Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to watch the Seahawks out of market

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
How to watch the Seahawks out of market
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:27 am
  • I recently moved to San Antonio, and I have a house being built. Unfortunately it won't be ready until mid or late October. I normally have the NFL Sunday Ticket, but since I don't have my own home yet, that's not an option. I feel like sports bars or places like BWW may not be a viable option with the virus still going around. So, what is the best legal way to watch the Seahawks on Sunday? I don't mind paying money if I have to.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Some methods we don't like to post that kind of info in a thread, but I'm sure someone will PM you.

There are getting to be more and more legit methods though. The info usually comes out a day or two before the game. :2thumbs:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I think you can still get NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV. You should be able to download the app and pay the monthly charge.
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

• Just want to say this is a GREAT thread, lol.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Bench Warmer

• dutchcoug wrote:I think you can still get NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV. You should be able to download the app and pay the monthly charge.

Actually I tried that. I'm ineligible, because I'm staying in a house, even though its not mine.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Unless there is a specific reason not to, just find a sports restaurant that has the Direct TV NFL ticket. I know many Red Robin restaurant's have it and sure other restaurants will as well. There is always plenty of TV's and you can ask for the game to be shown near you. It works fine.

I have been doing this for several years on out of market games.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I took a trip to San Diego (aka “A whale’s vajay jay” Anchorman) last year and the restaurant/slash bar in the hotel has access to NFL sunday ticket and we are able to watch the Hawks and Atlanta.

Many hotel establishments have restaurants and bars in them, I reckon there may be a spot in San Antonio that will offer the game.

Of course, I was with a crowd of other 12s in our jerseys so they of course had to put on the game for us.

We purchased a lot of food and beer so they didn’t mind.

Of course there’s no longer a team in San Diego so they really did not care.

And Seattle whupped Atlanta real good!

It was a great Halloween weekend in San Diego!

San Diego is a great city!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons: How to Watch, Listen and Live Stream on September 13
    Time, TV, radio, live stream, and everything else you need to know to follow the Week One match-up in Atlanta on September 13, 2020.

For fans in the local market, the game will be available to watch on mobile devices via the Seahawks mobile app and Seahawks.com, as well as the NFL app and Yahoo! Sports (mobile browser or app) regardless of mobile provider.*

Seahawks.com, the Seahawks mobile app, and Seahawks social media channels will provide game coverage throughout the afternoon. Follow the Seahawks on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for live gameday updates, videos and behind-the-scenes photos.

Seahawks Mobile App

https://www.seahawks.com/app/

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... tch-091320
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Erebus wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:I think you can still get NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV. You should be able to download the app and pay the monthly charge.

Actually I tried that. I'm ineligible, because I'm staying in a house, even though its not mine.

Have you tried lying about your address? Not sure if they do any verification....

I'll PM you another method.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• NFL International GamePass includes the ability to watch any NFL game live. It doesn't matter where you live when signing up for it, but accessing it requires having an international IP address.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Did you formally cancel your Sunday Ticket account? It just renews automatically each year.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• I'm just hoping the Sea/Atl game is national. Otherwise I'll be grabbing an APP.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Appyhawk wrote:I'm just hoping the Sea/Atl game is national. Otherwise I'll be grabbing an APP.

It's not. Already saw the coverage map. Sorry, no link. It was on reddit somewhere.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Here's a link to NFL TV schedule maps -
    https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=1

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know how far out they decide the viewing maps? Is it only available for the upcoming week?
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Check out DAZN.com -- every game + Red Zone .... also huge Euro soccer coverage.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

• You should be able to use Stanford's research project website: https://puffer.stanford.edu/

Its local California channels but this Sunday's game being the early game it should be playing on Fox there for free based on the broadcast map. And it's 100% legal, without sketchy ads and pop-ups containing malware.

You can also try Locast.org with a VPN pointed to a pnw location.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Erebus wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Here's a link to NFL TV schedule maps -

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know how far out they decide the viewing maps? Is it only available for the upcoming week?

You’re welcome. I believe they do it only for the upcoming week. Usually by Tuesday or Wednesday of each week.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• chet380 wrote:Check out DAZN.com -- every game + Red Zone .... also huge Euro soccer coverage.

Pretty sure this is the answer. At least in Canada it would be.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:Unless there is a specific reason not to, just find a sports restaurant that has the Direct TV NFL ticket. I know many Red Robin restaurant's have it and sure other restaurants will as well. There is always plenty of TV's and you can ask for the game to be shown near you. It works fine.

I have been doing this for several years on out of market games.

Normally yes. But like OP said, he doesn’t really want to because of covid.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    Erebus wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Here's a link to NFL TV schedule maps -

You’re welcome. I believe they do it only for the upcoming week. Usually by Tuesday or Wednesday of each week.

That’s about right. They can change at the last minute. It’s up to the local broadcaster.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Erebus wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:I think you can still get NFL Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV. You should be able to download the app and pay the monthly charge.

Have you tried lying about your address? Not sure if they do any verification....

I'll PM you another method.

The billing address on the credit card
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Note to anyone trying to get NFL Sunday ticket including OP.. if you are a student or know anyone whos a student.. they have a student rate thats only 100 bucks for the whole season. Have done it the last couple years with my sisters info
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:https://puffer.stanford.edu/
    https://www.locast.org

...No need for other illegal methods or lying...
    The Locast app is using geolocation on my iPhone. It won't work without having location services enabled.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I'm trying the puffer route. Trouble with that, according to terms, is they only allow 500 watchers of a single broadcast.
    If that doesn't work I'll sign up with gamepass.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I signed up on Puffer last night so I could watch (I'm TDY in San Diego until next April), and with the 500 user limit I signed in at like 7:30 this morning.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• sc85sis wrote:
    DJrmb wrote:https://puffer.stanford.edu/
    https://www.locast.org

...No need for other illegal methods or lying...
    The Locast app is using geolocation on my iPhone. It won't work without having location services enabled.

You should be able to use just the website, not the app. Use the website with a VPN and it should let you view.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Puffer worked perfect for me. The pic size wasn't very big, but big enough to see the game. I didn't bother trying to hook my computer up to the big screen sitting in the corner. Guessing the dpi wouldn't be good enough for that. Even so, you better have ample bandwidth allowance. One game (plus all the commercials and halftime) eats up a good batch of that.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information