Here is insight on why Schnieder paid so much for Adams.

niveky

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/se ... e-seahawks

scroll down, it's the 2nd or 3rd section of information. He states that he gave up what they would have had to give up in draft capital on draft day to move up for the type of talent they would be hoping for with Adams basically since they are always in the high 20's on first round picks.

poly1274

Reaction score
niveky":20tfgq4j said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/sea/seattle-seahawks

scroll down, it's the 2nd or 3rd section of information. He states that he gave up what they would have had to give up in draft capital on draft day to move up for the type of talent they would be hoping for with Adams basically since they are always in the high 20's on first round picks.

That's one of the worst things I've ever seen. Because Seattle is in the high 20s on first round picks?

They released their Starting C ( Britt) for Cap space. and what happens if RW gets injured in one of the plays. Our NFC West rivals all have good pass rushers, and to spend a minimal amount of money to protect the Franchise QB?

Smh.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
poly1274":202l4q36 said:
niveky":202l4q36 said:

That's one of the worst things I've ever seen. Because Seattle is in the high 20s on first round picks?

They released their Starting C ( Britt) for Cap space. and what happens if RW gets injured in one of the plays. Our NFC West rivals all have good pass rushers, and to spend a minimal amount of money to protect the Franchise QB?

Smh.
You speak as if Britt had no flaws and was All-Pro.

Britt was never consistent and Russ was sacked a bunch of times when Britt was the center.

Britt cost a lot of money and was not worth the money.

I don’t think I have ever seen you post anything positive about the team.

You must be a closet Seahawks hater.

LTH

Reaction score
niveky":2l6gdkf7 said:

The only difference is he is a proven commodity.. so I guess that makes a bit of sense...

LTH

poly1274

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2sc2hi5k said:
poly1274":2sc2hi5k said:
niveky":2sc2hi5k said:

Smh.

Britt was never consistent and Russ was sacked a bunch of times when Britt was the center.

Ok so you think B J Finney or Joey Hunt will be better than what Britt did. Finney is so unproven and was never a starter that played the whole season.

And Yes Britt is better than Hunt.

It cost money to get good players, and Britt wasn't the best but he held his own.

poly1274

Reaction score
Also Since people loves PFF so much

"Another first-place accomplishment the team can celebrate is center Justin Britt ranking first in PFF's 'top 4 center overall grade' with a score of 55.3."

That was for 2018-2019 Season, and last season he got injured, and that's why his play went down. You don't cut people because of 1 bad season.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
What team is Britt on right now ?

Yea exactly . He may be back on the cheap .

I love the trade . We never pick in the first round anyways . In JS and PC I trust !

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pouncy the starting Pittsburgh Center was out for a while last year, and BJ Finney became the staring C.

Said Pouncy: "BJ made himself a LOT of money the way he played."

No idea if/when Britt can play this year.

So, smart move.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lqeoahl said:
Pouncy the starting Pittsburgh Center was out for a while last year, and BJ Finney became the staring C.

Said Pouncy: "BJ made himself a LOT of money the way he played."

No idea if/when Britt can play this year.

So, smart move.

Yeah, and not even sure what future draft picks to gain a safety has to do with swapping an injured, average center for an average,, cheaper,, not injured center.

Nunya

Reaction score
poly1274":1923m8ip said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1923m8ip said:
poly1274":1923m8ip said:
niveky":1923m8ip said:

Smh.

Ok so you think B J Finney or Joey Hunt will be better than what Britt did. Finney is so unproven and was never a starter that played the whole season.

It cost money to get good players, and Britt wasn't the best but he held his own.

Britt had a very serious knee injury last season. Maybe he hasn't recovered and may never recover. Seeing as how no other team has picked him up, I would say that it is quite possible his injury might be career ending.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nunya":253v7qdo said:
poly1274":253v7qdo said:
TheLegendOfBoom":253v7qdo said:
poly1274":253v7qdo said:

Smh.

Britt had a very serious knee injury last season. Maybe he hasn't recovered and may never recover. Seeing as how no other team has picked him up, I would say that it is quite possible his injury might be career ending.

O would say he is rehabbing and working with the trainers or some trainers, hell Jim Otto had like 9 injuries on both knees back when Surgery was a butcher shop and they would wheel him out to the field and he would play and then dump him in the ice tub for 6 days, not really but, there is no need to rush, cutting him gave them room, knowing the remote possibility of a team signing him with a sever injury is minimal, now they can work any type of deal if they want him plus not feel the need to rush him back in these situations. I am sure when things were thought to be normal that was an option, now it's a blessing.

inda2o6

Reaction score
I’m fine with the amount given up to get him. This college season will be effected by the pandemic which makes scouting talent harder for the next draft or two. Picking in the later round of the draft is a crap shoot anyways with the front office. Having college teams only play their own conference will limit the game tape for scouting. People that hate the amount given up to get Adams are too focused on the round the picks are from. Adams is proven and still under 25 yrs old. Picking unproven 1st rounders hoping it works out hasn’t worked well in years, for the Seahawks but they keep trying. I’m always disappointed on day 1 of the draft, the last few years. Now, i don’t have to stress or be disappointed over it for the next 2 years. :irishdrinkers:

AgentDib

Reaction score
poly1274":2bs64yrv said:
Ok so you think B J Finney or Joey Hunt will be better than what Britt did. Finney is so unproven and was never a starter that played the whole season. And Yes Britt is better than Hunt. It cost money to get good players, and Britt wasn't the best but he held his own.
Britt would have had an $11.4m cap hit this year, which would have been the 2nd highest overall among centers. You can't pay that much money to somebody who you say wasn't "the best" even if they are healthy, but Britt had a serious knee injury and is still recovering. He may be sitting the entire season out, or he could resign as a cheap backup somewhere. He could even resign here later in the year if he's completely healthy again and wants to play at a much lower figure.

BJ Finney on the other hand played as well as Britt did last season and has a much smaller ($3.5m) cap hit. Even if you really don't like him, it should be obvious that Finney's chances of performing up to a $3.5m contract are vastly better than Britt performing up to an $11.4m! contract coming off knee surgery.

Ethan Pocic should also be discussed here. He was one of the top centers in the draft, and we selected him while Britt was still deciding over the extension and our center position was uncertain. However, Britt signed the extension shortly afterwards and we've spent a couple of years plugging Pocic in as a guard with poor results. The main problem Pocic has had is leverage, as he has an ideal center frame (tall with long arms) but doesn't have the lower body mass and strength for guard. Britt himself had many of the same issues which were alleviated by moving to center, so ruling Pocic out at his natural position is crazy if you are also talking up Britt. Pocic is playing on just a $1.4m cap hit.

nwHawk

Reaction score
poly1274":2daazcku said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2daazcku said:
poly1274":2daazcku said:
niveky":2daazcku said:

Smh.

Well, based on that logic should we have kept Ifedi too?

tersal

Reaction score
niveky":3mbp8q4l said:

True also with Carson, Diggs , Griffen And possibly Dunbar requiring new contracts giving up the draft capital is not a bad idea. I estimate 22-27 million to help keep proven talent. I like it.

D

DomeHawk

I click on the thread thinking it is about Adams (as the title states) and all anyone is talking about is Britt?

Back to Adams. There is pro-bowl talent and then there is all-pro talent, two different things. Adams is all-pro level talent and that is rare, even in the lower part of the 1st round. What we got was an ET-type talent that we can build around. To quote a cliche, "he makes everyone around him better."

xray

Reaction score
Giving up two 1sts and a 3rd seems steep , while noticing the Jets went 7-9 last season with Adams .

tersal

Reaction score
xray":1386t2xh said:
Giving up two 1sts and a 3rd seems steep , while noticing the Jets went 7-9 last season with Adams .

Hello, the Jets do not have Russ!