Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New England Patriots

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Belecheat still there.

Cam the Towel there now.

No reason to stop despising these guys yet.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

On D, the DB's are a great unit , but the front 7 are mostly unknowns who did well today but doubt they can do that regularly. Carson concerns me, and I expect Carroll to try to run it more than throw.

The x-factor is the lack of a crowd and the typical huge Hawks home field advantage. So I expect a close game.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

On D, the DB's are a great unit , but the front 7 are mostly unknowns who did well today but doubt they can do that regularly. Carson concerns me, and I expect Carroll to try to run it more than throw.

The x-factor is the lack of a crowd and the typical huge Hawks home field advantage. So I expect a close game.

There is hardly a team outside the NFC south that Knows Newton better then us, we played them like 7 seasons in a row or seemed like it. We also have his ex go to target on our roster, this will be a game we will see if Palpatine has had time to turn Cam to the dark side or will he still crumble under pressure and forced errors allowing us to get in his head.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Cam threw 19 times and ran 15 times.
    I dont see him running 15 times against Wagner, Adams, Diggs and Blair. It will be entertaining to see if Cam can get the ball out quickly or if he chooses to run into our D.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Russ Willstrong wrote:So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.

They ran for over 200 yards, had 5 long drives. They've morphed back to the 2018 playoff team but with a lot of RPO mixed in. That's Newton's game, and I'm sure Baltimore's success with it is driving Belichick & McDaniels to build around it. Good OL, we have our C Andrews back after missing last year with a blood clot.

The 2 key areas will be can Seattle stop that, and can the NE db's slow down Wilson?
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.

They ran for over 200 yards, had 5 long drives. They've morphed back to the 2018 playoff team but with a lot of RPO mixed in. That's Newton's game, and I'm sure Baltimore's success with it is driving Belichick & McDaniels to build around it. Good OL, we have our C Andrews back after missing last year with a blood clot.

The 2 key areas will be can Seattle stop that, and can the NE db's slow down Wilson?

They played the dolphins dude, that team is trash, and in total rebuild mode, we are better at every position by leaps and bounds.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• We also have Bruce and KJ both about 250lbs, our LB's are not small and I doubt they want Cam taking the kid of hits our Defense will be delivering.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Ambrose83 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Russ Willstrong wrote:So Cam had 75 yds rushing and his RB had less than 40. Not quite "running at will" IMO.

They played the dolphins dude, that team is trash, and in total rebuild mode, we are better at every position by leaps and bounds.

That Dolphins team beat us in the last game of the RS last year, costing us the 2 seed. And their HC was on the NE staff for like 8 years. They'll finish around .500 this year, they've got some talent.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• Belichick will ALWAYS have a great game plan. He'll scower the tape and try to identify our strength and take it away. I know they would never look forward a week, but we definitely flipped the scrip on ATL throwing way more than running.

Wonder if that means a switch to the mean next week.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• How to beat Cam, Pick him off and talk trash to him, when he runs stand him up and punish him, he will go under the towel afterwards.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hmm. My only concern here is Towel because I saw Towel beat up on our team long ago.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bill has been very complimentary about Russ in the presser.

Given BB’s basic tactic is always to find one problematic opponent player and neutralise them, let’s assume this is a smoke screen and he has just watched the tape on Jamal Adams :D

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... layed-him/
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• Hey guys, new here, much respect.

Yeah look, as a Patriots fan, I have seen Bill compliment opposing players but most of the time it's based on actual assessments.
    Wilson is one of the most dynamic and underrated players in the NFL.
    Give that man an offensive line and he will show his true worth. He is clutch. You can't count him and Mahomes out at any point in the game.

I love our secondary but you guys will back Wilson and I understand that. It's a heavyweight matchup.

Bill is a mastermind, so we will have to see. We don't really know what kind of team we are yet and besides Edelman, our receivers are too inexperienced and not there yet to really challenge.
    So, it will have to be a Cam-show and the Seahawks are one team that really knows how to gameplan for him.
    Adams was a great get for the Seahawks, we played the Jets twice a year, so we got to see his worth on a bad team. He even locked down Gronk in one game....so there is that..

It's going to be a good game. We however, won't have the 12h man counting against us.
    PatsSA
    NET Bench Warmer

• PatsSA wrote:Hey guys, new here, much respect.

Yeah look, as a Patriots fan, I have seen Bill compliment opposing players but most of the time it's based on actual assessments.
    Give that man an offensive line and he will show his true worth. He is clutch. You can't count him and Mahomes out at any point in the game.

I love our secondary but you guys will back Wilson and I understand that. It's a heavyweight matchup.

Bill is a mastermind, so we will have to see. We don't really know what kind of team we are yet and besides Edelman, our receivers are too inexperienced and not there yet to really challenge.
    So, it will have to be a Cam-show and the Seahawks are one team that really knows how to gameplan for him.
    Adams was a great get for the Seahawks, we played the Jets twice a year, so we got to see his worth on a bad team. He even locked down Gronk in one game....so there is that..

It's going to be a good game. We however, won't have the 12h man counting against us.

Welcome, and good post.

The 12th man hasn't helped us much of late. We were much better on the road than at home last year.

If we bottle up Cam on option plays, I think the Hawks have a good chance to win. But with your defense this year, it'll be interesting to see what kind of points we can score.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:
    PatsSA wrote:Hey guys, new here, much respect.

Welcome, and good post.

The 12th man hasn't helped us much of late. We were much better on the road than at home last year.

If we bottle up Cam on option plays, I think the Hawks have a good chance to win. But with your defense this year, it'll be interesting to see what kind of points we can score.

Yeah, I expect the Seahawks to load the box and keep Adams as a spy.
    I think we need it, we need our receivers and tightends to start taking ownership. Tough game away for our inexperienced offence
    PatsSA
    NET Bench Warmer

• Hit Cam often, early, and hard. Then pouty “towel mode” begins.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Air Quality Index Seattle

'Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof'

'The air is so bad that even the Mariners game played yesterday INDOORS was smoke-filled. HVAC couldn't even filter it all out.'

:D
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:Air Quality Index Seattle

'Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof'

'The air is so bad that even the Mariners game played yesterday INDOORS was smoke-filled. HVAC couldn't even filter it all out.'

That’s because T-Mobile isn’t really an indoor stadium. Think of it more like having an awning over a pick nick table.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

Good info,thanks for popping in.

Whats the mood there with Brady gone?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:Air Quality Index Seattle

That’s because T-Mobile isn’t really an indoor stadium. Think of it more like having an awning over a pick nick table.

I know and so should they
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:The Pats ran at will against the Dolphins today. Good OL, good group of RB's, Newton can run inside and out, and McDaniels is cooking up a Ravens-type playbook. Even with mediocre WR's and TE's, they look potent.

Good info,thanks for popping in.

Whats the mood there with Brady gone?

Fans were ready for a change. Brady wasn't happy, yet to make him happy would've incurred too much risk for a 43 yr old. Plus he needs good receiving weapons that NE lacks, and re-signing him would also have put the team in cap hell.

For a few months it wasn't fun looking at the abyss, while Brady & Gronk frolicked in the sun. Then Newton arrived on the scene, at $1m/yr. He's been a pleasant surprise all the way around, and after a + performance against Miami, suddenly the feeling is that we're a contender again. Everyone around here had been picking the Dolphins, and NE dominated them. His running, and the OL & RB's in general, take the pressure off the sub-standard receiving corps.

This game against the Hawks is a huge proof of concept. I expect Seattle to win, but if NE gives them a game then I think we're gonna have a strong season. Good luck Tom, but Cam was the perfect guy to ride in on his white horse.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• The dolphins, they beat the freaking dolphins and had 3 gift wrapped picks, Wilson tossed 5 all last year. This is like Oklahoma fans getting hyped up after besting southern Oklahoma State or a team as bad as that would be.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:The dolphins, they beat the freaking dolphins and had 3 gift wrapped picks, Wilson tossed 5 all last year. This is like Oklahoma fans getting hyped up after besting southern Oklahoma State or a team as bad as that would be.

Everyone around here had the Dolphins winning. In the last game of last season, with a bye on the line, Miami marched into Foxboro and decisively beat the Patriots. That team is not a joke, they're as good or better than Atlanta I'll say that.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:The dolphins, they beat the freaking dolphins and had 3 gift wrapped picks, Wilson tossed 5 all last year. This is like Oklahoma fans getting hyped up after besting southern Oklahoma State or a team as bad as that would be.

Everyone around here had the Dolphins winning. In the last game of last season, with a bye on the line, Miami marched into Foxboro and decisively beat the Patriots. That team is not a joke, they're as good or better than Atlanta I'll say that.

You are high as a kite if you truly believe that, they are not in the same universe as a team w Ryan, Jones, Ridley and jarret.... And just because you guys lose to a $h!t team doesn't make them suddenly good. The dolphins suck, you got 3 turnovers and barely put up 20 pts... If that is a confidence boost then those expectations are damn low.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:The dolphins, they beat the freaking dolphins and had 3 gift wrapped picks, Wilson tossed 5 all last year. This is like Oklahoma fans getting hyped up after besting southern Oklahoma State or a team as bad as that would be.

You are high as a kite if you truly believe that, they are not in the same universe as a team w Ryan, Jones, Ridley and jarret.... And just because you guys lose to a $h!t team doesn't make them suddenly good. The dolphins suck, you got 3 turnovers and barely put up 20 pts... If that is a confidence boost then those expectations are damn low.

3 TO's is a positive not a negative. As far as 20 points, we fumbled at the goal line and missed a 42 yd fg, so it should have been 30.

If the Hawks played Miami twice a year, they'd pretty much split with them like NE has most seasons. The Pats win 12-14 games every year, and usually have an L to Miami on their record, may of them big games.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:

3 TO's is a positive not a negative. As far as 20 points, we fumbled at the goal line and missed a 42 yd fg, so it should have been 30.

If the Hawks played Miami twice a year, they'd pretty much split with them like NE has most seasons. The Pats win 12-14 games every year, and usually have an L to Miami on their record, may of them big games.

You guys were gifted the most dysfunctional division possibly in history, aside from 2 years with the Jets what other team in the AFC east was anything but trash? Not to mention the overall AFC has been weak for a decade now.. It's ok, you are pumped about beating the dolphins who have college level talent and a career $h!t back up at qb.... You can enjoy the 6 rings at least .
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:

12 OR 14 Games every year, that division has the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets, Abysmal win records for most the last 20 years for all except an occasional outlier. But nothing sustained.

On the other hand the NFC West has been sending a team to the Super Bowl about 80 percent of that duration with the Panthers and Saints being teams that have taken that spot off the top of my head.

So impressive runs for both teams, but strength of competition is heavily tilted to the Seahawks year in and year out.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• C'mon pats fan.

At best you have Cam the Towel. You don't have the Brady/Gronk magic and you had to have two kickers on the PS with not one active at start of season. Rebuilding happens to most teams every year, and you are now most teams until proven otherwise, which I frankly don't see Towel doing.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:Everyone around here had the Dolphins winning. In the last game of last season, with a bye on the line, Miami marched into Foxboro and decisively beat the Patriots. That team is not a joke, they're as good or better than Atlanta I'll say that.

12 OR 14 Games every year, that division has the Dolphins, Bills, and Jets, Abysmal win records for most the last 20 years for all except an occasional outlier. But nothing sustained.

On the other hand the NFC West has been sending a team to the Super Bowl about 80 percent of that duration with the Panthers and Saints being teams that have taken that spot off the top of my head.

So impressive runs for both teams, but strength of competition is heavily tilted to the Seahawks year in and year out.

You've been cursed with the toughest division the past 2 years, no doubt. Prior to that I don't recall SF, AZ, and the Rams being very formidable. AFC East has been an average division over the years, not below average. And NE has had the same winning pct against AFCE and non-AFCE teams - 75-80%.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:C'mon pats fan.

At best you have Cam the Towel. You don't have the Brady/Gronk magic and you had to have two kickers on the PS with not one active at start of season. Rebuilding happens to most teams every year, and you are now most teams until proven otherwise, which I frankly don't see Towel doing.

Could be right, don't know yet. They've had 1 good week, and they were 12-4 last year. But with a different QB this year, it could all go to sh*t. It's a feeling we haven't had for a long time.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    50yrpatsfan wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:

You've been cursed with the toughest division the past 2 years, no doubt. Prior to that I don't recall SF, AZ, and the Rams being very formidable. AFC East has been an average division over the years, not below average. And NE has had the same winning pct against AFCE and non-AFCE teams - 75-80%.

In 2013, the worst team in the NFC West was the Rams at 7-9. They were 1-5 in the West, while they were 6-4 outside of it. The non-divisional record for all 4 teams combined was 30-10, and the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals all won at least 10 games.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• The Palmer/Arians Cardinals were very good on both O and D

The Fisher Rams had an incredibly good D

The Harbaugh 9ers were very good with a tough transition
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• He cannot argue division toughness top to bottom year in and year out unless you go back to the Levi, Shula, Parcells Eras, then the Patriots were the Patsies of the Division for the most part.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 50patsfan, It is rare for our division to not have at least two active contenders in it. Sometimes it's us and the 9ers, sometimes it's the Rams who are the true No. 1. I can't deny the cards might be the next group to give the division fits...Deondre Hopkins and Kyler the squirrel who no one's figured out yet. We are used to contending and knowing we might not be the one, because it happens to all of the teams every year.

Whereas you guys have the Dolphins, the Jets and the Bills. The Bills at least the Pats appreciate as a threat...but the Dolphins really cost them and that was when it was said they were trying to tank for Tua! That's what I mean by saying welcome to what everyone else deals with--it's not like we here gets gifted with even thinking that we're not against a contender when we play in the division. We never had the lux of blowing a team off even in the bad years, because even bad teams can do mortal damage to yours.

In my humble opinion, you got rid of Brady for Belichick, but you can't hang your hat on him at his age (we can't with Pete either), and if he doesn't show production it's on him to go probably sooner than later.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:50patsfan, It is rare for our division to not have at least two active contenders in it. Sometimes it's us and the 9ers, sometimes it's the Rams who are the true No. 1. I can't deny the cards might be the next group to give the division fits...Deondre Hopkins and Kyler the squirrel who no one's figured out yet. We are used to contending and knowing we might not be the one, because it happens to all of the teams every year.

Whereas you guys have the Dolphins, the Jets and the Bills. The Bills at least the Pats appreciate as a threat...but the Dolphins really cost them and that was when it was said they were trying to tank for Tua! That's what I mean by saying welcome to what everyone else deals with--it's not like we here gets gifted with even thinking that we're not against a contender when we play in the division. We never had the lux of blowing a team off even in the bad years, because even bad teams can do mortal damage to yours.

In my humble opinion, you got rid of Brady for Belichick, but you can't hang your hat on him at his age (we can't with Pete either), and if he doesn't show production it's on him to go probably sooner than later.

Not denying that Seattle has had a tougher division to play in, just saying that the AFC East is a little underrated. NE has rarely swept its 6 division games, and almost always goes 4-2 or 5-1, the same winning % it's had with the league overall. No matter how far back you go, the AFC East vs the rest of the league is right in the middle, not at the bottom.

As fans we never dismiss a division game vs Miami, Buffalo or NYJ. There haven't been many playoff teams from that group recently, but they manage to give us trouble every year. Last year in week 17 Miami knocked the Pats out of a bye, and Denver won its SB a few years ago because Miami beat NE in the last week to give Denver HFA throughout.

Denver had their way in the AFCW for years. Same with GB in the NFCC. Pitt had no competition for probably 10 years until Baltimore rose about 8 years ago. NO had a free ride in the NFCS. Indy had a complete joke of a division throughout most of Peyton's career. NFCE didn't even have 1 team that was good for a long while. All of those examples fall within the NE era of the past 20 years.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• These are all excellent points. I'm just saying no one else in the nfl has had a streak as long as you guys did and it's just natural human instinct to get comfortable with it as long as it lasts, or lasted.

That said, who do you see as the greatest individual/position weapons on your team, and which could be potential liabilities and which could be both?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:These are all excellent points. I'm just saying no one else in the nfl has had a streak as long as you guys did and it's just natural human instinct to get comfortable with it as long as it lasts, or lasted.

That said, who do you see as the greatest individual/position weapons on your team, and which could be potential liabilities and which could be both?

Our receiving weapons are not good. Edelman is 34 and something's nagging him at the moment, a step slow. NKeal Harry hasn't developed, though we hope he's on the verge. TE's are all unproven though they all seem to have some talent.

Our offensive strengths are OL, RB, Cam Newton, and McDaniels/Belichick. NE's success will depend on how well they can implement and execute a Baltimore offense, which had similar limitations last year yet were unstoppable. Newton is 100% healthy and has a great attitude so far. He can run, and as a unit they can run.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• Feel pretty good about this game. This isn't the NE defense of last year. 7 new starters including all three LB positions. Front 4 is similar to Seattle with no big names on the Pass rush. Seattle should be able to move the ball on the ground to set up deeper stuff down field. Not worried about Cam or NE's Offense.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

• Florio: Belichick praises Wilson at length

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has only coached against Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson three times, but he’s spent plenty of time watching him as he prepares for a fourth meeting on Sunday night.

During his Thursday press conference, Belichick made it clear that he likes what he’s seen from the NFC’s offensive player of the week from Week One. Wilson has plenty of other admirers, but Belichick thinks that the consensus opinion of the quarterback may still be selling him short.

“Honestly, I think he’s in a way maybe underrated by the media or the fans, I don’t know. I don’t really see anybody better than this player,” Belichick said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.

----------------

Not Cam? Is he messing with our heads?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:Florio: Belichick praises Wilson at length

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has only coached against Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson three times, but he’s spent plenty of time watching him as he prepares for a fourth meeting on Sunday night.

During his Thursday press conference, Belichick made it clear that he likes what he’s seen from the NFC’s offensive player of the week from Week One. Wilson has plenty of other admirers, but Belichick thinks that the consensus opinion of the quarterback may still be selling him short.

“Honestly, I think he’s in a way maybe underrated by the media or the fans, I don’t know. I don’t really see anybody better than this player,” Belichick said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.

----------------

Not Cam? Is he messing with our heads?

This is Belichek, he may respect and admire Pete and Wilson, but he does this with every team.

Call it marinating the meat before you throw it on the Bar B Que and and feed everyone.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'm going to flip the coin and say that the Patriots were not built on a weak AFC East, but instead the Patriots CREATED the appearance of a weak AFC East. If you are an AFC east team and had to play the Patriots to play twice a year that is a guaranteed 1-2 losses a year which in a 16 game season is big. Combine that with the best chance you had at making the playoffs is a wildcard (which is already hard to do when you're already guaranteed 1-2 losses a year against the Patriots). Wildcard playoff spots suck, you're at a disadvantage even if you make it in. NFL Team Owners and fanbases are also impatient as hell and demand jobs if a coach/GM can't produce in 2-3 years (tops). So combine all the above and you have AFC East Teams that just fire coaches and GMs every 2-3 years so there's no consistency and just continued lack of success. Now add that in the mix and tell me how many players really want to play for a Non Patriot team in the AFC East unless they get offered just stupid money and take up the entire salary cap for that one team to have like one star player that will not take them to any real continued success.

If the Patriots were built on a weak AFC East, then tell me why they were still kicking every other team's ass outside of it's division? One could argue the Broncos played a weak division for a few years in the last decade and had an easy route to the SB but they didn't exactly win the same amount of trophies in the last decade now did they?

Anyway onto the game. Belichick is the GOAT, he is NOT entertaining in interviews, but he also doesn't talk trash. I can respect that. He managed to win 4 games with JG who at this current time looks like an average QB. Cam was an MVP so the talent/potential is there. This is going to be a tough game. I really want to see how the Seahawks DL looks against a mobile QB and a team/coach that historically makes their OL work.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pats have a strong OL. Very talented & healthy LT in Wynn, 2 premier guards in Thuney and Mason, and a very good center Andrews who returned after missing last year with a blood clot. RT has questions due to Cannon sitting out the year, but they're rotating a couple of decent bench guys.

Also they're bringing out extra OL's in a 4 TE set, including rookie Onewu who moves ok for a 365 pound TE. And a big FB, with 4 RB's who are all pretty good, and Newton who looks to be still in his prime. That's their offense, they're gonna follow Baltimore's lead.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:Pats have a strong OL. Very talented & healthy LT in Wynn, 2 premier guards in Thuney and Mason, and a very good center Andrews who returned after missing last year with a blood clot. RT has questions due to Cannon sitting out the year, but they're rotating a couple of decent bench guys.

Also they're bringing out extra OL's in a 4 TE set, including rookie Onewu who moves ok for a 365 pound TE. And a big FB, with 4 RB's who are all pretty good, and Newton who looks to be still in his prime. That's their offense, they're gonna follow Baltimore's lead.

i concede these points are issues; my main disagreement is with Cam.

Cam had a good game last week, but he was IRed early on basically to get him healthy to go somewhere else, and that somewhere else is relying on him not just to be the 2016 Cam but to actively execute the Baltimore offense when a lot of that is LJ running and losing his QB protection as a runner. It's a neat trick for young QBs who can do it but they can't for long without basically running into a problem, which is what happened with Cam.

Someone like Belichick would probably not pattern according to Baltimore strictly with a recovered player in their 30s that they have invested in...if that's the plan I don't know how he lasts until Week 16...given that he lasted exactly through week 2 last year...
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yes, that's the concern, that Cam won't be able to deal with the hits like Jackson. He's not as fast or slippery as Jackson either, but he's probably in the top 3 or 4 in terms of QB running ability on designed run plays especially RPO. He's also got a little better arm than Jackson when they mix it up with a pass. His durability is what it is, nobody knows, but he's probably less likely to get hurt on a designed running play than a sack/scramble.

It's just going to be very interesting to see if they can bulldoze a Seattle-level defense, mixed in with 10-15 yard passes to Edelman and TE's. If NE's defense can keep it close in the 1st half, a running game like this can break a defense in the 2nd half.
    50yrpatsfan
    NET Rookie

• If there is a game that we want to start fast in it is this one, getting up by two scores and making Cam have to throw is the key, yes he has an arm, but he doesn't get the ball out all that fast and he doesn't have Olsen to bail him out. He doesn't read as fast as Tom Brady either.

Keeping our foot on the gas if we do this is important also, I would have hoped we had learned by now especially against the Pats you don't relax and go conservative on offense and prevent on defense.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:3 TO's is a positive not a negative. As far as 20 points, we fumbled at the goal line and missed a 42 yd fg, so it should have been 30.

It's true that Miami beat us in 2012. And had a very good chance to beat us in Seattle during the 2016 season opener.

Those Dolphins teams were far more talented than this year's team. This year's team should not be very competitive with us when we travel to South Florida in a couple of weeks.
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

• 50yrpatsfan wrote:

You've been cursed with the toughest division the past 2 years, no doubt. Prior to that I don't recall SF, AZ, and the Rams being very formidable. AFC East has been an average division over the years, not below average. And NE has had the same winning pct against AFCE and non-AFCE teams - 75-80%.[/quote]

During the 2012 season, the Patriots went 12-4. 11-1 against all non-NFC West competition. 1-3 against the NFC West, including two home losses.

If there's one thing that shows the relative strength of the NFC West vs. the AFC East, it's how frequently a Wild Card team came out of the NFC West, and how infrequently they came out of the AFC East.

A very strong New York Jets team was a Wild Card team in 2010, and nearly made it to the Super Bowl. There wasn't another Wild Card team from the AFC East until the Dolphins made it in 2016. Buffalo also made it in 2017 and 2019. The Miami and Buffalo teams were one round and out.

NFC West? During the same time period, the Seahawks were a Wild Card team in 2012, 2015, 2018, and 2019. During three of those seasons, we won a playoff game.

San Francisco were a Wild Card team in 2013, winning twice. Arizona was a Wild Card team in 2014, losing their first game to Cam and the Panthers. 2016 and 2017 are the only years in the past decade when we didn't have a Wild Card team.

All four teams in our division won at least one playoff game during that time. All four played in the NFC Championship game. Three played in the Super Bowl. That's a pretty deep division.
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information