Seahawks 53-man roster projection

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawks 53-man roster projection: An updated look at who might make the cut for Seattle
Aug. 10, 2020 at 6:00 am Bob Condotta

OFFENSIVE LINE

Keep: Duane Brown, Brandon Shell, Cedric Ogbuehi, Mike Iupati, Jordan Simmons, Damien Lewis, Phil Haynes, B.J. Finney, Ethan Pocic.

Cut: Chad Wheeler, Tommy Champion, Kyle Fuller, Jamarco Jones.

Comment: Remember when the Seahawks had 19 offensive linemen in April? That number is now down to 13, with recent moves including Chance Warmack opting out and the release of Joey Hunt. Those moves also make figuring out the line a little easier. Still, there will be lots of intrigue here with only Brown and Iupati returning to the positions they started at last year.

Seattle could well go with 10 and in that scenario they’d almost certainly keep Jones. I’m siding with Simmons instead of Jones for now based on the potential he flashed in a few starts in 2018. But he’s coming off a knee injury and will need to show he’s healthy.

New roster rules this year, though, also could come into play here. Teams this year will be allowed to have 48 players active on gameday as long as eight of them are offensive linemen.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... r-seattle/

nwHawk

Reaction score
Cutting Jones would be a surprise. I think we would carry 10 OL, especially since we have Adams and Dunbar firmly in the fold. Our secondary won't be a crap pile of bodies this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
With expanded PS and IR Redshirt designation, we are at a 57 man roster up 4 this year, add 16 PS guys up 6 this year that's 73 players right there, now add IR.

Not going to be a lot of attrition other then pick ups from cuts.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present the team still has to do the initial cuts to 53 before the 57 man roster can become effective with the addition back to the PS of the 16 players of which 4 can be protected, thus 57.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
nwHawk":qm5gf9eh said:
Cutting Jones would be a surprise. I think we would carry 10 OL, especially since we have Adams and Dunbar firmly in the fold. Our secondary won't be a crap pile of bodies this year.

I'm with you on this. Jamarco Jones played very well. Pete was raving about how well he did for just getting thrown in there.

kf3339

Reaction score
ivotuk":278yp18i said:
nwHawk":278yp18i said:

I'm with you on this. Jamarco Jones played very well. Pete was raving about how well he did for just getting thrown in there.

Yep, there not cutting Jones. He is our 4th OT on the team. Perhaps even 3rd OT.

Latest posts