Seahawks claim LEO - D'Andre Walker

nanomoz

Reaction score
I wanted him in the draft a couple years ago.

When i went over other teams' cuts, he was one of only half a dozen name that stood out. Another was TY McGill.

keasley45

Reaction score
I like this pickup. This guy is what they call a 'man', a dog. If he can get over whatever injuries he has had, could be a huge add. Check out the clip at about 60 seconds in where he obliterates two NC players to make the stop. Sheesh.

https://youtu.be/XnQogSguUy4

nwHawk

Reaction score
I wanted Walker in last year's draft. I think he's a good fit, but time will tell. Looks to have good strength and quickness. Welcome to the team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's got some good measurabes

Height 6' 2"
Weight 251 lbs
Arms 34 3/8”
Hands 9 7/8”

Wonder why Georgia never started him until his senior season?

Coaches finally inserted him into the starting lineup as a senior, and he led the team with 11 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks among his 45 tackles in 13 starts.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d'andre-w ... 06918182d1

nwHawk

Reaction score
Being a hybrid OLB, he looked very good crashing the edge, but maybe he wasn't always a strong player in space covering passes prior to his last year at Georgia? Looks like a LEO in Pete's system.

keasley45

Reaction score
What a heist it would be if one of the guys Tennessee dropped to sign Clowney becomes a major piece in our defensive rush scheme...

stang233

Reaction score
What I see is a kid that is often bigger and stronger than most guys on the field with some of the worst technique out there. If technique can be cleaned up and he has had the motor watch out.

SeahawkNAtl

Reaction score
I am totally amped by this pick up. Even though I live in Seattle now, I was born an raised in Atlanta. I actually saw this kid growing up playing football at the park where I coached the 14u team. He was always dominant. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to coach him. I switched parks by the time he made it to 14u. I did have to coach against him though, and he was a BEAST!

So hopefully he can stay healthy... Time will tell! :2thumbs:

beaumaris

Reaction score
keasley45":2ml4dgsi said:
What a heist it would be if one of the guys Tennessee dropped to sign Clowney becomes a major piece in our defensive rush scheme...
I am thinking the same. :2thumbs:

toffee

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2lnx43zl said:
Watched the vid and he's a hell of a tackler...the guy is like velcro. Hope he can stay healthy and contribute!
We haven't had a lot of lucky in the past couple of years on reclaim projects. Let's hope our luck changes with this guy.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
keasley45":388pjphg said:

This is pretty much the view I'm warming up to. He may need some schooling but looks to have the motor to make an impact. Hope that turns out to be the case with Collier, but at this point I'd put my money on Walker. He might also turn out to be a guy to team with Brooks in the event we lost both Wags and KJ to a crippled cap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
No one thought much of Chris Clemons when Seattle first acquired him from Philly. But he was a perfect fit. Hopefully Pete has found another good player who can thrive in his system.