Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 pm
  • You guys, we just got a potentially hall of fame caliber player who's hungry to become the best safety to ever play the game. He's 24, on a rookie contract, stoked to be here, and is technically one of the best, if not the best, safety in the league. I love B Mac but this is a huge upgrade and worth the haul. JS can't use first round picks to save his life anyway and if you count Jamal as a first rounder and the 3rd for 4th as a wash, then we gave up an extra first and B mac for a generational talent. Him and Diggs is nasty and if Dunbar plays...man we are talking best secondary in the NFL. He opens up the rest of this defense in the same way that prime Earl did. This is a great move that shows we want a title now. Love it.
    FearTheHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:06 am
  • knownone wrote:Not sure how I feel about this. I like Adams as a player, but I’m not sure he solidifies our defense to the extent that we can mortgage the future this drastically. If we get a decent pass rusher, then I love the move. That remains a big if.

Hopefully getting a pass rusher is part of the plan.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:32 am
  • After thinking on it, I now believe it was not a steep price for Jamal Adams. here is my thinking:

Jamal Adams would be a guaranteed top 5 pick in any draft. What does it take to move into top 5 from the bottom? At least 2 first rounders and multiple other low rounder. Now with that, we have a guaranteed All-pro player, only 24, not even in his prime, and under the best db coach. Mcdougle was likely going to be cut and the 3rd rounder is basically a couple picks earlier than the jets 4th rounder.

Now what concerns me is the contracts they would have to give Griffen and Diggs. I don't know if they can afford all them guys. But atleast they could have an impactful year this year esp if they could get clowney back for a year. I am thinking he has the Seahawks back on top of his wish list again after this news.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:37 am
  • It’s been awhile since I posted... I love this trade. Pete and JS aren’t really that great with first round Picks... outside of earl and Irvin first rounders haven’t really made a splash. I’d trade collier, penny, ifedi for Adams. For those that think we gave too much... now we don’t have wonder what “headscratcher” of a first rounder they pick for two years. First rounds outside of the first few years have been letdowns we eat with our 2-5 rounds.
    vance_jetzt
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:39 am
  • I am not happy about this trade. Two firsts for a strong safety what the heck :twisted:
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:41 am
  • Come on guys who else is mad? Two firsts for a (great) safety? NO one wouldve traded that for kam. We got fleeced

Jamal Adams wanted out, we could've had him for less. im so mad
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:20 am
  • Fade wrote:This goes beyond just coverage. He plays the run better than any safety in the game right now.

He is a massive upgrade to a defense that played so passively last year, it wasn't recognizable for long stretches to be a Pete defense.

Schematically they can get back to having a thumper SS in the box AND a guy who can cover TEs. He can do it all. As much as I loved Kam, the best safety in Seahawks history imo (I highly value the fear factor he brought to the table), Adams is better in coverage than Kam, and has even better instincts. Adams makes an impact on every snap, and makes the players around him better. Like Kam, a true alpha dog, and team captain.

They now have the horses to get in people's grills and press with Dunbar and Griffin on the outside w/Diggs playing high. Last year it was bail technique with outside leverage too often. Those days appear to be over. The opposing QB is going to be forced to hold the ball.

They are now a decent pass rusher away from being good enough upfront to compliment their stellar back seven. (Brooks, Wagner, Wright, Griffin, Adams, Diggs, Dunbar,)

They currently have Irvin, Green, Reed, & Mayowa as their top pass rushing unit. It isn't that bad, but definitely could use an upgrade on the edge so Irvin and Mayowa can be more rotational. Clowney needs to swallow his pride and get on board, but I don't see that happening, but would be cool if it did.

Fade has nailed this one. He's reading Pete's mind. Adams will be that guy who makes everyone around him better. The other player Adams will help... Well, the rest of the Seattle D, LB Jordyn Brooks, Bobby Wagner, Jarran Reed, everyone! Along with the speedy Jordyn Brooks, and little pass rush, this will be a very different Seattle D we'll see, much more of a Pete Carroll style.

A-Dog wrote:Adams is the Seahawks answer to George Kittle

Nice! I'll see your Kittle and I raise you a Kyler Murray. And a Deebo Samuel (when healthy in December). And the whole freaking Rams offense that's torched our sucky and slow defense for years now.

What about... Marquise Blair...? Now Blair can develop as a viable next-man-up for whenever Adams is unavailable. Don't give up on Blair. He'll help us. He'll develop.

Adams is absolutely the guy Pete's D needed to cope with the Rams and Niners offenses. Not to mention the emerging Cards offense. If you could have traded 2 firsts for Kenny Easley in his prime, would you make that trade? OK, the Easley comparison is a bit of a stretch, but not that much.

Seymour wrote:
    HawksSoc wrote:J Adams is good, so good. But he just can't be as good as McDougald, 2 First Round players and a Third Round player.

100% this!!

Way too steep for any single player! This stinks of throwing in the towel on acquiring quality first round starters IMO. Love the trade "this year", but by 2022 we will be a weaker team from this trade. :|

Adams is THAT GOOD, and in particular will be THAT GOOD as part of a Pete Carroll defense in Seattle.

Bringing Adams on board will attract another key free agent or two on D. They'll see what's going on here and want to be a part of it. Maybe even on O as well.

It's a fair deal, yes, steep price, but we'll get excellent value, and this season. Guaranteed that Pete and John checked him out thoroughly on the psych side and this won't be a Percy Harvin nutjob fiasco. We'll get 2 good and cheap years out of him before being forced to open the wallet, AND we'll re-sign him.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:40 am
  • Honestly this is the exact take that matters!

All First round picks are crap shoots... For every team.

Should we remember Mirer, McGwire, Curry, and a bunch of newer picks like Ifedi/Collier and others.

Every team has this track record to make fun of!!!

HawkFan72 wrote:Would you trade Penny and Collier for this guy right now? Cause I sure would. I'm not gonna get too worked up over potential 1st rounders.

This Defense absolutely needs stud safeties to work, and now with Adams and Diggs we have the duo we needed.
    AAK
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 am
  • LOB 2.0 now with Adams, Flowers, Diggs, Griffin and possibly Dunbar. I like it
    Johnny Dimes
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:58 am
  • Go big or go home. LOVE the balls in this transaction. The window is NOW.

This player is a difference maker. And not even in his prime. A big step in the right direction. I’m In!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 am
  • We get picked apart way to much to not get this deal done. I'm tired of watching it. Shaq, DIggs, and now Adams that alone is a scary trio. I love pass defense I love people you can ball hawk and hit like a train. Watching the secondary play is my favorite thing about watching football.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:19 am
  • Aros wrote:Go big or go home. LOVE the balls in this transaction. The window is NOW.

This player is a difference maker. And not even in his prime. A big step in the right direction. I’m In!

Yes

As an opposing division fan. I HATE this.

Good job my hated Babydolls.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:20 am
  • Also.

One of you admins owes me a Rams Avi.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:10 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well there may or may not be a college season, players may or may not play due to concerns about the virus by themselves or their schools and or cough cough interested supporters, so getting a guy at his level of play versus not only a dice role next year with limited availability to scout, but whom may not play is hedging the right direction as we see it today I think, a vaccine may not be wide spread available till next spring they way they have politicized everything and who knows what the truth really is since Doctors have gag orders now.

This can't be overstated enough when valuing this trade. It's entirely unclear right now what next year's draft looks like. Do players get scouted on 2019-20 tape? Is available elite first round talent depleted because a number of blue chip juniors want to return for a full year of college ball? Is the 2022 draft extra stacked because of these dynamics (i.e., they still have a chance to come out with a first round talent with their 2nd)? There's almost an unknowable discount factor applied to that 2021 first rounder that may have factored in. It's an expensive trade, it's a great trade, but you can't necessarily value it in a vacuum.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:23 am
  • FWIW, Jared Goff has the *worst* passer rating in the league for his second read. Give him his first guy and he's brilliant, but take that away, and he's crap.

You can't get to him quickly enough with a pass rush when he's going to first read all the time, so you have to take away that first read, and you can only do that with a smart secondary.

I love this move because it is specifically designed to help us with this division. If we win the division we can get some playoff games at home, PLUS face lower playoff seeds. That's huge for us.
    Last edited by KiwiHawk on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:25 am
  • Here's another point to consider, most NFL Draft Scouts will tell you that there are only ~20 players in an average draft that are worth 1st Round evaluation. Beyond, that, the rest are 2nd round talents or later. This is why Pete and John have traded back so often to grab more picks.

So, like someone else said, we'd be lucky to trade up high enough to get a talent like Jamal Adams. But now we don't have to do that.

We get a proven All-Pro who was the Jets Team Captain. The IQ of our backfield just jumped, a lot. Go look at the videos of Jamal breaking down plays, especially the one with Baldy and Jaws on NFL Breakdowns. Both guys are impressed with Adam's play and knowledge.

They don't just let anybody on that show either. You have to be a smart, physically talented Football Player in order to get on that show (Stephon Gilmore).

But I do have one major worry. I have this nagging feeling, that after the honeymoon period, he could cause trouble, kind of like he's doing now. This is nothing new for extremely talented players, it seems to go to their head and they feel like they're not getting compensated properly. It happens to the best, like Kam Chancellor, the issue is the degree.

Of course if that happens a year or two from now, we can trade him to a pereniall loser for a 1st and a 2nd round pick. That way our trade is a wash, and we're out very little money. :2thumbs:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:40 am
  • Last year we got gashed in the run game, giving up 4.9 YPC, 4th worst in the NFL. If you can't stop the run, you're done. Opposing teams just wear your DLine out, and do whatever they want.

Then you get the DBs so worried about getting gashed by the run, that they miss their assignments. Still, we weren't that bad. 11-5 We were 9th in PPG at 25.3 while SF was 29.9.

We only allowed 19 passing TDS, 6 more than the Patriots, but we allowed 22 rushing Touchdowns! 3 times as many as the Patriots!

We must improve our run defense! Jamal Adams is the guy to do that. Along with Jordyn Brooks.

But I believe Jamal is going to be that catalyst that turns this defense around. We're not that bad, and with a few adjustments, should be able to get back to the NFCCG.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:15 am
  • Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:38 am
  • I'm delighted with this move. I argued for it a few weeks ago, so now that it's come off, I can't help but feel far more optimistic about the season to come, it's going to be something special watching this defence.

Adams isn't just a very good safety, he's a game changer and one of very few in the league in a non-QB position. When you think about how hard Wilson is to play against, Jamal Adams is the defensive equivalent. He is as good as Earl Thomas purely as a safety but that's not all you get from him, because he reads the game better, is excellent in the back field, as a linebacker or as a pass rusher.

I don't see this as swapping out McDougald for Adams, he's too dynamic of a player for that. If it was a like for like swap, I'd agree with all the people who are saying this is an overpriced deal. However, whilst we now have the best safety in the league adding to the defensive back unit, we also have a dangerous linebacker in the mix with KJ and Bobby, and the defensive line will hugely benefit from Adams making sweeping moves to get to the QB and RBs we face.

Adams is a top 10 player in the league, he's alongside Aaron Donald as defensive talents, but more than that, he's a dynamic game changer. There's no other player in the league with the qualities he has on defence, he's uniquely talented and you can't put a price on the impact he has on the entire defence. Like I said, this isn't merely swapping a solid safety for a brilliant one, Adams adds potency throughout the defence in a way that no other defensive player in the league does.
    BoltonWanderer
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 am
  • My thoughts are multi-layered. When I first heard of the trade I thought we got absolutely fleeced and after some reflection I still think we significantly overpaid If you consider traditional draft value. BUT...I love the player. Adams immediately makes our defense less predictable and allows us to mitigate so many matchup issues. He’s a genuine weapon.

Most of all I just don’t care about their first round picks anymore. This regime doesn’t give a damn about value in the draft so I think there will be 4-5 players available in the second round who they, and literally no one else, would have taken in the first. A first round pick in Seattle holds the same value as a 3rd round pick in almost any other city. The Jets draft board will look much more like everyone else and they’ll be jacked to have those picks. We have an All-Pro playmaker. In my mind that’s a win-win.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:13 am
  • Geologic wrote:Come on guys who else is mad? Two firsts for a (great) safety? NO one wouldve traded that for kam. We got fleeced

Jamal Adams wanted out, we could've had him for less. im so mad

Love when people make arguments like this from the outside looking in... So you think Pete and John could have done it for less and just threw in more compensation because of charity..? They said thanks so much for trading us we'll throw in an extra 1st? Lol
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:36 am
  • On the bright side, between Diggs and now Jamal Adams... The new LOB. Arguably, the best safety combo in the league.... I'm on board. Oh yeah. I'm sure gonna miss Pete when he's gone...

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/sea ... dams-trade
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:55 am
  • For those of you that are upset over this deal.....
    Or even kinda on the fence.

Let me reiterate something that was mentioned up thread.

It was something that I hadn’t even considered but is really a huge plus.

Adams DID NOT end up on a division rivals roster.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:39 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.
    As for a lot of those decrying the value of (our) first round picks, I wonder how that makes guys like Brooks feel.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:54 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.
    As for a lot of those decrying the value of (our) first round picks, I wonder how that makes guys like Brooks feel.

The funny part is, the Jets are gonna blow the picks, and they'll still suck for at least the next ten years... :lol:
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Re: Jamal Adams To Seattle
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:55 am
  • HawksSoc wrote:Outrageous price. 2 First Rounders?!

Nothing further from the truth. First-round picks are expected to produce early in their careers, sadly history begs to differ.

Some Seahawks 1st round picks.
    2008 Lawrence Jackson did not pan out at all.
    2009 Aaron Curry did not pan out at all.
    2011 James Carpenter did not pan out at all.
    2016 Germain Ifedi did not pan out at all.

The point is that the draft is a crap shoot contrast these failed first-round picks with later round team picks and undrafted free agents.
    Richard Sherman all time Seahawk great future hall of famer. Kam Chancellor all time Seahawk great possible hall of famer. Michael Bennet UDFA super-strong performer possible hall of Famer. Doug Baldwin super-strong performer possible hall of famer. Steve Largent all time Seahawk great hall of famer. Pete and john know exactly what they are doing!

May I also note the highest paid saftey lin the league is Eddie Jackson a fourth round pick though he would have went higher if not for injury.

Another point that must get considered is the money saved on the draftpicks can go in to resigning produuctive young talent. DK Metcalf, hopefully a healthy Will Dissly , hopfully LJ Collier and Rasheem Green. How many time do teams lose fine young talent due to the salary cap.

Finally for fans that remember the great do it all Seahawk safety Kenny Easley the Seahawks just traded for a clone!
    Last edited by tersal on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    tersal
    NET Rookie

Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:58 am
  • Saving $2 mil with Adams on rookie contract set to make roughly $900k and McDougald would’ve likely been cut anyways we weren’t about to pay him $4 mil. Now we can go after an edge
    Johnny Dimes
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:04 am
  • My question is will they give him the freedom to move around like he has or stick him in the middle of a vanilla zone scheme? Will his body hold up to all the banging long term?
    Leee-roy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:25 am
  • Just like any other star player John and Pete have went out and acquired, first they over pay for him and they never live up to the hype. Sure J. Adams will help a little across the board pass coverage, tackling, ints, and even a few sacks, but our front four is "lacking" at best it will be another long year with us falling just short of our main goal.

Did Seattle over pay for Adams.... Hell yah! For the next two years we'll be dancing at the draft with a bucket on one foot. We need a front four that can get to the QB and stop the run, not a top 25th defense rather a top 10 defense.

Welcome Jamal Adams. Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 am
  • Finally a Super Star instead of JAG. Whoo
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:51 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

Our FO is in no way a disaster, even though I think they misread this situation.

Or....Collier :D
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:59 am
  • i was actually relieved to see the deal was mostly draft picks, and not players. something about birds in the hand versus birds in the bush. football has a lot of twists and turns. we'll have to see how it works out.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:05 am
  • Wow, stunning and great move.......15 mill for a superstar is on the cheap anymore. Thats what he wants. Thats what he gets.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:13 am
  • Absolutely love the trade and the player. Yes, two first round picks is a lot for a safety, but Adams isn’t just a safety. He can play linebacker at an extremely high level and edge rush. He’s a beast in run defense and coverage, and makes game changing plays. I’d definitely give up what we did for someone so versatile and talented who can make plays that change games (see Daniel Jones QB strip play, so clean). In the end, football games are decided by a handful of plays and this dude makes them.

This man carried the Jets defense last year. He will do BIG things here. The difference in our defense will be clear as a day with his presence.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:04 pm
  • When they aren't being traded away, our 1st round picks lately have been about as good as anyone else's 2nd/3rd/4th round picks. The most recent notable one being Bruce Irvin, 8 years ago. I'm fine with it.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:05 pm
  • A lot of responses undervaluing the first round picks because the team has sucked at picking in the first round. IF they would have solved THAT problem years ago we might not have needed to do this.

Glad to have him though. I’m wondering about short term cap savings of plus Adams and minus McDougakd and if that can help sign Clowney
    JayhawkMike
    NET Starter

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:07 pm
  • If we play and we get clowney, we win sb.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:38 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:Also.

One of you admins owes me a Rams Avi.

I like the redhead with Rams shirt that Pmedic posted
    It would be perfect even if isn't you.
    Good to see you RA! :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:39 pm
  • Its going to take me a long time to get over this move. I'm still shaking my head. Do you guys realize that Seattle gave up more for a safety than the Bears did for Khalil Mack? Insane.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:43 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

I posted this in another thread but may as well use here too.
    Ok my take now...
    I have trouble with 3 picks and a player for a safety but when
    you consider one first as Adams himself in next draft it starts
    to feel a little better.
    One high 4th for a weak 3rd is almost a wash so feel yet better.
    Mcdougal..I hate to see go but we are stacked with younger guys
    with higher upsides back there no?
    So in the end that one last 1st pick may hurt the most or not it really
    depends on if we win more and get further in the playoffs right?
    It would be a deep 1st round pick anyway,not a top 20.
    I think the Jets sure thought about where our average first picks were
    so all in all I can live with this trade with time to reflect.
    RW got his superstar right?I see John63 totally not liking this in many
    posts..I will leave him with this "Defense wins Championships"
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:RW got his superstar right?I

I think Russ was hoping more for some talent on the offensive side of the ball. The guys been playing behind horrid offensive lines since hes been in the league, but who cares right? Dude probably wakes up every monday morning peeing blood, but no problem. One of these days hes not going to get back up but at least the team over paid for a safety right? *sigh*
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:15 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:RW got his superstar right?I

I think Russ was hoping more for some talent on the offensive side of the ball. The guys been playing behind horrid offensive lines since hes been in the league, but who cares right? Dude probably wakes up every monday morning peeing blood, but no problem. One of these days hes not going to get back up but at least the team over paid for a safety right? *sigh*

You sound hurt man... everything ok?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:58 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:RW got his superstar right?I

You sound hurt man... everything ok?

He brings up a valid point, Russell Wilson is getting older. He isn't quite as mobile as he used to be and if those hits keep happening they will begin to start taking their toll. Our offensive line is in a very poor state, we absolutely have dropped the ball addressing the line this year. What is worse is the fact this trade will severely hamstring the Seahawks going forward. Our defensive and offensive lines are huge question marks that are being held together by spit and duct tape at this moment. In addition Duane Brown is one of the oldest starting tackles in the NFL at the moment. How long do you expect he is able to play before he becomes injury prone, or just flat out ineffective?

This move was short-sighted, and honestly I don't think Pete cares about the future at this point. I think he's just trying to go for one last run before he retires. Unfortunately I suspect that our lines will be our undoing this season.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:32 pm

This is a crap take. The team needed a blue chip talent to remain competitive. Adams will be a leader for years to come and is as versatile of a defender as you can find.

You generally just don't find guys like that outside of the top of the draft. This trade haul is similar to a trade up to the top 10 in the draft... except Adams is a proven blue chip. This is absolutely not as bad as it looks when you consider where the picks would likely be in the draft order.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:03 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm
  • The best safety in football for 2 unkown first round picks that the Seahawks would likely screw up anyway seems like a fair exchange. Also anyone that thinks Seattle's secondary was fine was not watching the same games i was last year our coverage was putrid . They needed to upgrade the secondary and they have with this trade.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Its official, our front office is a disaster. Gave up the world for a player we didnt need while the glaring holes we have still remain. This move will handicap the team for years to come. As for the people defending this move by saying our first rounders never pan out anyways,,,,,,think about what your saying. If that doesnt define ineptitude, I dont know what does.

This is a crap take. The team needed a blue chip talent to remain competitive. Adams will be a leader for years to come and is as versatile of a defender as you can find.

You generally just don't find guys like that outside of the top of the draft. This trade haul is similar to a trade up to the top 10 in the draft... except Adams is a proven blue chip. This is absolutely not as bad as it looks when you consider where the picks would likely be in the draft order.

Its not a crap take. Seriously they havent had a good draft in like 7 years (2015 was mediocre). Our biggest weaknesses are offensive and defensive line and they have done nothing to fix it. Wilson staying healthy has been the luckiest thing in the world. One day our luck is going to run out. Adams will handicap our cap space for years to come. This is yet another luxury take when we cant afford it. This FO is so criminally overatted its sad.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Its not a crap take. Seriously they havent had a good draft in like 7 years (2015 was mediocre). Our biggest weaknesses are offensive and defensive line and they have done nothing to fix it. Wilson staying healthy has been the luckiest thing in the world. One day our luck is going to run out. Adams will handicap our cap space for years to come. This is yet another luxury take when we cant afford it. This FO is so criminally overatted its sad.

I like the trade Wilson isn't getting any younger we need top tier talent Now not 3-4 years from now . That's when those first round players would likely be good enough to really tilt the field and that's presuming the Seahawks picks were good choices. Adams is ready to roll right now. I'll say it again this secondary as is was not good enough bro . Diggs and a bag of chips doesn't get you a trip to the NFC Championship game.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:39 pm
  • Really I think we are trying to do two things, recognize that Wilson needs a better line, why the revamp with younger guys now instead of ageing retreads, also getting the defense back up to par. With the addition of our WR's and the abundance of TE's being fitted in plus Hyde for short yardage and back up for just in case we are going to do two things on offense, quicker plays and hitters, more beef for blocking.

This is indeed a now push for the Franchise knowing that bad things can happen so you push now and hope the stars align and some luck.

Why I still think we have one or two moves yet we are going to make.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:21 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:Also anyone that thinks Seattle's secondary was fine was not watching the same games i was last year our coverage was putrid .

None of which was the fault of McDougald.

And it actually wasn't as bad as you've been led to believe.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information