Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Adams has unlocked this team

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Jamal Adams has unlocked this team
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:14 pm
  • We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.
    FearTheHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Jamal Adams has unlocked this team
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:17 pm
  • Best comparison is Polomolo who is headed for the HOF.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:18 pm
  • I was thinking the exact same thing. He reminded me a lot of Troy today.
    FearTheHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:09 pm
  • The Troy Polamalu comparison is spot on.

Would you give up two first round picks (both closer in value to a second round pick because so late) for a player of this caliber? Hell yea.

The only issue with the comparison is that long term health, consistency over years, and dedication over the long haul has to be realized to be mentioned in the same breath, but the potential is certainly there. Further, he seems to honestly love his situation here. He likes the culture, his team mates and his quarterback. It is obvious.

The sky is the limit for this young man.
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 am
  • The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:06 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

So this Guy really. Just a few decades later with a different number.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:55 am
  • His versatility is next level, and holy crap he is fast. Wow
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:56 am
  • He is the real deal folks. We won this trade. In a landslide.

We get to witness a hall of fame career.
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:10 am
  • Adams is a guy that it seems like every opponents possession, he's gonna make a potentially drive killing play. And he does it from all over the field.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 am
  • I honestly don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking, you don't let a generational talent like Adams leave, doesn't even matter how many draft picks you get in return.

Safety is my favorite position, grew up idolizing Kenny Easley, and never took my eyes off of Kam.......and Adams is in that vein, even better.

He's like a hybrid Earl/Kam, the quickness and instincts of Earl, but can hit and intimidate like Kam. Holy crap is he fun to watch.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:52 am
  • Clowney who?

Adams elevates his teammates. We got a good one and i think the comparison to Troy is good but Adams is even bigger. He brings the zoom of Earl and the Boom of Kam
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I honestly don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking, you don't let a generational talent like Adams leave, doesn't even matter how many draft picks you get in return.

Safety is my favorite position, grew up idolizing Kenny Easley, and never took my eyes off of Kam.......and Adams is in that vein, even better.

He's like a hybrid Earl/Kam, the quickness and instincts of Earl, but can hit and intimidate like Kam. Holy crap is he fun to watch.

More like a hybrid of Easley/Kam.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:38 am
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I honestly don't know what the hell the Jets were thinking, you don't let a generational talent like Adams leave, doesn't even matter how many draft picks you get in return.

More like a hybrid of Easley/Kam.

I'm OK with this, especially comparing instincts. Easley had tremendous instincts...............I see the same in Adams. Ball Hawk.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:05 pm
  • Yesterday watching him reminded me of watching Lynch in the first little bit he was here - I was like "Holy crap - we got a run game now!". Yesterday was like "Holy crap we have LOB 2.0 or better now!" Loved Loved Loved it!
    ddores
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:38 pm
  • FearTheHawk wrote:We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I think that Jamal Adams is the key to all of this. There's a reason P and J paid the price they did and it's not just because of the kind of player Adams is. He is a force of nature. What he did today was unreal. He was everywhere, blowing up plays, pressuring Ryan, screaming to the ball, and making obscenely sharp and instinctive tackles. He reminds me of prime Earl plus prime Kam but better because his football IQ is also off the charts. And to top it all off, he's only 24. He isn't a safety. Not in the traditional sense. He's a free-roaming one man wrecking ball that has no real defined position.

But it's not just about his play. It's his fire. His character. He has a clear passion for the game and he is so excited to be here with a functioning and high level organization (sorry Jets fans). His presence unlocks the rest of this Defense and the fact that he and Bobby get to play together is gonna be a blast to watch all year.

I know there's some posts about him already but I couldn't help but chime in. This guy is extremely special. The trade looks to be a stroke of genius and the Hawks better lock this guy up quick and pay him well because if he stays healthy, we are talking about a Hall of Famer. Mark it.

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:43 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    FearTheHawk wrote:We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

Not sure how you watch the whole secondary get dismantled yesterday and come to this conclusion.

Toxic posts like this are unnecessary and unhealthy to this board.
    Adams wasn't the reason Ryan threw for 450 in a loss.
    The Falcons have always had success against our defense, even with the LOB.

Good post by the OP. He was definitely a difference maker yesterday and can't wait to see what he can do for this team.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 pm
  • Not too worried about yards given up in garbage time.
    Yards is a fantasy league stat when it comes to defense.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:28 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

OMG!, I told my Wife exactly the same thing BEFORE the game even got under way; Told her that this guy is going to be EASLEY 2.0....IF this guy stays healthy, the whole Defense will will progress rapidly....He amps up everyone on the team AND Coaching Staff. :rocker: :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:53 pm
  • The Hawks D stopped them 4 TIMES on 4th down. They got a bunch of garbage time yards, big deal. I suspect the Falcons will move the ball on a lot of teams. The Hawks D made huge plays when needed.
    And the addition of Adams flat out makes the entire attitude of the Defense change. They guys are flying around and knocking teeth out.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:22 pm
  • Earl's range, Kam's hits, and Sherm's brashness. He is LOB 2.0 rolled into one.
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 pm
  • I was perplexed yesterday.
    I was more excited to watch defense instead of offense.
    Those dudes were playing with fire we hadn't seen in years.
    Yards were given up but stops were being made.
    Falcons were gettin smacked.
    The lack of crowd illuminated the sounds from the players.
    The offense and defense both fed off each other's energy.

We've seen this before.
    It's just been so damn, frustratingly long.
    The Breh
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm
  • FearTheHawk wrote:We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

Ask Adams what he thinks the key is. He'll give you two numbers...3 and 54, then he'll add a bunch of others and include coach and organization. He's a happy guy to be where he is.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 am
  • I honestly think he will go down as being as good as any of the LOB members. Early yes, but if he stays healthy, he can be one of the all time greats. And yes, I know it's only one game.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:03 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:The guy has an extremely high football IQ, plus athleticism, plus speed, and he can tackle.

There is a play till this day that stands out in my mind.It was against the Rams.Kenny Easley came on a blitz Eric Dickerson
    tried to pick him up only to be blasted 5 yards back right on his tush.My jaw drop to the floor.
    As much as Kam was an enforcer?Kenny Easley was The Judge,Jury and the Executioner in my book.
    Even Ronnie Lott considered the best safety to ever play the game once said Kenny Easley was the Greatest safety in the NFL.It was just to bad he got sick.
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:15 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    FearTheHawk wrote:We all love what Earl and Kam did for this franchise. They were incredible players during the prime era of the Hawks. But there was a fire there today that I haven't seen since the SuperBowl year. I don't wanna get too optimistic too early but Russ looked electric and the D had swagger.

I am very excited to have JA on this team (and my fantasy team)...and he certainly kicked ass yesterday. However, as a secondary, we got torched a lot yesterday. Fortunately it was mostly between the 20's.
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm
  • samwize77 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

I am very excited to have JA on this team (and my fantasy team)...and he certainly kicked ass yesterday. However, as a secondary, we got torched a lot yesterday. Fortunately it was mostly between the 20's.

It's game one and without any preseason games, so as expected, there are definitely some things to clean up. But that being said, Ryan, Julio, and Ridley are going to torch a lot of secondaries before this season is over. They have one of the best QB/WR combinations in the league.

But also keep in mind that once we built a big lead, the defense was playing very soft and that's when a good portion of those yards were given up.
    TraderGary
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 pm
  • Polamalu OR Sean Taylor? Not sure which is the more apt comparison. Will be fun to contrast and compare for seasons into the future.

I was arguing with a friend that Seattle may have the best group of safeties in franchise history of any NFL team.

I think San Francisco is the only other team that can make a reasonable argument against us.

Easley
    Robinson
    D Williams
    Earl
    Kam
    Adams

Throw in Merton Hanks and Bennie Blades well past their prime.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:04 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:Clowney who?

Adams elevates his teammates. We got a good one and i think the comparison to Troy is good but Adams is even bigger. He brings the zoom of Earl and the Boom of Kam

*S*...ZoomBoom Adams....I like it !
    CDN_C_Hawk
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information