John and Pete are losing me

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
They have put a TON of resources into rebuilding the safety positions. A ton. From drafting assholes like Tedric Thompson and DeLano Hill, to now what seems like wasting a valuable 2nd round pick a year ago on Marquise Blair. They signed McDougald. They traded for Diggs the same year they drafted Blair. Now giving up way too much for a malcontent in Jamal Adams.

They make ridiculous trades seemingly every year, attempting to land a star and giving up hot draft capital in the process. They often times fail to give said player a long term deal, and end up losing them in free agency, leaving them empty handed after a one year rental. When they have extended said player, their tenure only lasts no more than two seasons.

Cowherd was right. This FO terrible. They can't draft. They can't trade. They can't develop. They are just riding their own coattails on their 3 amazing drafts from forever ago. This organization needs a reboot, starting at the top.

I know I have been on a tear lately. Pissing and moaning about The hockey team, and about the Mariners, and now about the Seahawks. But dammit, we deserve better from all parties.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Let's see if you are still crying few games into the season. Calm your ass down. We will be ok.

jmahon316

Reaction score
They spent more into the secondary this year than the past 2 years on the O-Line. Hey Russ, have fun this year bro!

John63

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1py6kyk0 said:
Let's see if you are still crying few games into the season. Calm your ass down. We will be ok.

really who is rushing the passer?

who is keeping Wilson on his feet?

sorry we have 2 HUGE wholes that remain and o sign of them getting filled.

pmedic920

Reaction score
John63":1gejwyzs said:
jamescasey1124":1gejwyzs said:

We also don’t have Cable, it’s gunna be OK.

John63

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2ufhlhjc said:
They have put a TON of resources into rebuilding the safety positions. A ton. From drafting a*hole like Tedric Thompson and DeLano Hill, to now what seems like wasting a valuable 2nd round pick a year ago on Marquise Blair. They signed McDougald. They traded for Diggs the same year they drafted Blair. Now giving up way too much for a malcontent in Jamal Adams.

They make ridiculous trades seemingly every year, attempting to land a star and giving up hot draft capital in the process. They often times fail to give said player a long term deal, and end up losing them in free agency, leaving them empty handed after a one year rental. When they have extended said player, their tenure only lasts no more than two seasons.

Cowherd was right. This FO terrible. They can't draft. They can't trade. They can't develop. They are just riding their own coattails on their 3 amazing drafts from forever ago. This organization needs a reboot, starting at the top.

I know I have been on a tear lately. Pissing and moaning about The hockey team, and about the Mariners, and now about the Seahawks. But dammit, we deserve better from all parties.

Did you expect anything different

they have been supposedly trying to fix the oline for 6 years, did you expect the defense to be any different. PC no longer has the advantage of knowing the draftees like he did in 2011-2013.

And he refuses to change to suite what he has.

Worse as long as he has Wilson he will get into the playoffs and once again bow out in the 2nd round, when he waits tolong to let Wilson loose....again.

AgentDib

Reaction score
John63":3efzro5s said:
At this point it seems safe to say that they diagnosed our sack problem as being heavily coverage related. Adding Diggs mid-season, and now Dunbar (which may not work) and then a mega deal for Jamal Adams. That approach fits the GB film where Rodgers was getting the ball out almost immediately. It also fits some of the quant thinking on value - burke had a good writeup last month and even PFF is starting to look at coverage as a defining factor.

thepeelsessions":3efzro5s said:
They have put a TON of resources into rebuilding the safety positions.... Now giving up way too much for a malcontent in Jamal Adams.
Our previous moves at safety are a sunk cost. Whether this particular trade works out or not, it is a good thing when a front office avoids the sunk cost fallacy and makes the best moves they can going forwards without worrying about how it will make them look. It's also a sign of good ownership to let the front office have the freedom not to be constantly looking over their shoulders.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Rather it be a stud safety than a DL.

If your guy cannot rush the passer, then you better have someone that can play the pass well. Adams fits that.

Also, didn't Adams have more sacks last year than any of our players?

CPHawk

Reaction score
According to PFF we already had the top LB core. Now we have arguably the top DB group. I get the cost was steep, but with the way things are this offseason, win now is the only way to go. Pete has maybe 2-5 years left. He wants another title.

Also Clowney isn't getting what he wants, I won't be shocked when he resigns a 1 year deal with Seattle. If taking a bottom 5 D in 2018, and building it back up to a top 5 D in 2 years doesn't get you excited. Then I'm not sure what to tell you.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker ... nfl-season

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks ranked #24 in the NFL in pass defense. The pass defense was a major problem why the defense was bad. Thus get the resources there to upgrade. To upgrade players on the DL will cost about $15-20M a year. They could upgrade the secondary for less. Plus they now have Irvin and Mayowa. If they had Irvin and Mayowa last season with Clowney, the pass rush wouldn't have been an issue. They had no supporting cast around Clowney and this his game suffered along with pass rush. Secondary was terrible to boot. Diggs helped toward the end but little too late. This season the secondary is a strength and the pass rush could be better because of it.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-passing-yards-per-game

John63

Reaction score
All great but not going to matter if we don't play aggressive on offense

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
John63":1s55kz97 said:
jamescasey1124":1s55kz97 said:

Um...the guys we have! I absolutely hate when people just assume a team has no talent because they haven't heard of these people before or think they just suck. Let's see if Taylor, Robinson, Green and Collier can get it done. As far as our line...who cares. Russ has been running his hole career. Literally has made a living of it and is the best at not getting hit or sliding. What are you crying about?

We just landed a guy who puts our defense back in the top ten. Now just let russ go to work.

xray

Reaction score
I wonder what I can find on Netflix tonite . :snack:

poly1274

Reaction score
Question after 2 years passes, how much are we paying Adams? Because they could had re-signed Earl. And what if Adams demands for a new contract next season and decides to sit out, and did what Earl did.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When it comes to cap issues, assuming if they do give Adams a big deal it's 2021 and beyond that the cap number is high, I am thinking this is definitely KJ Wright's last year. I hate to say it but is Bobby looking at only 1 or 2 more years?

Latest posts