Will Dissly .....

toffee

Reaction score
Great news! Hoping Uncle Will makes full recovery. Passing physical doesn't necessarily meant he could make all the cuts, moves etc. But I am having my fingers crossed.

Go Uncle Will!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maulbert

Reaction score
I'm glad, but I'd be far happier if it didn't feel like he was made of glass. When he's on the field, he's honestly looked to me like the best TE Russ has had to work with by a mile, better than either Graham or Miller.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Great news!

Didn’t expect Dissly to do anything since I watched him at UW but this guy can potentially be the best TE to ever come out of UW.

Better than that knucklehead Jeremy Stevens.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
This offense is completely different with him in it. This is outstanding news.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope he wears a brace this season, just to give the knee a chance to strengthen in a real world situation.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Good news and I hope he can stay healthy. If he gets hurt again this season, i'm afraid his time in Seattle will come to a close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love hearing this, and I'm not surprised at how hard he has been working to get back. He's another player who makes this team a lot better. And his blocking abilities are as good as just about any TE in the league. On THIS team, that his huge. I don't see him as Mr. Glass at all. He got injured a couple times, that doesn't make you Mr. Glass. C.J. Prosise, Deion Branch.....those guys are and were true Mr. Glass candidates.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ezs3myp said:
I hope he wears a brace this season, just to give the knee a chance to strengthen in a real world situation.
I'm not sure that will make much difference to his achilles injury.

xray

Reaction score
One more season ending injury and his NFL career will be in doubt .

Mad Dog

Reaction score
chris98251":116mvndp said:

Umm, he tore his achilles so a knee brace won't fix that. The patellar tendon was the previous year and a brace really doesn't help that problem. Braces support ligaments but do very little for tendon ruptures.

I personally hope Will is loading up on vitamin C. That collagen needs some added strength.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Diss is young, so that helps. And the advancements in surgical procedures and success rates over the past 40 years has been phenomenal. But the particular injuries he has suffered stick in the back of my mind as lifetime altering that can be overcome in youth but come back to bite you later.
Hoping all the best for him, but I'd be sure to have a good backup or two, on hand.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We really only need him for the playoffs.

I would rather have an exceptional player for 2-4 games in the regular season and then making a difference in the playoffs than a consistently good player (but no more than good) player through the entire regular season and playoffs.

Let him get stronger, keep working, and hold him out of the 1st half of the season. The bar to the playoffs is lower so better to have great players that win games for you in the playoffs (even with road games) than home field advantage but none of those players available.

I don't get or agree with the sentiment that if he cannot stay healthy we cannot keep him. If anything it makes him cheaper later. You take talent where you can get it. He clearly has that, just durability issues (potentially). Does not mean he cannot be very valuable to us later.

We will need some regular season games to recover and continue to develop, but he has shown he is worth a roster spot if only just for the value in the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about the Achilles part, so many injuries I crossed it up, you can burn me at the stake I guess while others throw tar and gasoline on me, someone can use a fire hose to put it out and then you can reignite me again.

tifferradish

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, Dissly can be our Kittle. I know I’ll get roasted for this, but I think he can be better.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
tifferradish":3bk3fc0w said:
I don’t care what anyone says, Dissly can be our Kittle. I know I’ll get roasted for this, but I think he can be better.

Roast you?

I don’t think Dissly can have the full impact that Kittle does but sure don’t consider him JAG.

I don’t think he’s come close to his potential, I’m stoked to know he should be making a return.