Does anyone else remember the Cortez Kennedy commercial?

groundchucklives

Reaction score
....anyone else remember the old ESPN Sunday Night Football commercial where there are a bunch of school kids singing a rhyming song about how everyone should be watching, ESPN's Sunday Night Football, and the song ended with them making a threat about how if you don't watch, "Cortez Kennedy with find your house!" and he was standing there in uniform looking at the camera! lol. Does anyone else remember that commercial or just me? I can't find it anywhere on the internet which is odd. When I search for "Cortez Kennedy ESPN Sunday night football commercial" I just get the one with the electric football board. Anyway, does anyone else remember the commercial I am talking about? It was hilarious. It implied that if you didn't watch ESPN Sunday Night Football, Tez would find your house and beat the poop out of you, haha! I would say i probably aired in the early to mid 90's.

dbmack

Reaction score
I couldn't find the ad but I found a reference to it by a Twitter poster

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevelawlis/status/231831743613788160[/tweet]

OP
OP
G

groundchucklives

Reaction score
dbmack":z9nd34e8 said:
I couldn't find the ad but I found a reference to it by a Twitter poster

[tweet]https://twitter.com/stevelawlis/status/231831743613788160[/tweet]

haha thanks for the find, dbmack! Now that I have the lyric, I googled it and found the full song....still can't find the video for the commercial though, unfortunately, but it is nice to know that I wasn't the only person on planet earth who saw that commercial for espn sunday night football back in the early 90's!! I can't believe none of you guys remembers it.....I guess I am the only old-timer on the board who remembers those old Dennis Erickson-led Hawks teams...:*( anyway, here is the full song!

It's an old Monday Night Football ad:

You gotta watch the games are great,

You gotta watch and stay up late.

They'll toss a coin and kick the ball,

They'll pull a groin, you'll watch it all.

If you don't watch then you're a louse,

Mr. Cortez Kennedy will find your house.