and he's guilty. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be paying off witnesses. Either he or his lawyer thinks he is guilty. Why would his lawyer do that if he wasn't? At his own lawyer's office to boot. Not very smart. Sounds like shady characters all around to me.

Elemas

Reaction score
Agreed. At first, it didn't sound logical but...paying them off? Defense can twist that anyway they want but it wasn't conducted as an out of court settlement and 100% implicates them.

Let's pull off a Clowney and Adam's deal out of JS' hat and alleviate some of this nonsense (without coughing up multiple first rounders). Oh, and pray that Tre uses this gift as motivation.

Elemas

Reaction score
Unless one of them is the one who tipped off police.

xray

Reaction score
I like to see the goodness in folks . The Hawks need to find a replacement for Dunbar. ASAP

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yeah, the players' attorneys are claiming that the players are the victims and are being extorted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... aker-case/

"“Law enforcement, both local and federal, was advised from day one and beyond that the alleged ‘victims’ in this case were actively extorting Baker and Dunbar,” said Grieco, who represents Dunbar. “These men fabricated a robbery story after waiting an hour to call police and then immediately began contacting the players demanding money."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This issue of what was the explanation for the change of positions between the oddly delayed initial complaint and then the exculpatory affidavits is the reason for the delay of the prosecution in making decisions to formally charge these two and proceed to grand jury hearing of the supposed robbery allegations. This recent payoff stuff seems kind of like a last ditch attempt to colour this situation prior to dismissal. I think the lead case isn’t very strong However, It will get very ugly if there is any truth to any of it. Given the various reversals can anyone truly say they are clear about what actually happened.

Each one of the complainants is a person of dubious or legitimately unsavoury character, so who really knows what really happened but this latest payoff allegation is not pretty. If they took a payoff to change their story how reliable a witness could they really be? In the end unless there is a smoking gun on the payoff stuff I suspect a jury could never indict these guys, or if so the likelihood of a conviction for the robbery seem slim.

There are other reason why Baker might get axed by the Giants, which have more to do with football than extra-curricular activities. If Dunbar actually was involved he’s not that bright all things considered.