Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That game should settle one thing...

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
That game should settle one thing...
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:27 pm
  • Jamal Adams is absolutely worth the bounty we gave up for him. Hell, the Jets should be ripped for not getting more. What a freaking God of a player!
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Re: That game should settle one thing...
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:28 pm
  • Rat wrote:Jamal Adams is absolutely worth the bounty we gave up for him. Hell, the Jets should be ripped for not getting more. What a freaking God of a player!

Agreed
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:32 pm
  • Not feeling bad about that bounty in the least. DPOY candidate.

He was everywhere. Him and Wagner were lights out. And that Atlanta team is no slouch offensively. They are stacked at receiver and Gurley is solid still. And Ryan is a top 10 QB.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:33 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Not feeling bad about that bounty in the least. DPOY candidate.

He was everywhere. Him and Wagner were lights out. And that Atlanta team is no slouch offensively. They are stacked at receiver and Gurley is solid still. And Ryan is a top 10 QB.

Kind of funny that Adams' biggest DPOY threat might be a player on his own team.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm
  • It settles NOTHING

Most of us perplexed by the trade were not arguing that he isn't an all-star.

We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will. The value of the trade is dependent on his play AND an extension being agreed upon
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:42 pm
  • mikeak wrote:It settles NOTHING

We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will. The value of the trade is dependent on his play AND an extension being agreed upon

if not a payday for this guy then who? He will get paid by the hawks if he stays healthy this year. He will set the bar for safety.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:48 pm
  • I don't think I've ever seen such a dominant performance at the safety position, he was definitely worth everything the Hawks gave up to get him and then some.
    Polk738
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:52 pm
  • mikeak wrote:It settles NOTHING

He will deserve top safety pay. These are the types of guys you open the bank for. If a team can’t afford two top players they aren’t managing their cap well.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:55 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:He will deserve top safety pay. These are the types of guys you open the bank for. If a team can’t afford two top players they aren’t managing their cap well.

He deserves top defensive player pay. Another thing this game should have made obvious to all those who criticized the trade is that Adams is so much more than "just a safety".
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:56 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    Mad Dog wrote:Not feeling bad about that bounty in the least. DPOY candidate.

Kind of funny that Adams' biggest DPOY threat might be a player on his own team.
    What a glorious problem to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mort
    NET Starter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:57 pm
  • And they schemed to use him. Surprised me. Kam and Earl had two sacks combine in their Hawks careers.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:09 pm
  • Speaking of that trade, it looks like McDougald had a solid debut for the Jets, at least statistically: 8 tackles with a pass deflection and a fumble recovery. Good for him.

Although Josh Allen had, by far, the most passing yards of his career, so it's possible he wasn't great in coverage. I'll have to get a Jets fan opinion on that, as I did not watch the game.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:19 pm
  • If I can't say "I told ya so" then it can't be true and I will spend many keystrokes defending my alternate universe.

That is how the naysayers deal with being proven wrong. Facts don't matter. The age of the internet has brought us professional contrarians who have honed their contrarian skills to a fine craft.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:44 pm
  • He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

However, like discussed earlier, the worry is having him long term, not just a rental.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:58 pm
  • I am shocked, not surprised, but shocked that they used him so much on the line. Kudos to the staff.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:02 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:I am shocked, not surprised, but shocked that they used him so much on the line. Kudos to the staff.

confidence in corners and Diggs allows it though. That is a put together secondary.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm
  • mikeak wrote:We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will.

That just seems extremely unlikely unless you know something that we don't. The Hawks have never shied away from paying top money to a top player. Look at the contracts for Russ, Bobby, Sherman, Kam, and Lynch. What the Hawks have rightly hesitated on is breaking the bank for players one tier below the top, and there is just no way they would have given up that much for Adams unless they viewed him as a top safety.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:
    mikeak wrote:It settles NOTHING

if not a payday for this guy then who? He will get paid by the hawks if he stays healthy this year. He will set the bar for safety.

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be paid. I am questioning if Seattle will pay him what he wants. They do hold the upper hand by his fifth year option and threat of a franchise tag so hopefully that works.

My only point is when you trade away two first rounders for a guy on year 4 of his contract then the situation is more complex than just his level of play
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:26 pm
  • The guy is a baller, making plays all over the field.
    He reminds me of a young Kenny Easley.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:28 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be paid. I am questioning if Seattle will pay him what he wants. They do hold the upper hand by his fifth year option and threat of a franchise tag so hopefully that works.

My only point is when you trade away two first rounders for a guy on year 4 of his contract then the situation is more complex than just his level of play

If he plays like today, you pay him and find away to maneuver other money around.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:07 pm
  • If he plays like today, you pay him and find away to maneuver other money around.

Was coming here to say exactly the same.

Unbelievable performance.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:And they schemed to use him. Surprised me. Kam and Earl had two sacks combine in their Hawks careers.

This, wow. I forgot pete could actually put a different D-scheme together.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:45 pm
  • Also a great post game interview. Seems like a good character guy for the org along with a bunch of other hawks I would put in that category.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:18 pm
  • The dude loves the game and brings so much juice. He's definitely a keeper.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm
  • That was the first time I watched a complete game that Adams has played in. I havent watched a Jets game in years. I have seen highlights of him but never knew he had true gamechanger ability. He will change this D. Pay the man.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:15 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    HawkerD wrote:

Well by then perhaps the situation would be settled one way or another and either way we'll be back with our first round draft choice, which is and has been even more precarious than whether or not Adams will resign. I'm guessing some in the front office is well aware of the situation.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:29 pm
  • Mr. Adams has increased the effectiveness our Defense by 25%.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm
  • Unclear now what the economic situation might do to the Cap moving forward. Hopefully, by next offseason it will be clarified somewhat.

(Not trying to be political here, but there is a bit of economic stress going on out there. ;) )

That could certainly have an affect on contracts in the near future.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm
  • Awesome performance yes but it's 1 game. Khalil Mack was awesome too for the Bears but has fallen off somewhat. Let's just wait and see if he can keep consistently playing at this kind of level.

Definitely exciting to see though.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm
  • Rat wrote:Speaking of that trade, it looks like McDougald had a solid debut for the Jets, at least statistically: 8 tackles with a pass deflection and a fumble recovery. Good for him.

Although Josh Allen had, by far, the most passing yards of his career, so it's possible he wasn't great in coverage. I'll have to get a Jets fan opinion on that, as I did not watch the game.

McDougald is a very good player, which is why so much draft capital seemed very steep. But if Adams keeps up the pace he set in game 1 it's all good.

Why would anyone choose RAT for their username?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 am
  • Appyhawk wrote:Why would anyone choose RAT for their username?

There may be any number of reasons, but it's (arguably, of course) perhaps the perfect mammal design on the planet. Rats are TOUGH beyond belief, and they are SMART. I have never had one, but they can make great pets if given plenty of personal attention.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:24 am
  • It absolutely DOES settle it. This guy is going to get even better, period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

However, like discussed earlier, the worry is having him long term, not just a rental.

Admittedly we could have him for 4 years between rookie contract and franchise tags if we wanted to. But I think we'll work out an agreement if he keeps playing like this. No desire for malcontents if we can avoid it.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:29 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

Admittedly we could have him for 4 years between rookie contract and franchise tags if we wanted to. But I think we'll work out an agreement if he keeps playing like this. No desire for malcontents if we can avoid it.

Yeah, he could have us over a barrell if he really wants to, and this might be naïve, but I think he is just passionately competitive and won't cause trouble as long as we're winning.

He is going to get an insane deal though, and it's going up by the week.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:37 am
  • And will be worth every penny.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:47 am
  • The smart thing for him may very well be to ask for the franchise tag, and put off signing a long-term contract for when the cap gets back on track.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm
  • That was Adams first game, after coming in mid off-season, limited submersion because of Covid (plus everything else) against a pretty solid offense with high round talent at every offensive starting position within a defensive scheme that has rarely allowed safeties to, more or less, smartly freelance unless they were playing out of their minds.

For all the hooplah, Jets fans are pushing out in safety Marcus Maye’s week 1 stat-line, he was the 39th overall pick in the same draft class as Adams. It’s not like Gregg Williams is making magic out of nothing. Maye isn’t top ten first round talent but was still drafted top 40 overall even after Jets took Adams at #6. Maye also is in 4th season , in midst of his 2nd with Gregg Williams... so Maye has much more familiarity and continuity with the Jets than Adams has had with the Seahawks.

But Adams almost played like he’s been here his whole career, I just think him and Shaq need to iron things out, and Shaq seemed out of sorts because he’s not used to his SS moving all over the place kind of leaving Griffin on island, more so than ever, in make or break opportunities. We’ll see if Shaq rises up as him and Adams gets more acclimated together.

But Adams is a force, the thing I’m most excited about is, Wagner has a signature hold-up tackle, that stonewalls ball-carriers but keeps them on their feet. When Adams and Wagner get more chemistry together, along with the emergence of Blair and the scrappiness of Diggs, I see a lot of FF coming our way for teams that choose attack the middle of the field.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information