Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enthusiasm

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Enthusiasm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:16 pm
  • Where is the enthusiasm around here?

We had an early east-coast conference game against a team picked for the playoffs, and came away with a dominant win in which our QB surpassed 30,000 passing yards and 4,000 rushing yards.

We know our division is going to be tough sailing, so every game outside of it is crucial for playoff seeding.

And yes we gave up some garbage-time points while the clock was winding down, but we could because we were up big.

Our offense fired, our defense fired, our special teams make a key play. We looked good. We started well. We came away healthy.

How about some celebrating?
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Enthusiasm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:59 pm
  • Because game 1 never indicates how a season will go. I’m just stoked we won a road opener. But I’m not counting on the offense putting 38 points on everyone. Teams will adjust.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:03 pm
  • Everyone's busy watching the Mariners.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:13 pm
  • I was delighted with that team effort - One of the least stressful games I can remember!

Sure there are questions, but: Opening game, away from home, 38 points, 2 sacks and a takeaway?

Cheers everybody!
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 pm
  • I'm flippin' excited! :0190l: :179422: :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :fam:
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:25 pm
  • FPD wrote:I'm flippin' excited! :0190l: :179422: :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :fam:

FPD! Always good to see you man! :irishdrinkers:

I'm pretty stoked. And as said above, I didn't get overly stressed like I usually do, but thoroughly enjoyed the game. Kind of like Pete. No super lows on bad plays, but SUPER highs on good plays. I had fun.

And the nice thing about that approach, I"m not worn out after the game. I'm going to do my best to keep my emotions in check. Will probably fail though.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:27 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:Where is the enthusiasm around here?

We had an early east-coast conference game against a team picked for the playoffs, and came away with a dominant win in which our QB surpassed 30,000 passing yards and 4,000 rushing yards.

We know our division is going to be tough sailing, so every game outside of it is crucial for playoff seeding.

And yes we gave up some garbage-time points while the clock was winding down, but we could because we were up big.

Our offense fired, our defense fired, our special teams make a key play. We looked good. We started well. We came away healthy.

How about some celebrating?

Both lines had me concerned and they still do.

But we got away from that win it in the 4th qtr BS and that has been my b!@ch around here for awhile.

Call me satisfied for the 1st gameday and cautiously optimistic for the future.

PS, Adams is a beast.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 pm
  • EXCLAMATION POINTS
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:32 pm
  • I'm enthusiastic about the Niners just losing.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:32 pm
  • I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me, but it's not the same. Everything has been weird and screwed up for six months now. It's still kind of fun to watch but with no fans and the possibility the season will get really screwed up later on, it's just off.

I also don't like what I'm seeing with the defense overall with this game. Adams is a beast and there is certainly a lot of good things going on, but this team yet again gave up nearly 25+ points average like they did consistently last season . It's easy to get spun up about the big passing game output today or the two TDs scored in the first quarter (which hasn't happened since season before last), but this team gave up less than 20 points twice last year.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:FPD! Always good to see you man! :irishdrinkers:

Always good to be here my friend! Woot Woot!

Go Hawks!
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:Because game 1 never indicates how a season will go. I’m just stoked we won a road opener. But I’m not counting on the offense putting 38 points on everyone. Teams will adjust.

38 points is a lot but this is a VERY balanced Offense that can hurt you a variety of ways. Run, short and Deep passes. Russ looks completely in command. The Oline may be just good enough.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 pm
  • bmorepunk wrote:I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me, but it's not the same. Everything has been weird and screwed up for six months now. It's still kind of fun to watch but with no fans and the possibility the season will get really screwed up later on, it's just off.

I also don't like what I'm seeing with the defense overall with this game. Adams is a beast and there is certainly a lot of good things going on, but this team yet again gave up nearly 25+ points average like they did consistently last season . It's easy to get spun up about the big passing game output today or the two TDs scored in the first quarter (which hasn't happened since season before last), but this team gave up less than 20 points twice last year.

The present looks bad and the future has the potential to be downright catastrophic, but today, in this moment, something went right. And that much is worth celebrating.

And then the 49ers lost, and that is also worth celebrating.

I know things are tough, but you have to take the small victories when you get them, and today was a good day.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:46 pm
  • Dude! I said it before the season started - Russ is the NFL MVP, Jamal Adams is the Superbowl MVP! After we go at least 13-3 or 14-2 and win out in the playoffs. This team is going to be a juggernaut, and God help the opponent each week (because they'll need it). Legion of Boom has turned into the Legion of Zoom with all the speed added after last year's slow-assed defense. Adams is ETIII with a little extra, which is exactly what we needed for the last 2 or 3 years. Solari is erasing the stain which was rhymes-with-unable. That bootleg TD today was the exact play that would have won the Superbowl if only the OC at the time wasn't a damn idiot. We got it going this year! WooHoo!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm
  • Any win is a good thing . Next week might be more fun . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm
  • I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Good:

Jamal Adams is the real deal.
    Our secondary, as a whole, looks stronger.
    The offense should be Top-10 easy.

The Bad:

The Pass Rush is still anemic. There were lot of times in the fourth quarter where we generated zero pressure with four guys, and Matt Ryan took advantage despite being barely more mobile then a statue. That's worriesome, as pressure up the middle is the one thing I hoped we could generate with stunts and creative play calling. It just didn't happen.

The Ugly:

I could point out the run defense didn't shine on that first series, but it would be ticky-tack considering they finished pretty strong. Honestly, beside the gobs of yardage given up in garbage time by the secondary, there really wasn't much to dislike.
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me, but it's not the same. Everything has been weird and screwed up for six months now. It's still kind of fun to watch but with no fans and the possibility the season will get really screwed up later on, it's just off.

The present looks bad and the future has the potential to be downright catastrophic, but today, in this moment, something went right. And that much is worth celebrating.

I know things are tough, but you have to take the small victories when you get them, and today was a good day.

Present bad and the future catastrophic???

What are you referring to? Hawks looked great today
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:34 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me, but it's not the same. Everything has been weird and screwed up for six months now. It's still kind of fun to watch but with no fans and the possibility the season will get really screwed up later on, it's just off.

For some people the glass is half-empty. For some people the glass is half-full.. For some people the glass is HOLY $h!t EVERYTHING ISN'T LINING UP WITH ALL FACETS OF THE GAME SHOWING THAT WE HAVE NO WEAKNESSES AND THEREFORE WE WILL DIE IN AN INGLORIOUS SEWAGE FIELD OF SHAME!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:52 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:Where is the enthusiasm around here?

1. COVID
    2. Politics

Many people I know are just tired of it all and football just is way down on their list of important things right now. But the bandwagonners will be here once we are firmly leading the NFC.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:52 pm
  • A decisive game that wasn’t as close as the score was.
    Offense for the most part was like a well oiled machine. They look loaded.
    Only gripe is the series where they were forcing it to Homer.

Also liked the uptempo at times. Hopefully they do more of what they did today.
    Russ was beasting today hopefully he has more say in the offense.
    If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:31 pm
  • Any road win in the NFL is a Good Win.

I've posted previously that our O-Line is going to be much better this year than people expect. Didn't 100% show it this game, but overall got the job done, with way more road points than we usually score. Plus we have decent depth everywhere but LT. I was a little surprised we didn't run straight at Atlanta more, with our power running game, but can't argue with the results.

Jamal Adams was everything that was advertised and more. What a nice upgrade!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 pm
  • The glass is overflowing. With 2 more games for the offensive line to gel before facing a truly good D-Line, I'm happy
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:44 pm
  • Considering how we typically play in week one, this is fantastic.

Bottom line is this..

We got a 10AM start long distance road game out of the way and we walk away with a convincing win against a team that finished 7-1 with a MVP caliber QB that added a stud running back.

I think the lack of enthusiasm is because it kind of "didn't feel real" without the pre season build up and lack of fans. I think the enthusiasm will continue to build as the season progresses, but make no mistake, this was a beautiful convincing win.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:

The non-football world around us. If you haven't noticed, 2020 started with the death of Neil Peart and went downhill from there.

Edit: Further evidence of 2020 going to hell in a hand basket - the Rams' new jerseys.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:25 pm
  • Shock is the better word.

We went from bottom 5 defense to what looks like a top 5, certainly top 10.

(Can you imagine what this D would look like with Clowney coming from one side and Adams the other? ....)

Going to need an Adams jersey.

He might be the 2nd best and 2nd most important player on this team.

The scary part is the defense will get better. Much better. Offenses are way ahead of defenses right now.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:45 pm
  • Vegas had us way down
    Too smoky here to be happy about anything
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:41 pm
  • We faced a DL about as paper-thin as ours. So I'm happy but reserving long-term prognostications.

We also have yet to see whether Pete sticks to his guns regarding Let Pete Cook. He's done this before - come out pass-first guns firing and nab a solid win only to revert right back to his run-run-have-Russ-hold-the-ball-for-a-month tendencies the very next week and drop a perfectly winnable game. (5-3 Bucs in 2016, anyone?)
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:Where is the enthusiasm around here?

1. COVID
    2. Politics

Many people I know are just tired of it all and football just is way down on their list of important things right now. But the bandwagonners will be here once we are firmly leading the NFC.

Your 1 and 2. That and the west is on fire or smothered in smoke. All the more to enjoy something that doesn't suck!
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:56 am
  • I think Pete rolls with it for now, but he will have a quick hook I think if we have a situation that goes sideways, he is conservative in some ways and this is one of them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:13 am
  • Well, I am certainly enthusiastic about the win! It wasn't on TV in Australia, so I had to use the NFL website.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:46 am
  • The lack of enthusiasm is partly due to the chicken licken fans who predicted doom and gloom being wrong (at least for this game). They would rather make up the narrative that we were lucky than admit we have a good team and that the coaching team and fron office might know more than they do. Amateur fans with their tinpot blogs and podcasts. You know who you are.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:48 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:We faced a DL about as paper-thin as ours. So I'm happy but reserving long-term prognostications.

Agree with reserving prognostications but Grady Jarrett is better than all our DL combined. He's Aaron Donals Lite. The type of player that gives us fits. So I'm please he only got to Russ a couple times.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:51 am
  • Only on dot negative are some people still not happy with a 13 point road win. Oh well, I'm stoked for the season and watching this team get better as the season goes on. Shoot, so many of their yards were during garbage time, meh.
    And did anyone else actually think that Adams looks even BETTER than advertised? That guy is ridiculous.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 am
  • It was a very good win! Lets just appreciate that for a day or two.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 pm
  • Adams a difference maker. No doubt about it,
    BUT...when you have a QB who nears perfection everything else comes easier. Unbelievable performance by Russ yesterday. 31-35? Who does that?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:26 pm
  • He was ridiculous yesterday. Focused, throwing lasers and he looked a little faster on his long run. Go ahead, call me a Russ lover, I don't care. I do, and he was on point :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:46 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:The lack of enthusiasm is partly due to the chicken licken fans who predicted doom and gloom being wrong (at least for this game). They would rather make up the narrative that we were lucky than admit we have a good team and that the coaching team and fron office might know more than they do. Amateur fans with their tinpot blogs and podcasts. You know who you are.

Shots fired in the direction that I love! Well done!
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:48 pm
  • Here's to hoping we get "lucky" a lot more. And win ugly. And WINS get downplayed. I can't fathom not being stoked after a 13 point win on the road, but fan how you want. There's plenty of reason to be stoked about this team and what they can do this season. And it's 2020, how many of us even thought they would start on time?
    NOT a potshot, just joking around...……..
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:28 pm
  • 2020 season excitement is up tenfold after that game. OL and DL have a long ways to go, but if Wilson and Weapons play like that, and the defense brings those hits, turnovers and swag, Hawks are gonna win a lot of games this year, in spite of the weak pass pro and minimal pressure outside of blitzing Adams.
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Here's to hoping we get "lucky" a lot more. And win ugly. And WINS get downplayed. I can't fathom not being stoked after a 13 point win on the road, but fan how you want. There's plenty of reason to be stoked about this team and what they can do this season. And it's 2020, how many of us even thought they would start on time?
    NOT a potshot, just joking around...……..

I'm happy about the win. It's early and I'm not going to get too excited just as I wouldn't get too irritated if things had gone badly. If the defense gets to the point where they are sucking out the souls of the opposing offenses I'll start to think we'll have something special.

I'm still with you on last season, people griping over wins because they got "lucky" or the wins didn't look good. I'm glad with the win and they earned it, I just hope they don't let the other teams drop nearly 25 PPG on them again this year. That whole "Let Russ Cook" thing isn't going to matter that much in terms of getting deeper into the playoffs since the best case scenario with that is probably the 2018 Chiefs. Lots of points, can't stop another team when it matters.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:33 pm
  • I hear ya, I still don't worry about garbage time points. They still won pretty comfortably. I would LOVE to see them get a lot better against the run though.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information