Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todd Gurley

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Todd Gurley
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:06 am
  • The 1st game is on the road vs Atlanta & Todd Gurley won't be easy . Gurley has run all over the Hawks since he came into the league . He has had more success against the Hawks than any other team . He is not the back he was once ,but he will be healthy and fresh for week one . This 1st game will show what kind of D-line we have .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Re: Todd Gurley
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 am
  • Their site reported Gurley performed very well vs their own defensive line in scrimmage. Said he was sharp and fast to get the edge.
    "This 1st game will show what kind of D-line we have ."
    It may also be very revealing about how good our secondary is. The Falcons have an impressive receiving crew and a QB who can get hot if allowed to play in rhythm.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:12 am
  • Gurley doesn't play Defense, and the Hawks are gonna' shred that Atlanta D.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 am
  • Not saying that Gurley isn't a very good back, but how much of his previous success was him vs our D not being able to handle Sean McVey schemes ever since he took over the Rams?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:26 am
  • Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

Gurley's always been big and fast, but not quick. I don't see him getting to the holes before Bobby, Bruce, and KJ...
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am
  • Own The West wrote:Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

Gurley's always been big and fast, but not quick. I don't see him getting to the holes before Bobby, Bruce, and KJ...

3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am
  • Can't deny I'm excited to see what Gurley brings to the table for Atlanta... I remember him being a total beast at Georgia... and he did well with the Rams for a bit.

The Falcons best years were when they had the running game to compliment the receivers... so this should be fun to watch. Hope Gurley stays healthy.

Good luck on Sunday.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:56 am
  • Should be a hell of a battle. I think the game comes down to the wire to be honest.
    Shoot, any time you go up against a ridiculous talent like Julio Jones, it's always a battle.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:07 pm
  • The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:49 pm
  • xray wrote:The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?

We need the immovable wall guy inside, I also think we got away from swarm tackling, remember the days of 5 guys hitting the ball carrier.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:44 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    xray wrote:The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?

We need the immovable wall guy inside, I also think we got away from swarm tackling, remember the days of 5 guys hitting the ball carrier.

That would get flags now ." Unnecessary tackling ".
    xray
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 pm
  • Gurley is a shadow of what he used to be. Arthritis will continue to limit his effectiveness right into retirement. I don't know why people still think he's a threat.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

I know it is just one year and does not change your point which is well taken but Bobby turned 30 in june and KJ turned 31 in July with Irvin now 32 the median age would be a spry 31 not the decrepit 32. Long story short... hear's hoping they got one good run left in em.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:59 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

honest this is not
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:03 pm
  • In an empty stadium, the field mics will pick up Gurley's knee crunching when he runs.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:06 am
  • TreeRon wrote:"Bobby fell off a cliff last year." Completely ridiculous statement.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker ... nfl-season

This is how the Article you listed starts: "Even with Bobby Wagner taking a step back last season"

Lmao
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 am
  • Smellyman wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

honest this is not

You must have missed KJ trailing RB's and TE's all last season. It was hard to watch.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:31 am
  • Bobby did take a step back. He did not fall off a cliff. Those are two different things.

Also, a lot of the struggles our LBs had last year was related to the coaching staff's decision to play a lot of base defense. We're going back to a heavily nickel philosophy this year.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:37 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Gurley doesn't play Defense, and the Hawks are gonna' shred that Atlanta D.

This!

I hope Wilson shreds Atlanta for 5 TDs all to DK Metcalf!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:42 am
  • Gurly doesn't scare me anywhere near what he did 5 years ago.

He's in the twilight of his career.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:57 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:"Bobby fell off a cliff last year." Completely ridiculous statement.

This is how the Article you listed starts: "Even with Bobby Wagner taking a step back last season"

Lmao

hahaha. that was good.

yeah, Bobby definitely lost a step in quickness. It compares to me as the post injury, 2017? i think Lockett. You would see him on the field, and you recognize the player, you see the potential quickness, but he just wasn't hitting that gear you swore you saw before the injury. That's what Bobby looks like to me for all of 2019. Just top heavy and one millisecond behind plays that i remember him being ahead of in the past. When I watch Fred Warner play i see the speed I used to see in bobby. But hey, i'd still take 2020 bobby over a metric boatload of NFL backers...
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:03 pm
  • I'm not overly worried about Gurley. Tackling is a concern with limited practices and no preseason, but that affects the Falcons as well and should benefit Carson equally. If they have a big day on the ground then our offense should too.

My bigger concern about this game is just simple mistakes due to it being a road opener and our lack of practice time. I expect the post game conference to be full of discussions about how they just need to tighten up their run fits, fix communication issues on the OL, avoid penalties and eliminate turnovers.

RCATES wrote:This is how the Article you listed starts: "Even with Bobby Wagner taking a step back last season"

And this is how it continues: "... the Seahawks have the best linebacking corps in the league. Wagner has the second-best overall grade in the league over the past two years (90.5)".
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:20 pm
  • RCATES wrote:3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

I cant agree with this because I dont think Wright is serviceable anymore. While Wagner took a step back, it was Wright that fell off the cliff. While some people laud the Hawks LB corp, i'm concerned about them. Very concerned actually.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:03 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    RCATES wrote:3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

I cant agree with this because I dont think Wright is serviceable anymore. While Wagner took a step back, it was Wright that fell off the cliff. While some people laud the Hawks LB corp, i'm concerned about them. Very concerned actually.

Yeah I agree. Both Wagner and Wright looked slow last year and were constantly out of position.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:51 pm
  • I will guarantee that Carroll is making sure that the defense take Todd Gurley seriously in this game .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:56 pm
  • We had Dline issues last year, not talking edge as much as inside, those guys have two things to do, stop the run and push the pocket as well as keep the O lineman from getting to the next level. When they do it messes with angles and or creates situations where a Linebacker has to fight them off and disengage and then find carrier and or receiver and his angle again.

Why people thought Lewis and Suggs had lost a step also for a while. The D line didn't give them room to play in space.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:03 pm
  • These posts amplify why the Pre-season games are so important. The Hawks are stepping onto an opponents field of play with "WAG" as to how this team will respond. The posters here are also guessing how our Defense will perform against an outstanding RB. If the Hawks perform based on previous first games on the Road....we could find ourselves down by 14 points at the end of the first quarter.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 am
  • I'm thinking our front 7 may surprise us this year. Everything on paper...says it shouldn't. Additionally, if it weren't for our secondary, I'd guess that our preseason defensive ranking would be damn near the bottom.

But...I have a feeling that we are going to "over-perform" with the guys we brought in. Not to mention, LJ getting the go ahead nod has me anxious as all get out. I'm praying that we get to see a hint of why he was drafted high.
    Elemas
    NET Starter

Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:04 am
  • chris98251 wrote:We had Dline issues last year, not talking edge as much as inside, those guys have two things to do, stop the run and push the pocket as well as keep the O lineman from getting to the next level. When they do it messes with angles and or creates situations where a Linebacker has to fight them off and disengage and then find carrier and or receiver and his angle again.

Why people thought Lewis and Suggs had lost a step also for a while. The D line didn't give them room to play in space.

What happened to Poona Ford? Looked fantastic at the start last year.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:57 am
  • Re. Wagner, I thought I saw plays last year where he had to try and stay with a slot receiver or a back on crossing routes across the field due to so much base D. Pretty tough for him and then add in lack of pass rush and I don't know how many linebackers could have looked good in that situation.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:12 pm
  • xray wrote:The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?
    Collier

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:46 pm
  • I'm not worried about KJ in these early games. I was pushing to trade him last off season, then he came out of the starting blocks on fire. I felt like I had made a mistake.

However, midway through the season, it became clear that he lost the stamina to keep it up for a full season. His critics will focus on the second half of the season.

Was it injury related? Perhaps. I think it is age. Getting some young, rotational players into the linebacking Corp will help.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:20 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:"Bobby fell off a cliff last year." Completely ridiculous statement.

Lmao

LMAO all you want, but it's hardly falling off a cliff and it's still ridiculous.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:26 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    RCATES wrote:3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

Yeah I agree. Both Wagner and Wright looked slow last year and were constantly out of position.

Jordyn Brooks. Speed Kills. Assuming Brooks is healthy, he will be a major contributor earlier than most expect. He'll be corralling Gurley, along with Jamal Adams. Two speedy difference-makers the Hawks didn't have last year. I expect Gurley to get stuffed a lot. Sure, he'll have a couple good runs, but not at-will, like the Rams used to abuse us with him.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:19 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Jordyn Brooks. Speed Kills. Assuming Brooks is healthy, he will be a major contributor earlier than most expect. He'll be corralling Gurley, along with Jamal Adams. Two speedy difference-makers the Hawks didn't have last year. I expect Gurley to get stuffed a lot. Sure, he'll have a couple good runs, but not at-will, like the Rams used to abuse us with him.

Irvin is great setting the edge too.

edge rushes won't kill the hawks like last year.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:59 pm
  • How we feeling about Wagner after that game ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:How we feeling about Wagner after that game ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a great game. Not feeling great about Brooks though.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:04 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:How we feeling about Wagner after that game ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a great game. Not feeling great about Brooks though.

Patrick Queen led Baltimore in tackles, forced a fumble, had a sack...

time will tell
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information