Pete, Earl and Adams.

tersal

Reaction score
Big trade Adams will become the highest paid Safety in the league when he resigns. Cannot help but wonder is there an FU to Earl in this move somewhere?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
tersal":po4826ol said:
Big trade Adams will become the highest paid Safety in the league when he resigns. Cannot help but wonder is there an FU to Earl in this move somewhere?

I doubt it, Earl was creeping up in age, and a new contract would carry over through his twilight years, which the Hawks probably couldn't afford. Adam is young and has a lot more to give.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
tersal":2v0s3jce said:

I doubt it too. I doubt Pete has any hard feeling towards Earl at all.

Earl's situation was difficult he'd had two injury shortened seasons in a row and still wanted big $ when the team was cap strapped. If Earl had not been difficult he'd likely have been paid close to what he wanted regardless of his advancing age. Also if you have one of the bigger contracts on the team you need to show up and he was not showing up b/c of injuries. Each of Earl and Sherman along with Bennett started to think they were more important than their team and found the team was prepared to move on from them. The team as well needed to dump cap.

The Hawks now have cap space to make a move or too now and they will regardless of the reduced cap situation next season.

I read somewhere that many teams are concerned about the college football season being delayed and/or cancelled so the scouts will have a much harder time assessing who's really a quality draft pick making picks at the end of the first round even more difficult. our team has it's first round pick for two seasons and he's an All Pro player, who's only 24.

pmedic920

Reaction score
tersal":1snc05am said:

NFL football is a business.

Although I like the trade, it was expensive.

No way they do/did this with ETIII anywhere in their minds.

Save for Adams may be as good or better at the position.

Mix

Reaction score
tersal":37e4ahld said:

Wasn't Earl on or about to be on his 3rd contract when we let him go?

But yeah comparing that to a all pro still on his first contract rookie deal, makes a lot of sense.