That game should settle one thing...

Rat

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is absolutely worth the bounty we gave up for him. Hell, the Jets should be ripped for not getting more. What a freaking God of a player!

John63

Reaction score
Rat":20qoo0dn said:
Jamal Adams is absolutely worth the bounty we gave up for him. Hell, the Jets should be ripped for not getting more. What a freaking God of a player!

Agreed

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Not feeling bad about that bounty in the least. DPOY candidate.

He was everywhere. Him and Wagner were lights out. And that Atlanta team is no slouch offensively. They are stacked at receiver and Gurley is solid still. And Ryan is a top 10 QB.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Mad Dog":35kcq7rq said:

He was everywhere. Him and Wagner were lights out. And that Atlanta team is no slouch offensively. They are stacked at receiver and Gurley is solid still. And Ryan is a top 10 QB.

Kind of funny that Adams' biggest DPOY threat might be a player on his own team.

mikeak

Reaction score
It settles NOTHING

Most of us perplexed by the trade were not arguing that he isn't an all-star.

We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will. The value of the trade is dependent on his play AND an extension being agreed upon

HawkerD

Reaction score
mikeak":2mtg8ymy said:
It settles NOTHING

We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will. The value of the trade is dependent on his play AND an extension being agreed upon

if not a payday for this guy then who? He will get paid by the hawks if he stays healthy this year. He will set the bar for safety.

Polk738

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen such a dominant performance at the safety position, he was definitely worth everything the Hawks gave up to get him and then some.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
mikeak":34bhduce said:
It settles NOTHING

He will deserve top safety pay. These are the types of guys you open the bank for. If a team can’t afford two top players they aren’t managing their cap well.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Mad Dog":27idenhc said:
He will deserve top safety pay. These are the types of guys you open the bank for. If a team can’t afford two top players they aren’t managing their cap well.

He deserves top defensive player pay. Another thing this game should have made obvious to all those who criticized the trade is that Adams is so much more than "just a safety".

mort

Reaction score
Rat":24dvcj5j said:
Mad Dog":24dvcj5j said:

Kind of funny that Adams' biggest DPOY threat might be a player on his own team.
What a glorious problem to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanomoz

Reaction score
And they schemed to use him. Surprised me. Kam and Earl had two sacks combine in their Hawks careers.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Speaking of that trade, it looks like McDougald had a solid debut for the Jets, at least statistically: 8 tackles with a pass deflection and a fumble recovery. Good for him.

Although Josh Allen had, by far, the most passing yards of his career, so it's possible he wasn't great in coverage. I'll have to get a Jets fan opinion on that, as I did not watch the game.

Mick063

Reaction score
If I can't say "I told ya so" then it can't be true and I will spend many keystrokes defending my alternate universe.

That is how the naysayers deal with being proven wrong. Facts don't matter. The age of the internet has brought us professional contrarians who have honed their contrarian skills to a fine craft.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

However, like discussed earlier, the worry is having him long term, not just a rental.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I am shocked, not surprised, but shocked that they used him so much on the line. Kudos to the staff.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3f91ncqg said:
I am shocked, not surprised, but shocked that they used him so much on the line. Kudos to the staff.

confidence in corners and Diggs allows it though. That is a put together secondary.

AgentDib

Reaction score
mikeak":af29b1d7 said:
We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will.
That just seems extremely unlikely unless you know something that we don't. The Hawks have never shied away from paying top money to a top player. Look at the contracts for Russ, Bobby, Sherman, Kam, and Lynch. What the Hawks have rightly hesitated on is breaking the bank for players one tier below the top, and there is just no way they would have given up that much for Adams unless they viewed him as a top safety.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkerD":5g0gczqg said:
mikeak":5g0gczqg said:
It settles NOTHING

if not a payday for this guy then who? He will get paid by the hawks if he stays healthy this year. He will set the bar for safety.

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be paid. I am questioning if Seattle will pay him what he wants. They do hold the upper hand by his fifth year option and threat of a franchise tag so hopefully that works.

My only point is when you trade away two first rounders for a guy on year 4 of his contract then the situation is more complex than just his level of play

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The guy is a baller, making plays all over the field.
He reminds me of a young Kenny Easley.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":ok8mavkw said:
HawkerD":ok8mavkw said:
mikeak":ok8mavkw said:
It settles NOTHING

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be paid. I am questioning if Seattle will pay him what he wants. They do hold the upper hand by his fifth year option and threat of a franchise tag so hopefully that works.

My only point is when you trade away two first rounders for a guy on year 4 of his contract then the situation is more complex than just his level of play
If he plays like today, you pay him and find away to maneuver other money around.

Latest posts