Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance that Rog pulls a fast one and suspends Dunbar

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Before the season starts next Sunday? Or is it a done deal, and he’s in the clear?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I would guess that all suspensions starting in Week 1 would have already been announced by now.

He could still be suspended at a later date.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Nah, he's going to wait for when we have bigger games coming up, probably near the end of the season while we're fighting for the division.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Given the reality he was not prosecuted for the ‘alleged robbery’ where he was supposed to be a party to the offence. I doubt the issue of his suspension is reconsidered until after testimony in the case becomes public. Then there could be a risk of a suspension but somehow I doubt that will happen.

Goddell or no Goddell.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Given the reality he was not prosecuted for the ‘alleged robbery’ where he was supposed to be a party to the offence. I doubt the issue of his suspension is reconsidered until after testimony in the case becomes public. Then there could be a risk of a suspension but somehow I doubt that will happen.

Goddell or no Goddell.

With all the facts now presented, Mr. Dunbar while not charged with a crime committed conduct detrimental to the league, there will be no fine but a 4 game suspension.

Or something like it...

I expect this to happen about the beginning of November, Baker is getting released this week supposedly, they have to churn reports still and given we are still waiting on Gordons reinstatement it is always at the worst possible time he does stuff with us.

If nothing happens that is great, but I don't trust the NFL when it comes to stuff like this and is high profile.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I might be crazy but I don't think Dunbar misses time. Given the social / political climate, Roger is for sure weighing the collateral damage of making a guy miss games for, according to the courts, doing nothing worth prosecuting. I don't think it will be worth the PR risk for him and the league at the present moment. They got the real culprit. Justice served on this one ... just my opinion.
    keasley45
    NET Rookie

• chris98251 wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Given the reality he was not prosecuted for the ‘alleged robbery’ where he was supposed to be a party to the offence. I doubt the issue of his suspension is reconsidered until after testimony in the case becomes public. Then there could be a risk of a suspension but somehow I doubt that will happen.

Goddell or no Goddell.

With all the facts now presented, Mr. Dunbar while not charged with a crime committed conduct detrimental to the league, there will be no fine but a 4 game suspension.

Or something like it...

I expect this to happen about the beginning of November, Baker is getting released this week supposedly, they have to churn reports still and given we are still waiting on Gordons reinstatement it is always at the worst possible time he does stuff with us.

If nothing happens that is great, but I don't trust the NFL when it comes to stuff like this and is high profile.

Don't think the case against Baker goes to the Grand Jury until next spring. Florida is really backed up.

I doubt Goddell interferes with Dunbar until next season if at all.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• UPDATE: Dunbar may not be clear of legal trouble. New damning text messages brought to light.

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'll be looking forward to seeing him on the field.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• For as confusing and arbitrary as Goodell is about who he decides to suspend, and how long the suspension is.........................he's usually very thorough and patient in compiling information and waiting until the legal matters play before handing out the suspension.

I mean, he waited almost two years to suspend Reed.

So my guess is Dunbar is good for a while at least before Goodell hands down the suspension. Or he might put Dunbar back on the exempt list if these new texts are valid and damning enough to warrant it.

Which is why I think we're going to see Flowers start Sunday, and probably for a while until there's more clarity about Dunbar's legal status.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah, it does seems like Flowers will be the starter, for now. Not just because of all of the possible suspension stuff for Dunbar, but having a very short time getting his reps with the team.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Recalling my hedge reminder in a previous thread that the prosecution DID NOT SAY they thought Dunbar was innocent, but said they did not possess sufficient evidence to pursue prosecution. This would appear to be more evidence they might not have had at that time. They can change their mind about preferring charges at any time they feel they have procured sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Once again the football gods has spread cheek and ram football up my you know what...Why do i have a feeling God-dell is going to suspend Dunbar right at the beginning of the playoffs when we pay against Bucs.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Honestly, if this goes on too much longer, it may be better to just release him. Regardless of prosecution, if the team becomes almost sure that he committed a literal armed robbery, better to cut their losses. That's obviously extremely unhealthy behavior, and can't be great for the team.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:UPDATE: Dunbar may not be clear of legal trouble. New damning text messages brought to light.

The hav ehad thos efor over a week and nothing so nothing new.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• if what's reported to be in the texts is true, i dont think it changes anything. The article claims the texts are not attributed to dunbar, but rather a 'witness' that claims in the texts that Dunbar was involved. This would seem to be no different than the initial claims by 'witnesses' that he was Baker's accomplice. On the surface, it seems like nothing new - just more of the same.
    keasley45
    NET Rookie

• This new info definitely doesn't help. I think that even if Dunbar doesn't get into hot water legally over these he will still get 4 to 8 games. And if he gets charges brought then obv he's getting cut.
    beastalamode
    NET Rookie

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information