Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Covid Season Be Viewed with an Asterisk?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Covid Season Be Viewed with an Asterisk?
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:34 pm
  • I was just thinking about players opting out of season, no pre-season games, possible loss of players during year for testing positive for Corona Virus, will Super Bowl winner be viewed with an asterisk? What say you?
    springscohawk
    NET Rookie

• Or Russell Wilson finally wins MVP but some other MVP candidate season cut short by Corona positive.

Would this be any different than any other year when plays out because of injury?
    springscohawk
    NET Rookie

• I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?
    chrispy
    NET Starter

• The players with plenty of scratch can deal with opting out quite nicely .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• If they give this season an asterisk, they damn well better go put an official asterisk on Super Bowl XL*.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:If they give this season an asterisk, they damn well better go put an official asterisk on Super Bowl XL*.

:ditto:
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• No the best team to plan for KOVID, will plan correctly and if we're playing it counts. and our team should relish it if that happens!

its not an advantage or (disadvantage) for New York or Seattle....(or denver) If we're playing. Have a plan, and who wins at the end CHAMPS!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Washington won 2 superbowls in strike-shortened seasons but there aren't any asterisks next to their wins
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• chrispy wrote:I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?

Absolutely!! Add 4 oz of Clorox to 10 oz of recovery water and you just "kinda clean everything out inside".

:irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Man I just hope a whole season is played
    94Smith
    NET Rookie

• Seymour wrote:
    chrispy wrote:I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?

Absolutely!! Add 4 oz of Clorox to 10 oz of recovery water and you just "kinda clean everything out inside".

Channelling your inner "Donald" are you?

jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• preseason games don't matter, it'll only be an asterisk season if they have to cut regular season or have an abbreviated playoffs.

Which I can't see happening on either front, there's too much money at stake. They'll just keep extending the season as many times as they have to in order to finish the season. Might be having our first summer Superbowl.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• jammerhawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    chrispy wrote:I'm just glad his Recovery Water will keep him healthy all season. I assume it's good against Covid if it works against concussion, right?

Channelling your inner "Donald" are you?

You got it! :D

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• I’m sure this years Lombardi trophy will look just like the other one in the trophy case.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If they shorten the season or put the season on hold until March then it will have an asterisk. If a full season is played then nothing needs to be fixed or noted in the record books.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• I could see there being an asterisk on the season if multiple elite QBs missed games or the playoffs. Other than that scenario, I think it will be remembered more as an interesting story than a asterisk levied against any particular team. Unless the Cowboys or 49ers win it all, then we should just pretend the season never happened.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Possibly, but an asterisk doesn't necessarily have to be a pejorative or have a negative connotation to it. Just used to represent an abnormality or extenuating circumstances.

Whoever wins this year's Super Bowl will have overcome so many obstacles, and adversity and challenges that extend beyond the field of play that it will feel extra special to deliver that joy to their home fans(who themselves may be struggling). Whoever wins the NFL, NBA, NHL etc should be extra proud this year IMO, and the asterisk will indicate how special of an accomplishment it truly was in the face of such a challenge.

Sports matter to communities, and delivering a championship during these times would be a hell of a morale boost to their city.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

• Sports Hernia wrote:I’m sure this years Lombardi trophy will look just like the other one in the trophy case.

No it won't :177692:
    It will have a mask wrapped around it.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• If the 49ers win, will we view it with an asterisk?
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I’m sure this years Lombardi trophy will look just like the other one in the trophy case.

No it won't :177692:
    It will have a mask wrapped around it.

I can live with that! 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information