Does anyone else remember Dave Krieg?

groundchucklives

Reaction score
....or just me??? I know I am probably the oldest guy on here, so most of you kids probably don't even remember Krieg, but he was a damn good QB who was also underrated.

Jville

Reaction score
I used to claim that he must have been before my time.

But, that was before my memory and age was brought into question.

Now I go ahead an acknowledge recalling Mudbone.

To this day, I view his career as a testament to true grit.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think if you hang around here enough you'll see there's plenty of us who remember Neil Graff, Bill Munson and the lefty from Cal Poly-Pomona.

sutz

Reaction score
Yep. Kried to Largent was a thing for several years. Some of our best years, pre-Holmgren.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That game against the Chiefs in KC where he was sacked 8 or 9 times but got the game winning TD pass to Skansi. Krieg is one of the main reasons for the Seahawks finishing 12-4 in 1984 (season Curt Warner got injured in the 1st game and missed the rest of the season).

balakoth

Reaction score
Definitely not the oldest person on here if you are using Krieg as a reference .. ROFL.. kids? good grief...

Welcome to the board I guess?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
How can you forget a dude who had 108 fumbles and 148 interceptions in 119 starts for this team? I loved the guy as a kid and QBs turned it over more in those days but...oof.

James in PA

Reaction score
Milton College!
RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaumaris

Reaction score
groundchucklives":18zk05u6 said:
....or just me??? I know I am probably the oldest guy on here, so most of you kids probably don't even remember Krieg, but he was a damn good QB who was also underrated.
Absolutely he was.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh that guy undrafted from a College that no longer has a football program, had small hands and took over for Zorn and who drove Knox nuts but found a way to win most the time. Wore number 17 was traded to the Chiefs and then to the Lions and almost took them to the playoffs after Woodley was hurt.

Nope don't remember him.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Dave was lots of fun (along with some gnashing of teeth). He was on the radio just recently. I really enjoyed that.
Had a good time visiting the locker room right after we won the playoff spot in the Dome against the Raiders. One of my sons was with me and he got loaded up with autographs and keepsakes before everyone started heading for the parking lot.
LOVED that win in KC on the last play of the game. That was back when we just couldn't win in KC or Denver. But we gave em heck at our place...sometimes. Those 'growing pain' years were fun times despite the heartaches. Going through all that stuff is what makes what we have become so sweet!

endzorn

Reaction score
Of course I remember him. When I was a kid a I thought he was a damn wizard.

Attachments

• 907830E5-9AEB-4FD2-9C5E-5AFCA574DF26.jpeg
    907830E5-9AEB-4FD2-9C5E-5AFCA574DF26.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 1,220

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Really liked him a lot... except for those small hands.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I remember Krieg beating out Sam Adkins for the #2 job, then replacing Zorn!

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Had some really good moments with Krieg.But he gets my vote for the All time NFL Quarterbacks with the most Balls slipped out of his hands( i swear he must have some small hands?) and the Quarterback who didn't know how to adjust his chin strap properly it always ended up under his nose.