Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pass rush

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Pass rush
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:18 pm
  • First of all, great win BUT I don’t have much confidence with what we’ve got. We didn’t need it today. If we play a mobile QB they are going to step up and run for fun in the middle. We contained the edges but no pressure inside. We really need a stuffer in the middle. Thoughts?
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Rookie

Re: Pass rush
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:21 pm
  • Lost Rasheem Green in the first quarter so that screwed up rotations and I’m sure guys were gassed.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:25 pm
  • More Poona.

But seriously, it's horses for courses. Matt Ryan is ice in the pocket, hence his nickname, but not much of a runner. Still he was inaccurate on several throws today, which means we were having an impact even if not getting home for sacks.

Yeah the D gave up 400+ passing yards, but that was just time, not points, so it worked in our favor.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:26 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Lost Rasheem Green in the first quarter so that screwed up rotations and I’m sure guys were gassed.
    What happened to green?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm
  • Could have looked worse if Dirk Koetter hadn't somehow forgotten for half the game that he has Julio Jones.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:53 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:More Poona.

But seriously, it's horses for courses. Matt Ryan is ice in the pocket, hence his nickname, but not much of a runner. Still he was inaccurate on several throws today, which means we were having an impact even if not getting home for sacks.

Yeah the D gave up 400+ passing yards, but that was just time, not points, so it worked in our favor.

A lot of that was late when the game was decided I did not see Ryan having all day to progress through reads. Also he did not need to the secondary allowed way to many soft spots in the zone. Much to clean up and they will. Remember the improved secondary is supposed to help the pass rush that did not happen today.
    tersal
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:00 pm
  • saw Falcon fans even commiserating about typical Ryan stat padding against the softer D.

Throughout the game though it wasn't like he was in clean pockets sitting in a rocking chair.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm
  • The defensive line came as advertised. It needs to be improved somehow.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:32 pm
  • tersal wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:More Poona.

A lot of that was late when the game was decided I did not see Ryan having all day to progress through reads. Also he did not need to the secondary allowed way to many soft spots in the zone. Much to clean up and they will. Remember the improved secondary is supposed to help the pass rush that did not happen today.

The soft zone makes reads easier and makes it harder for the DL to get pressure. However, it chews up the clock, which is the point of what we did in the 4th quarter. With over 4 minutes to go and a big deficit to overcome, Atlanta blew through the clock and sealed the victory for us.

Ok, mathematically they could have put something together with on-side kicks and hail-mary passes, for for all intents and purposes, that 4 minutes they spent working our soft zone down the field handed us the win wrapped up with a nice ribbon.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information